Full Lady Gaga ARTRAVE up on YouTube.

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnhtkChv27o

in all its wonderful glory.

though i do find the parts when she shouts highly amusing, reminds me of that woman from Austin Powers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb1_UjIPCTE its uncanny

Comments

• Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful show, great performer, I watched it on the livestream too
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant
    I'll be watching this tomorrow
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad the DVD version they recorded the other week is different, that means we get two different versions of the same show :D
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this last night. I did think it really showed how bad her material was from all her albums apart from her first one. I don't think the music translates well to perofrmances at all. Also, I felt like she was completely overshadowed by the huge production. I understand that's what she's about...the performance side, but I just found the whole thing a bit cringy. At times it felt like I was watching a kids school play. I've seen most of the big females live...Rihanna, Katy, Beyonce, Taylor, Madonna to name just a few. This Lady GaGa concert makes me not want to see her live. Definitely not for me.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    I'm glad the DVD version they recorded the other week is different, that means we get two different versions of the same show :D

so there is definitely a DVD?
    I watched this last night. I did think it really showed how bad her material was from all her albums apart from her first one. I don't think the music translates well to perofrmances at all. Also, I felt like she was completely overshadowed by the huge production. I understand that's what she's about...the performance side, but I just found the whole thing a bit cringy. At times it felt like I was watching a kids school play. I've seen most of the big females live...Rihanna, Katy, Beyonce, Taylor, Madonna to name just a few. This Lady GaGa concert makes me not want to see her live. Definitely not for me.

amazing how opinions differ, i have seen Beyonce 3 times, Rihanna, Missy Elliott, Britney Spears, but gaga tops them all by a country mile, perhaps not musically, but she puts on a huge show, and she literally makes you feel a part of it. perhaps that doesnt translate as well when watching it at home.

Rihanna was like a zombie.
    Missy was great, but nothing out of the ordinary.
    Britney too was zombified (though i do love her)
    And beyonce seems to do the same god damn thing no matter what tour it is, which is why i stopped going to see her. way too predictable.
    Though i did see Destinys Child once which was just superb. Would love them to tour again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    so there is definitely a DVD?

amazing how opinions differ, i have seen Beyonce 3 times, Rihanna, Missy Elliott, Britney Spears, but gaga tops them all by a country mile, perhaps not musically, but she puts on a huge show, and she literally makes you feel a part of it. perhaps that doesnt translate as well when watching it at home.

Rihanna was like a zombie.
    Missy was great, but nothing out of the ordinary.
    Britney too was zombified (though i do love her)
    And beyonce seems to do the same god damn thing no matter what tour it is, which is why i stopped going to see her. way too predictable.
    Though i did see Destinys Child once which was just superb. Would love them to tour again.

As you say, it's amazing how opinions differ. I prefer shows/artists that are more music orientated. People like Beyonce for example put on a good show, but the focus is on her and the music and the production doesn't detract from her. Lady Gaga was all about the absolutely gigantic production. I just felt it was a bit like I was watching a school play. It was too kiddy for me. I've seen Britney live and she was another one who I thought was awful...can't understand why anyone would want to watch someone who mimes the entire show and I would never in a million years go and see her again. Depends what you like I suppose, and everyone is different.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course Lady gaga craps all over britney in terms of performances. Gaga actually dances and sings

Britney mimes and Britney's dancing has never been the same since her knee injury 10 years ago. If you watch britney on stage, she acts as if she someone has a gun to her head forcing her to perform.

Missy isn't really performer. Most hip-hop artists are not. They stand there, move around a little big but mainly sing. It's a genre that isn't about making million dollar spent performances like popstars do.

Rihanna improves with each tour. But her dancing still needs some work.

Beyonce's performances are all the same.

The best performers in the music biz today imo are Madonna, Kylie and Gaga.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course Lady gaga craps all over britney in terms of performances. Gaga actually dances and sings

Britney mimes and Britney's dancing has never been the same since her knee injury 10 years ago. If you watch britney on stage, she acts as if she someone has a gun to her head forcing her to perform.

Missy isn't really performer. Most hip-hop artists are not. They stand there, move around a little big but mainly sing. It's a genre that isn't about making million dollar spent performances like popstars do.

Rihanna improves with each tour. But her dancing still needs some work.

Beyonce's performances are all the same.

The best performers in the music biz today imo are Madonna, Kylie and Gaga.

Beyonce is a better singer than all three of these, and can dance/sing at the same time better than all three of them too. Every single tour that Beyonce has ever done has been completely different...they're not the same at all. Outside of touring, the only performances that are the same are certain songs such as Single Ladies, Crazy In Love where part of what makes the song is the dance routine and fans expect to see it. If you took away the gigantic staging and production from people like Gaga and Madonna, then you wouldn't be left with much...they couldn't just stand there on stage without any of that and sing for a couple of hours...whereas Beyonce has done this many times. When I go and see someone live, I like the music and the artist to be the main focus, not the gigantic staging and god knows what running around the stage. For me, that Lady Gaga concert was like a concert for children. But then, everyone differs. People probably don't agree with my views on Beyonce. Everyone likes different things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to see the Art Rave tour for my oh's work (he was writing a piece on it and we both got on the guest list). Since it was a Sunday night and I had nothing better to do I decided to pop along.

I can only give you my opinions on the show as a non fan. I don't hate her by any stretch of the imagination, and I have been known to tap my foot along to some of her songs.

Firstly, the first twenty minutes were utterly bonkers, but strangely quite entertaining. The set was pretty impressive and there were flowers growing everywhere and people running about with enormous eggs. It was actually far more impressive then I was expecting.

Though she went seriously downhill after that. She went on and on about bullying and being yourself, which, yes is a great message to send to young teenagers in the crowd, and one I wish more mainstream artists would adopt, when it takes up half your show and starts to take away from the entertainment value of the night it becomes an issue imo. Especially as she really, really enjoyed the sound of her own voice. I can only liken it to a cult leader addressing her followers.

There was one especially toe curling bit when she told the crowd 'you don't need an publicist or an agent to be an artist, you don't need a record contract to be an artist.' baring in mind she has all these things it made my partner and I wince. The concert went on far too long, it just became incredibly baggy and when people are looking at their watches and waiting for it to finish you know you are in trouble. The encore as well was a complete shambles, no one knew if there was even going to be one, and twenty minutes later a lot of people had left. Okay, I get it there was a rather elaborate costume change but it needed something to actually indicate she was coming back on.

Though there are some plus points, I never realised what a great voice she has. It is far better the on the radio on on TV. Gaga certainly has quite a pair of lungs on her. There is something about hearing it live that makes it seem much more impressive.

The teenage girls behind us had a whale of a time, screaming along to all the songs from her first album. I would say she has potential to be a really good live act, she just really needs to cut her show down to a better length. My boyfriend and I grew bored and restless and afterwards discussed how we would have really praised her if it was half the length it ended up being. What Gaga really needs is an editor
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    From the lead female vocalists... I've seen Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Gaga, Rihanna, Pink, Britney, Adele, Katy Perry, Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Suzanne Vega, Kylie, Girls Aloud, PCD, Gwen Steafni, Nelly Furtado, Goldfrap, Spice Girls , Alison Moyet, Nerina Pallot, Fergie (BEPs), Alicia Keys.... (to my memory - as i do love live music lol)

and to be fair some are dreadful live, some are good, some are great and 3 are goosebumps amazing...they have that special star something ..that i cant explain..they just glow and exude wow! And their shows are amazing too!