Office flirts

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
Forum Member
I share my office with a young guy in his 20's and a woman in her 40's. Over the last few months the little bit of flirty banter has been building up, and now seems at the point where they are struggling to keep their hands off each other.

I'm up for a laugh, and can see the appeal of cougars, but sitting in the middle of it is making me feel awkward. I always feel in the way, but I'm just trying to do my job.

Before you say that I'm just jealous, I am not. I'm in a happy long term relationship and have told my g/f about this and she just laughs it off, saying "I'm sure you have done worse". "Let them have fun".

Now approaching my 30's am I just getting old??

Comments

• smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    You're just getting old. Flirting is fun and part of human relationships.
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've done it myself, they need to get it on outside of work to break down the sexual tension.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as they're not actually doing "it" in the stationery cupboard or on the desk in front of you, I wouldnt worry about it
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    With you OP. I find flirty banter a bit irritating, gets to the point where you just think, for f**ks sake, just screw already and shut the f**k up :D

Nothing worse when you're trying to keep your head down than some dippy cow and her pretend toy boy bristling with endless inane banter bullsh*t.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    They have now taken to texting each other while "working". I don't have to hear all the sick bucket comments just the fake laughs.

I wouldn't be so annoyed but my boss made me give some of my work to the woman and she is taking forever to do it and it's all wrong.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graves39 wrote: »
    Yes... :D

Maybe it's just me but personally I've always put up an impenetrable barrier between work and my social life. I'm a naturally flirty person, it's just the way I am but at work my relationship with women has always been on a 100% professional level and I honestly believe that is the way it should be.
  • MMXIIMMXII Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it has got to the point where it is compromising work standards - report them.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll all end in tears! :D
  • tony71yugotony71yugo Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you not just masturbate in front of them then explain, "its both your fault you have sexually aroused me so much i just have to release my pent up desires".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Well they have finally left for today and left me in peace before I go home. She offered to take him home (45 mins out her way) and had her hands all over him as they left. I ended up feeling embarrassed for her.

Lucky enough another person was using our office today and they kept rolling their eyes and tutting at them. So at least I know I'm not the only misery at work!!
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    I have never done it, mostly because I have no idea how to flirt.

I do hate seeing it in the work place though.
  • belfastbobbybelfastbobby Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MMXII wrote: »
    If it has got to the point where it is compromising work standards - report them.

FFS get a life
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you play it smart, you should go to whichever one you are closest to and have a quiet word that comments are being made about their conduct and you just want to give them a heads up!
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony71yugo wrote: »
    Can you not just masturbate in front of them then explain, "its both your fault you have sexually aroused me so much i just have to release my pent up desires".

LOL :D
  • EyeOfTheStormEyeOfTheStorm Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say the OP sounds jealous.
  • kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they have finally left for today and left me in peace before I go home. She offered to take him home (45 mins out her way) and had her hands all over him as they left. I ended up feeling embarrassed for her.Lucky enough another person was using our office today and they kept rolling their eyes and tutting at them. So at least I know I'm not the only misery at work!!

I am bemused at why you are bothered and embarrassed about her offering to take him home. To be totally honest with you, it's none of your business. Even if the journey is two hours out of her way, that is her choice and none of your concern. I am wondering if they are playing up to your obvious annoyance with them.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Please let this turn into an "RG11 repull" type thread. :D
  • OvertheUnderOvertheUnder Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on my son!!! (to the young lad) :D
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're just getting old. Flirting is fun and part of human relationships.

Flirting IS fun, I agree...as long as it is light hearted.

But it is not fun if it is starting to embarass other folks and make them feel uncomfortable. Especially in an office, or other work environment, where you can't just turn away and ignore it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the nature of the business you work for in this office?
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I share my office with a young guy in his 20's and a woman in her 40's. Over the last few months the little bit of flirty banter has been building up, and now seems at the point where they are struggling to keep their hands off each other.

I'm up for a laugh, and can see the appeal of cougars, but sitting in the middle of it is making me feel awkward. I always feel in the way, but I'm just trying to do my job.

Before you say that I'm just jealous, I am not. I'm in a happy long term relationship and have told my g/f about this and she just laughs it off, saying "I'm sure you have done worse". "Let them have fun".

Do you work at the 'Dear Miriam' office?
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS get a life

He's trying to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS get a life

Sorry if I offended you :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony71yugo wrote: »
    I tried this once,didn't work:o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would get on my nerves too OP. I don't get why people feel the need to flirt in work, it's not like being in a bar were you can dissapere if things get a bit awkward, your stuck with the person for the rest of the day/week/month/year.... Stupid thing to do if you ask me! :sleep: