Options

Tipping Point (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time I've watched this in a while, how are those Dream Bingo sponsor ads for this show allowed?! If the tables were turned and they had blokes "dreams" of women with big tits there would be an outrage.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    When does the series end?
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When does the series end?

The current episodes are repeats as there weren't any x2 counters in the machine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When did they switch to repeats?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Series 5 took breaks from 16 March to 27 March 2015 and 4 May to 8 May 2015.
  • Options
    CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe she (Madeleine) took the trade and threw away £2700. It was obvious she needed at least two counters in the right place to win the jackpot and the top shelf didn't have counters in the right place for her to achieve it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Charenton wrote: »
    I can't believe she (Madeleine) took the trade and threw away £2700. It was obvious she needed at least two counters in the right place to win the jackpot and the top shelf didn't have counters in the right place for her to achieve it.

Because she was a greedy B***H! She deserved to lose.

Are they on a repeat week again as there wasent any X2 counters.
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    "Who wrote the novel Far From The Madding Crowd?"

"Contestants answer: Jilly Cooper!"

https://twitter.com/gowercottage/status/296650189480009728

A 2013 repeat? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where do they find these contestants? Little general knowledge and they all dropped the counters far too late.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Avidian wrote: »
    "Who wrote the novel Far From The Madding Crowd?"

"Contestants answer: Jilly Cooper!"

https://twitter.com/gowercottage/status/296650189480009728

A 2013 repeat? :eek:

Yeah why do we have another week of repeats?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was busy today and only saw the finalist being offered the trade for £2950. The jackpot counter was level with the front edge and hard against the left side in section 1. He refused the trade and, as usual, Ben said "let's see what you would have done" or whatever he does say. We then saw Ben actually press the release button for the first counter, not the contestant. We didn't see who pressed the second time but the jackpot counter tipped over the edge.

Of course Ben said you should have gambled. Of course that's rubbish if he didn't actually release the counters himself, anything could have happened if he had.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was busy today and only saw the finalist being offered the trade for £2950. The jackpot counter was level with the front edge and hard against the left side in section 1. He refused the trade and, as usual, Ben said "let's see what you would have done" or whatever he does say. We then saw Ben actually press the release button for the first counter, not the contestant. We didn't see who pressed the second time but the jackpot counter tipped over the edge.

Of course Ben said you should have gambled. Of course that's rubbish if he didn't actually release the counters himself, anything could have happened if he had.

These counters and board are fixed so I think he did know that the guy would have won if he chose to gamble.
  • Options
    Forum Member

He probably wouldnt have won if he had gambled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He probably wouldnt have won if he had gambled.

I would have to agree with that but the question is, who releases the counters in this situation?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have to agree with that but the question is, who releases the counters in this situation?

The contestant does if they choose to gamble.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The contestant does if they choose to gamble.

Not today he didn't. You could see Ben release the first counter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not today he didn't. You could see Ben release the first counter.

But the contestant didn't gamble.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the contestant didn't gamble.

I agree he didn't gamble. Ben did his usual let's see what would have happened if you had gambled. The final three counters were dropped and you clearly saw that Ben released the first counter. You didn't see who released the second and third counter but whoever it was wouldn't have won had they gambled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hopefully we will see the new series back rather than these repeated ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The finalist today didn't gamble either and Ben was shown releasing the counters to see what "would have happened". Of course Ben released them at exactly the same time as the contestant would have done, not!

They must think the viewers are stupid. On second thoughts maybe we are for watching it.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    The finalist today didn't gamble either and Ben was shown releasing the counters to see what "would have happened". Of course Ben released them at exactly the same time as the contestant would have done, not!

They must think the viewers are stupid. On second thoughts maybe we are for watching it.

I remember that woman from last time. Her voice drove me mad so turned off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why are we getting repeats for a third week in a row? All other breaks have been two weeks. Cant they at least finish the series then put repeats in.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor finalist today :(
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    Poor finalist today :(

I can recall seeing him when this first aired but could not remember how badly he did.
    Likeable young guy though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can recall seeing him when this first aired but could not remember how badly he did.
    Likeable young guy though.

I think the guy, Scott, who got knocked out in the third round, thanks to his awful late releasing of the the counters, would have done better in the final in the last round than the young guy did. He only mustered £1500 in four rounds.
This discussion has been closed.