Emmerdale: Aleisha drew blood from Val

be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
Forum Member
✭✭
Following the assault by Aleisha, Val was left with a very bloody nose. IIRC, David helped to clean-up the blood.

Could the HIV storyline have ramifications for other characters including Priya and her unborn baby?

Comments

• kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,256
    Forum Member
    I doubt it. It would have had to enter Alicia or David's blood stream some how - ie they would need to have had an open wound for it to infect. It being passed on this way rather than sexual intercourse or shared needle use or transfusion (before they started checking all blood supplies) in incredibly rare. People take precautions of course (one of the reasons medics always use surgical gloves) but it is incredibly rare.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way anyone else could have a problem is if they themselves had an open wound at the time, enabling Val's contaminated blood to mix with someone else's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can catch it off toilet seats too, so everyone in the Woolpack & surrounding areas should have it by now, even Tootsie.

You can also catch it by breathing the same air, touching a door knob or by hugging someone.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can catch it off toilet seats too, so everyone in the Woolpack & surrounding areas should have it by now, even Tootsie.

You can also catch it by breathing the same air, touching a door knob or by hugging someone.

I once saw a film set in San Francisco. Am I at risk?
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Val hit Alicia though before she went to Portugal, slept with Ian and contracted HIV though, didn't she?
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »

That's actually just made me laugh out loud!

You can tell who is old enough to have seen all the "Don't Die of Ignorance" campaign back in 86 that know exactly what is what can't you!?!
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Val hit Alicia though before she went to Portugal, slept with Ian and contracted HIV though, didn't she?

I actually think it was soon after she got back. But the point still stands that there would only be a danger if Alicia or David has an open wound. So, if it had been a full on scrap with them both drawing blood and then wrestling around or something like a boxing match there might, just might be a danger but not the way it played out.

I can imagine some villagers getting hysterical about it all though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

YES!!! Now stop buggering about and GET TESTED!!! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Phew! I should be OK then...................I never touch knobs. :cool:
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

That's not what I've heard :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oi !! ForGodsSake (in every sense of the phrase), STOP listening to that Uncle Q reprobate. He's going all out this year to win DS 'Sexiest Poster'. As if! >:(
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member

:o:o Hahahaha! :D:D:blush:
  • ladyloulouladyloulou Posts: 7,932
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »

Thats just splitting hairs lol:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hey if the UK government ever need someone to calm the people down in case of an epidemic then you've got to be top of that list. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    :o:o Hahahaha! :D:D:blush:

:o..You can go off people you know. >:(>:(

:p
    Forum Member
    :o..You can go off people you know. >:(>:(

:p

:D You love me reallyyy ;-):p
    Forum Member
    Hey if the UK government ever need someone to calm the people down in case of an epidemic then you've got to be top of that list. :D

"Don't be alarmed, you're all going to die" :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And Alisha to Chas prophesising about Val "She's LITERALLY going to die!!!!"

About being happy about her party - bit of an irony, if only Alicia knew how true those words could turn out to be.
    Forum Member

"Don't die of Ignorance" wasn't far off that! That ruddy tombstone crashing down. Very off putting to a 15 year old virgin As I was at the time. Not to mention learning all the finer details of rimming, fisting etc when you hadn't even practical, personal knowledge of up and down vanilla!

Still, with only a couple of drunken exceptions which I regretted and checked, I have always been very careful so maybe it did it's job and rammed the message home at exactly the right age for me. Not too young that I couldn't understand but young enough to follow the 'rules' all ny active sexual life.

Ooh i've taken it off topic and gone serious now! Back to knobs.....
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    "Don't die of Ignorance" wasn't far off that! That ruddy tombstone crashing down. Very off putting to a 15 year old virgin As I was at the time. Not to mention learning all the finer details of rimming, fisting etc when you hadn't even practical, personal knowledge of up and down vanilla!

Still, with only a couple of drunken exceptions which I regretted and checked, I have always been very careful so maybe it did it's job and rammed the message home at exactly the right age for me. Not too young that I couldn't understand but young enough to follow the 'rules' all ny active sexual life.

Ooh i've taken it off topic and gone serious now! Back to knobs.....

:o:o Wow, it's a wonder anyone dared to have sex with everything I keep hearing about the old HIV adverts :p

Glad you have been careful and sensible about your sexual health though :)
    Forum Member
    And Alisha to Chas prophesising about Val "She's LITERALLY going to die!!!!"

About being happy about her party - bit of an irony, if only Alicia knew how true those words could turn out to be.

Oh I know :p Poor Val, Alicia meant well though :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I know :p Poor Val, Alicia meant well though :D

Yeah I know, she always does lol - just a bit of a laugh out loud moment as soon as she said it - almost couldn't believe what she said to Chas for a sec - then got it after thinking about it for a few seconds plus re-winding it back to the end of the scene (which then cut to the ad break) helped.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I know, she always does - just a laugh out loud moment as soon as she said - almost couldn't believe what she said to Chas -then got it after thinking about it for a few seconds (plus re-winding it helped).

One of those ironic moments :D "If only they knew...." :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of those ironic moments :D "If only they knew...." :p

Exactly; oh the irony "if only they knew".

That's one for the soap cliches thread.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I doubt it. It would have had to enter Alicia or David's blood stream some how - ie they would need to have had an open wound for it to infect. It being passed on this way rather than sexual intercourse or shared needle use or transfusion (before they started checking all blood supplies) in incredibly rare. People take precautions of course (one of the reasons medics always use surgical gloves) but it is incredibly rare.

I was going to post something like this