Kay Burley is now briefing against Ed Miliband to the journalists backstage!

13»

Comments

• Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Not surprising really. She was far harder on Milliband than Cameron. I think it was quite obvious.

I was half expecting her to ask for Chicken Run's autograph during the audience questions.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope I never have to see that dreadful woman again. Her voice, manner, face- lift - simply awful.
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Burley didn't even try to hide her bias: "Let's see if they're still applauding at the end"
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    She works for Sky, what do people expect. They don't want Labour in power at all. Very good.

If Sky don't want Labour in government then all they have to do is let slip the high profile Blair cabinet members name suspected of child abuse into the twittersphere, that would screw over Millibland considering how involved with the party they still are.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    You don't like Sky ? Don't subscribe.

You don't like the Daily Mail ? Don't buy it.

You don't like the BBC's left wing bias ? You still have to pay £145 a year.

That is the difference.

No. Broadcast news has a legal duty to be impartial.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it had been a BBC employee there would be ten pages on these boards screaming bloody murder about BBC bias.

The BBC takes a licence fee, does Sky?
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miliband should have stood up for himself. After all he is a HARD MAN!
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC does have bias, but repeated academic research shows it is slightly right wing. Despite what Norman Tebbit believes, and all those "hate the bbc" blogs financed by big business .......
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair if you buy any products by any companies that advertise on Sky then you are funding them whether you want to or not. It would be quite impossible to live a modern life boycotting any company that advertised on them.

Kay Burley never has nor never will be a decent journalist. She is a company shill who puts forward her bosses political views in order to get paid. The question of how many journalists actually write from their heart rather than their boss's self-interest would be interesting.
  • geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay Burley's only redeeming quality is her rather shapely derriere.
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just about to ask if anyone had a good word for the 'lady' and I see geemonkee has.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's had a right old strop on Twitter
    Very clever Tweets (surprisingly) picks up on utter Rubbish like the Guardian making comments about her Dress. But still ignores the blatant Question why almost Heckle Miliband and stand there and just let Cameron speak?

The rules on these things I believe are a lot stricter and that comment "poor mother" might be the thing that gets her in trouble.

She tried making out it was just Looney Lefties but think she seen a lot of other reporters/presenters say about her sub standard performance. Making a tweet

Sooo annoying when journalists criticise me on Twitter they don't even have courtesy to tag me in. You know who you are. I'm going for a run
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Hopefully, that's the closest Kay Burley will get to terrestrial tv.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take a look at @StanCollymore's Tweet: https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/581213382872834050?s=09

I'm glad plenty of folk picked up on it too.

He must have deleted it because I can't find any tweet that he posted from late last night about anything to do with the debate.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully, that's the closest Kay Burley will get to terrestrial tv.

Err tv-am ring any bells?
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    He must have deleted it because I can't find any tweet that he posted from late last night about anything to do with the debate.

Yep he deleted Loads.