Options

Disappointed With Terence/Steph Storyline?

Sinbazro_05Sinbazro_05 Posts: 923
Forum Member
✭✭
This had the potential to be the soap storyline of the year but it was sidelined to make way for the panto wedding and Danny/Dawn drivel.

I think the writers have made a mistake by giving Terence no children. :(

I thought Terence would have moved into the village and settled in for quite some time before his true colours were revealed.

I was really looking forward to Terence's rendezvous with Steph in the cellar but I thought it was a bit of a let down too.

What does everybody else think?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This had the potential to be the soap storyline of the year but it was sidelined to make way for the panto wedding and Danny/Dawn drivel.

I think the writers have made a mistake by giving Terence no children. :(

I thought Terence would have moved into the village and settled in for quite some time before his true colours were revealed.

I was really looking forward to Terence's rendezvous with Steph in the cellar but I thought it was a bit of a let down too.

What does everybody else think?

I actually have a feeling (and I really hope this is the case) that it is far from over. The build up has been too much to allow for a really wimped out ending like we saw last night. I think the drinking Terrence did on Tuesday was just the start of something to come later on. I think he'll turn up again in the future hell bent on what he sees as revenge against Steph and Alan.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not disappointed with it at all. It's the best storyline going in Emmerdale at the moment.
    As Andy said, I think it's far from over.
  • Options
    Jamesessex69Jamesessex69 Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I havent seen it all - I have gone off Emmerdale in the last few months, can't stand the Dawn/Danny/Scott stuff , the Dingle stuff (god I just wish Alice would die) and not to keen on the kings either (Actually dont know why i do watch it?? :)

However I have never rated Lorraine Chase as an actress - I think she is embarrasing on screen and gets out-acted by whoever she is on screen with.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    However I have never rated Lorraine Chase as an actress - I think she is embarrasing on screen and gets out-acted by whoever she is on screen with.

I thought it was just me that thought that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was just me that thought that.
    Nah, it's me too. She's far too whiney and embarrassing for my taste. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I havent seen it all - I have gone off Emmerdale in the last few months, can't stand the Dawn/Danny/Scott stuff , the Dingle stuff (god I just wish Alice would die) and not to keen on the kings either (Actually dont know why i do watch it?? :)

Except the Doctor... he's even worse than she is. The character is really good... but Lorraine Chase can be a little unbelievable at times.

I also agree about Alice... I cannot identify with her at all... just wish she'd shuffle off somewhere else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO Lorraine "Nah...Luton Airport!" Chase has proved herself as an actress over the last couple of years.

Since we're all confessing, I think Terence has been pretty wooden since he arrived. Maybe it was the script, which let him down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed the episode when Steph & Terence were in the cellar. What happened please?
  • Options
    CaramelCaramel Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO Lorraine "Nah...Luton Airport!" Chase has proved herself as an actress over the last couple of years.

Since we're all confessing, I think Terence has been pretty wooden since he arrived. Maybe it was the script, which let him down.

I don't usually resort to personal comments, because they are below the belt, however: Steph is so orange, the hair, the make-up, the eye-brows, all detract from making her a believable and serious actress.

Emmerdale really took the biscuit the other evening, when Steph said, "it was forty years ago...." She was supposed to be eleven at the time; Steph 51, do me a favour, 61 would be closer.

I know everyone ages differently, that looks aren't everything, and I personally do not agree with cosmetic surgery; but we should grow old gracefully and accept ourselves as we are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what the doctor is up to.

I thought it strange when the police came to interview Steph he backed away just claiming to be a resident.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan looks more like an older sibling that Steph and Terence's father.
  • Options
    WhitneyWhitney Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll keep this short.

Not disappointed with it. But I think the writers shouldn't have changed the fact thathe had children two years ago.
    Lorraine has proven what a fantastic actress she is and she must struggle these days with Adam constantly at her side (He is a bad actor)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure Alan was 70 in it not that long ago.

Must have been very young when the children were born if Steph is around 51 and Terrence older than her.

also has he really been called Terrence all his life! :eek:
  • Options
    KaliMistKaliMist Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    geniedi wrote:
    I wonder what the doctor is up to.

I thought it strange when the police came to interview Steph he backed away just claiming to be a resident.

I took it to mean that the doc didn't want the police to know he had a personal relationship with Steph just incase they thought he was coaxing her to say these things.... like Alan was accusing him of.... maybe I'm wrong and he is up to something :)

I'm glad Terrence was found out but I did feel a bit cheated he left just like that... let's hope there is more to come...
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    If Steph were 51, Terence would be 53, Actor Richard Thorp is 71 this August so it's realistic for Alan to be a similar age. He could easily have had both children.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Hell no, I'm loving this storyline I think it is going to be really good.
    Ever since Steph's first nutty turn she has been one of the best Emmerdale characters and her storylines are never short of gripping.
    This sinister saga is no exception. I can't wait for terence's return, just when Steph and Adam settle down, it'll be huge and we also have Adam's secret to look forward to. It will be interesting to see what all this does to Steph...will it send her loopy again.
    Alan must be wondering why all his children try to kill him though!
    Lorraine Chase is a fantastic actress and she really outdoes herself sometimes in Emmerdale. When she confessed that she was abused by a child to Adam was particularly poignant and moving, especially now it's confirmed she was telling the truth
    This storyline is pure gold!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    i agree that the writers should've kept Terrence's true colours under wraps for a while longer though tbh but the worst effort Emmerdale have ever made in a storyline IMO was with Pearl's son (Frank Bernard) when he'd been let out on parole for rape...this had the potential to be an interesting storyline and i was expecting it to roll on for a few months and it ended after a week as Len, Pearl and Frank were bullied out of the village...they could've done a story similar to the 1 with Ed in Corrie right now - an offender who's sorry for their crimes and has changed - Emmerdale should've gave that story with Frank a chance but they didn't - Terrence has been revealed too soon but i knew it was coming soon when Betty got suspicious early on - poor writing and planning from Emmerdale (IMO!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isn't there going to be a storyline with the something to do with dr adam's past soon?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Can someone please tell me what happened in last nights' episode? I was called into work and I'm really peed off!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaliMist wrote:
    I took it to mean that the doc didn't want the police to know he had a personal relationship with Steph just incase they thought he was coaxing her to say these things.... like Alan was accusing him of.... maybe I'm wrong and he is up to something :)

I'm glad Terrence was found out but I did feel a bit cheated he left just like that... let's hope there is more to come...

I bet it won't be long before Frankenstein's monster is back in Emmerdale! :eek:
  • Options
    RoanRoan Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemmalou wrote:
    Can someone please tell me what happened in last nights' episode? I was called into work and I'm really peed off!!

Chucky(Terrance) admitted to Alan that he had abused Steph as a child. He said to Alan that he would leave if he gave him the £20k. Alan said he would not so Chucky hit him knocked him to the floor, took the cheque and Alans car and left. :mad:
  • Options
    RoanRoan Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cute chick wrote:
    I bet it won't be long before Frankenstein's monster is back in Emmerdale! :eek:

I think you are right. Chucky's parting words to the Doc were that he would come back to get him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Roan wrote:
    I think you are right. Chucky's parting words to the Doc were that he would come back to get him.
    yup but no doubt it'll probably be another empty threat! i hope its true though, could be fun to watch :D