Options

HO: King of hearts discussion

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    Cheryl seems to have forgot that she was the one who got Rhys and Jacqui together in the first place.

i thought that, when she said she didnt know but had a feeling .... she was the one that set it up!
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the storyline changed then because it was meant to end with them killing danny and all of them having to deal with what they`d done. that ep was a complete waste of time.
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    King of Hearts flops with 808,000 viewers.
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was better than this years Hollyoaks later.
  • Options
    wondertashwondertash Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    I thought it was better than this years Hollyoaks later.

Me too, this actually might have potential follow up storylines that aren't just Jem whining "he broke liams leg" at every given opportunity :yawn:

Would have been better if they had killed Danny, i wasn't impressed at the way he just gave her the money and let her go :sleep:
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that the purpose of it was that Danny was supposed to be bumped off now that Warren is back and three villains in HO would be too much.

Darren Day is a crap actor
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    MrBing wrote: »

Hardly a flop Misfits only gets around 4000 viewers and that's become quite popular.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oilcat wrote: »
    I thought that the purpose of it was that Danny was supposed to be bumped off now that Warren is back and three villains in HO would be too much.

Darren Day is a crap actor

Thats what was meant to happen but either it happens at a later date or they changed their mind and decided to keep him alive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    Hardly a flop Misfits only gets around 4000 viewers and that's become quite popular.

LOL! 4000? Viewers? No, it get's around 800k which is very good for a digital-only network. King of Hearts was towards the end of primetime on a mainstream terrestrial channel, so 808k is a flop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    i think cheryl being pregnant is a likely storyline,
    she has been sleeping around a bit recently, could be a 'whos the daddy?'
    and how else is jacqui gonna find out about rhys and her? Another kick for jacqui would be that she can't have kids herself.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Would they go there again wth jacqui though isn't that what finished her and tony. Mercedes being pregnant with his kid
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only seen the first 5 mins so far but will watch the rest later. Was Andrew good in it? I've always liked Rhys
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    wondertash wrote: »
    Me too, this actually might have potential follow up storylines that aren't just Jem whining "he broke liams leg" at every given opportunity :yawn:

*spits out tea laughing*

King of Hearts wasn't all that great but my expectations were low anyway tbh. I thought all the main regulars (Andy, Claire, Bronaugh, Emmett and the McQueens) were as great as they usually are but the storyline was utter pants and Darren Day doesn't cut it for me. I would have liked to see him killed off.

There were two scenes that immediately stood out to me as shoddy: Rhys being dangled and Cheryl especially acting like nothing was happening and Myra teaming up with Kathleen despite the fact they wouldn't even be in the situation if it wasn't for her!!

Having Cheryl and Rhys sleep together really spoilt it for me as I like Jacqui and Rhys so much :(.

I liked the credits and Brendan's eyemask though :D

It was all right, nothing special and a bit anti-climatic.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me its a bit silly - I'm pretty sure between the employed Theresa, Jacqui, Mercedes, Rhys and Carmel they can find £2,000 without all of this nonsense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen it yet, I sky plused it...but reading all this...don't know if I wanna see it now...can't get over Rhys and Cheryl.....ewwww! :confused:
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the episode was just laughable.

first off - No Mercedes in it, didn't this situation effect her aswell?

Rhys being dangled up side down from the balcony was a joke, we all know they wasn't going to drop him, as there are no plans for Andy Moss to leave the soap.

Kathleen helping Myra and the duo?? when it's her causing the problem in the first place.......... what?

the acting in it was good, I'm not disputing any of the acting efforts - shame it was just a cheesy script.
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    I thought it was rubbish and it got me confused as i'd watched the first look at 7pm then 10pm watched this episode. But anyways it was rubbish.
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    To me its a bit silly - I'm pretty sure between the employed Theresa, Jacqui, Mercedes, Rhys and Carmel they can find £2,000 without all of this nonsense.

This.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

But no one in Hollyoaks has savings until they need to start a new life and move away and then within hours they have the funds to do so :p
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed.

I mean surely Carmel could have taken some cash out of the till at evissa.

I do find it strange that the Mcqueens couldn't find 2 grand, when they are all employed.
  • Options
    GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    gmc93 wrote: »
    It was great to see Claire Cooper being the central character in the episode, she's so underrated as an actress. :)

I agree - She is very underrated, Claire Cooper is an amazing actress. I think she has great chemistry with Andrew Moss and Darren Day. Claire/Jacqui is my favourite female character in the show. Love her:)
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best part was Myra and Kathleen comming to save the day.
  • Options
    Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member

:eek::eek:
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member

Hardly Hollyoaks only gets between 900-1.4million viewers anyway, it was hardly destined to pull in anymore
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    Hardly Hollyoaks only gets between 900-1.4million viewers anyway, it was hardly destined to pull in anymore

Maybe so, but it's still a bad ratings nevertheless, especially considering HL got similar ratings on E4, a digital-only channel.