Options

who would you throw down pop's great dumper ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
Forum Member
✭✭
There are quite a few acts that i'd chuck in pop's dumper. Top of my list would be Toyah.
I never understood the appeal of that woman.

Comments

• Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you going for a whole page of threads started by yourself?
    Toyah was great in the early days.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Toyah already down the dumper? I've heard her name but I don't remember a single song by her.
    I thought you meant current acts that are successful that should be sent down the dumper. I really don't care for Azealia Banks.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    Are you going for a whole page of threads started by yourself?
    Toyah was great in the early days.

She really wasn't. Its a mythtery to me how she made a living!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Isn't Toyah already down the dumper? I've heard her name but I don't remember a single song by her.
    I thought you meant current acts that are successful that should be sent down the dumper. I really don't care for Azealia Banks.

Firstly - lucky you! Ok from the current crop i'd drop Miley Cyrus.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Rita Ora
    Miley Cyrus
    Little Mix
    Justin Bieber
    Ariana Grande
    Jessie J
    Iggy Azealia
    Azealia Banks

Bring back Lady Gaga!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita Ora
    Miley Cyrus
    Little Mix
    Justin Bieber
    Ariana Grande
    Jessie J
    Iggy Azealia
    Azealia Banks

Bring back Lady Gaga!

I agree with those except for Miley. I know people don't like the sexual stuff she does, but I think Wrecking Ball is a great song. She actually has an interesting tone to her voice.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beiber-tosser
    Gaga-totally up herself
    Rita Ora-see Gaga
    1d- so bored of them now & the hype was undeserved
    Sam smith-don't dislike the guy but wildly over exposed. Same with ed Sheeran (but I believe he's really talented so he gets spared)
    olly Murs -grinning monkey, soulless inane music.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are quite a few acts that i'd chuck in pop's dumper. Top of my list would be Toyah.
    Hello?? Is it 1982 calling??
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one.

I don't like a lot of popular music but who am I to get judgmental about who should or should not be making music?
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,472
    Forum Member
    Rita Ora
    Miley Cyrus
    Little Mix
    Justin Bieber
    Ariana Grande
    Jessie J
    Iggy Azealia
    Azealia Banks

Bring back Lady Gaga!

I would though all of these down the dumper. Ariana Grande could have been great but something went wrong.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita Ora
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Beiber - Little w----r
    Miley Cyprus - Dirty slapper
    Taylor Swift - slag
    Ariana Grande/Demi Lovatao - Annoying Yanks
    1D - bugger off
    Beyonce - media ****.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary Barlow. I can only hope it is a long and painful fall ;)
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil_N wrote: »
    Beiber - Little w----r
    Miley Cyprus - Dirty slapper
    Taylor Swift - slag
    Ariana Grande/Demi Lovatao - Annoying Yanks
    1D - bugger off
    Beyonce - media ****.

FFS! Seriously?? I didn't know a woman had to feel ashamed of having been in more than one relationships!

I suppose you like your women kept inside and dressed in a manner that would not attract the gaze of men. :( >:(
  • Options
    speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gary barlow,
    he has already been down the dumper once but for some reason he managed to get out,he needs to go back in forever and take his nauseating mediocre songwriting skills with him.
  • Options
    chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele
    Ed Sheeran
    Bruno Mars
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll do the world a favour ? Kanye West.
  • Options
    Cpt James KirkCpt James Kirk Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Kanye West for me too.

Followed by

Dustbin Beaver

Miley Cyrus.

Nicky Minge

Cheryl Fernandez Versini.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A predictable choice for me, but Madonna.

She hasn’t done anything important, noteworthy or innovative for years. She's spent the last ten years releasing dated, camp and generic dance music that teenagers and people in their early 20s continue to ignore. When will get it that most people that age don't care about her? It's comical how many younger artists she has teamed up with over the last ten years. And need I mention her cringeworthy performances with Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift. Her music has zero longevity in any of the major music markets around the world. Rebel Heart has already dropped out of Billboard 200 after ten weeks and is currently sitting at #75 in the UK. There's no denying the leak harmed sales, but MDNA had no longevity despite not leaking prior to release in 2012.

She’s a nostalgic act living on past glories. She’s an aging 1980s pop star who hasn’t had a hit for a long time. The majority of the people who still buy her music are middle age gay men with questionable taste, a fondness for anything camp and bitchy and a desire to relive their youth. She should just go out on a hits tour, that's what people want, why else are ticket sales slow for her upcoming tour? Casual fans want the classic songs, not the new stuff.

Just my opinion, of course.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    One Direction
    Dustbin Beaver
    Miley Cyrus
    Nicki Minaj
    Gary Barlow
    Celine Dion
    Ed Sheeran
    Adele
    Jessie J
    Beyonce (even though I like some of her singles and her last album, I find her very annoying as a person)
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a mystery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gary barlow,
    he has already been down the dumper once but for some reason he managed to get out,he needs to go back in forever and take his nauseating mediocre songwriting skills with him.

LOL .. his appeal is somewhat bewildering. Though I did like the song he recorded with Agnetha Falskog
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think anyone whose celebrity status is beyond their success, like nicki minaj
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha Dustbin Beaver has been quiet lately
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quixotic wrote: »
    A predictable choice for me, but Madonna.

She hasn’t done anything important, noteworthy or innovative for years. She's spent the last ten years releasing dated, camp and generic dance music that teenagers and people in their early 20s continue to ignore. When will get it that most people that age don't care about her? It's comical how many younger artists she has teamed up with over the last ten years. And need I mention her cringeworthy performances with Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift. Her music has zero longevity in any of the major music markets around the world. Rebel Heart has already dropped out of Billboard 200 after ten weeks and is currently sitting at #75 in the UK. There's no denying the leak harmed sales, but MDNA had no longevity despite not leaking prior to release in 2012.

She’s a nostalgic act living on past glories. She’s an aging 1980s pop star who hasn’t had a hit for a long time. The majority of the people who still buy her music are middle age gay men with questionable taste, a fondness for anything camp and bitchy and a desire to relive their youth. She should just go out on a hits tour, that's what people want, why else are ticket sales slow for her upcoming tour? Casual fans want the classic songs, not the new stuff.

Just my opinion, of course.

I get that some people don't like her most recent music, but Madonna is not just an 80's pop star. Some of her biggest hits were in the 90's. Also what you say is contradictory. On the one hand, you say she is living on past glories like that's a bad thing, but then you want her to do just that by just doing a hits tour. When in reality she does make an effort to record new stuff whether or not it's ultra-successful and doesn't do Here and Now tours or something.
    And I don't understand the stereotyping of her fans which verges on homophobic. Many of her biggest fans are women.