Call Of Duty: Black Ops (7)

Comments

• tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've defected to BF BC 2 now. A breath of fresh air after putting up with the majority of idiots who play COD!
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    tombigbee wrote: »
    I've defected to BF BC 2 now. A breath of fresh air after putting up with the majority of idiots who play COD!
    QFT :)
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah. Cod is a different beast from BfBC. The latter is too slow. The reason I play cod is because it's fast and arcade. If I'm looking that type of gameplay then cod is the only real option.

BFBC is slow, controls like a dog, and DICES engine always has way too many jaggies and strange artifects in the distance to immerse me.

Saying that , both games are apples and oranges.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im sorry but this game is nothing but an epic fail to me!

does anyone know how much gamestation offer for cash?

im forcing myself to play it due to wasting £37 on it.

Just hold out until the patch. If the next patch does not fix the issues i have then i will be selling it.
  • SPARKIE1984SPARKIE1984 Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    any ideas when its out chris?

i really want it to just blooming work!!!!!
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    tombigbee wrote: »

Me too. The sense of being on a team is far greater in Battlefield, with squad spawning and the different roles each member can take.

Yesterday as an example, my attacking team had one more point to destroy on Oasis. It was in the open and snipers all around. Staying hidden so my squadmates could spawn on me, then unleashing smoke over the objective, we got it destroyed. Such a great, team experience.

I do like COD for it's fast, frenetic gameplay; you almost have to be hyper to play it well.
  • SPARKIE1984SPARKIE1984 Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats it. just tried cod again today, i just cant do it.

i hate this game. its shit !!!!!

im gonna join a bit of BFBC2 now me thinks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Patch 1.04 is nearing the end of Phase 2 testing. Going into Phase 3 submissions on 12/6.
    Patching process: http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=346952

Issues Addressed:
    • Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
    • Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.
    • Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
    • Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.
    • Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
    • Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
    • Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
    • Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
    • Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
    • Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
    • Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
    • Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
    • Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
    • Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:
    • Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
    • Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
    • Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
    • Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
    • Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
    • Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
    • Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

:D:D:D
  • Roge8014Roge8014 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    tommyd1258 wrote: »
    Me too. The sense of being on a team is far greater in Battlefield, with squad spawning and the different roles each member can take.

Yesterday as an example, my attacking team had one more point to destroy on Oasis. It was in the open and snipers all around. Staying hidden so my squadmates could spawn on me, then unleashing smoke over the objective, we got it destroyed. Such a great, team experience.

How on earth do you defend on a Rush game on Oasis? If the attacking team has at least two proficient chopper pilots and have half a brain (i.e. take out the AA guns to allow the choppers to fly relatively unhampered), plus the two tanks...it's more or less impossible to defend.

I joined a game (as a defender) on a Oasis Rush game part way through, my team (of complete randoms) were useless - two thirds were wookies.

I went as an engineer, tried to take out the tanks with my rockets, got blasted by the choppers everytime. Switched my focus on the choppers and successfully tagged one of them, hoping of my team mates would take it down....nope, bunch of muppets.

I left the game in frustration. Lost count how many times I died, and killed only one person (only because noone was watching the river side!).

Love Harvest Day, Heavy Metal and Cold War though. And Vietnam expansion pack will be with us in 2 weeks time! yay.

Sorry, off topic, :o

Did play a bit of BO last night, think I quit half the matches I played due to really bad connections. Bloomin hope 1.04 fixes the major problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    I'm a huge BC2 fan (200+ hours played), but I've only played it once since the new maps dropped, I'm enjoying Black Ops too much

On another note, the hacking/modding messages have begun on xbox live :(:(:(

"Hey everyone i'm doing a 15th prestige lobby, gold guns for 1600msp"

My messages are set to Friends Only too :mad:
  • Roge8014Roge8014 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    earsnot wrote: »
    I'm a huge BC2 fan (200+ hours played), but I've only played it once since the new maps dropped, I'm enjoying Black Ops too much

On another note, the hacking/modding messages have begun on xbox live :(:(:(

"Hey everyone i'm doing a 15th prestige lobby, gold guns for 1600msp"

My messages are set to Friends Only too :mad:

Don't panic, they'll get banned pretty soon, as that's ONE thing Treyarch are actually doing pretty quickly.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Saw a guy yesterday sporting a golden m16 yesterday in a game of search and destroy. He was only prestige level 5 so i reported him.He didn't pick it up and there was no one in the lobby over level 7 anyway.

The game seems to be running great the last few days,iv'e been having some good fun playing search and destroy and domination with out error.Unfortunatly, Groundwars still lags more often then not and it's my favourite game mode.
  • LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Saw a guy yesterday sporting a golden m16 yesterday in a game of search and destroy. He was only prestige level 5 so i reported him.He didn't pick it up and there was no one in the lobby over level 7 anyway.

The game seems to be running great the last few days,iv'e been having some good fun playing search and destroy and domination with out error.Unfortunatly, Groundwars still lags more often then not and it's my favourite game mode.
    Read about the glitch earlier, I think it was Combat Training again, you prestige in that then hit some buttons and magically end up in a 'live' lobby with the gold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »

I was looking at one of the people at the top of the leaderboards videos, they had played for 8 hours and they were in a game on WMD where everyone had golden guns :rolleyes:
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it was my graduation this morning. . .got back from dinner etc and to wind down after being blinded by photo's (and a few strawberry daquiris) I decided to give blops a bash for the first time in a week to wind down and relax before heading out.

First game I was host and it was one single minute of gameplay in the past week until:

Lovely freeze frame and PS3 crash - I just turned it off as opposed to resetting it to sit through all the menu's again. . .

£50 well spent :D
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »

Hopefully this patch, hopefully next week will help address this. The freezing is the single most important problem they should be addressing.

On, this though, mine only cost me £25 as the £20 PSN card I bought to get at that price is now a xmas pressie for someone :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on my new slim it isnt lagging the xmb as much as my fat. but still getting disconnected, n im tired of it tbh
  • CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had freezing in my phat yet, but the connections thing is getting annoying, there is seemingly no rhyme nor reason to it, just constantly getting disconned
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting to the point where the amount of freezing is making me worry about the health of my phat ps3. Every time it freezes there's a painful few seconds looking at the light.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During the time when mine freezes, the only activity is my wireless light which flashes madly
  • hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the freezing and hard reset can cause the hardware failure.

i've not been on the game in days due to the lagging xmb and freezing ps3. There have been reports that some ps3's have had the red flashing light thanx to this game
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant after turning it off and restarting it is when I watch the light for YLOD, I must proof read my posts in future!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im of the opinion that NO released game should be able to totally crash a machine. The operating system simply shouldnt let it get that far. They must be doing something heavily illegal (in the programing sense) surely for this to happen. Sony should actually insist that this is fixed, again, in my opinion, or Sony themselves need to look at the FW and make sure things like this cant happen.
  • hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a big problem is that black ops runs directly of the cd and there is no hard download onto the HDD.

I wonder if that what was changed at the last minute to stop the hackers copying it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive notced on my new ps3 that the disc is always loudly spinning up