Twin Peaks!

Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ive never seen this show, but apperently the channel horror are going to show the series and movie so just heads up for people who want to watch it.

Comments

• Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    A date would be useful.

It's on my "to watch" list.
  • Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry all the adverts on the channel are saying is this Autumn. So just keep a eye on the schelde for the channel.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's interesting to know, but then i've got it on DVD anyway :)
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    I know they have advertised the film "Fire Walk With Me", but I haven't seen the TV series advertised. Are you sure they are going to show the series? Also does anyone have a date for when they are going to show Fire Walk With Me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    I know they have advertised the film "Fire Walk With Me", but I haven't seen the TV series advertised. Are you sure they are going to show the series? Also does anyone have a date for when they are going to show Fire Walk With Me?

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/broadcasters/horror-channel-prepare-lynch-season/5017362.article

According to this it starts in Novemeber, and their showing the film and the tv show
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leatherface!! - If you've never watched the TV series then don't watch the film first as it will spoil the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    Leatherface!! - If you've never watched the TV series then don't watch the film first as it will spoil the series.

Nah I was going to watch the tv show first anyway as I read that the movie is a prequal so no point watching that first.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    What number is the Horror Channel on Sky?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    What number is the Horror Channel on Sky?

319. 149 on Virgin. 138 on Freesat

The Horror Channel is showing some great stuff at the moment. Fulci, Argento and some modern UK horror.

I won't be watching Twin Peaks, though. I have the special edition box set and Fire Walk With Me on DVD. I've just ordered FWWM on blu from France. I love David Lynch.
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's been on TV over here since the old Bravo channel in the mid nineties ('96?).
    Forum Member
    No it was on SciFi(now SyFy) in 1999. In 2001 the first season got shown on Channel 5.
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »

Okay thank you for the reply, Leatherface. I would also recommend that you don't watch the film before the TV series. It gives away a lot of spoilers from the TV series. Plus you won't understand it!!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twin Peaks was originally shown on BBC2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Okay thank you for the reply, Leatherface. I would also recommend that you don't watch the film before the TV series. It gives away a lot of spoilers from the TV series. Plus you won't understand it!!

Disclaimer: watching the TV series may not lead to a full understanding of Fire Walk With Me. To be fair, watching the series is unlikely to lead to understanding of the series.

Some of the very best television ever made though. I'm jealous of anyone getting to experience it fior the first time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I'm currently enjoying watching season 2 again
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pavster wrote: »
    Disclaimer: watching the TV series may not lead to a full understanding of Fire Walk With Me. To be fair, watching the series is unlikely to lead to understanding of the series.

Some of the very best television ever made though. I'm jealous of anyone getting to experience it fior the first time.
    It's also worth mentioning that anyone who wants to experience the series for the first time should not watch Fire Walk With Me first. The prequel will spoil the main mystery of the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the picture... Ill watch the tv series first then the film!
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pavster wrote: »

Ain't that the truth :D

Loved this when I watched it first time round - must be 20 years ago?
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I wonder when Fire Walk With Me will be shown? I haven't seen that for many years. Started watching season 1 on DVD last night again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A week to go untill it starts cant wait now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also worth mentioning that anyone who wants to experience the series for the first time should not watch Fire Walk With Me first. The prequel will spoil the main mystery of the series.

absolutely !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their showing the movie tonight on the channel so Im hoping they show it after the series has run its course as well. If not, it will be like 3 pound on dvd
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange that they are showing Fire Walk With Me first, although it does work chronologically, it did come after the series and would spoil the main mystery for those that haven't seen the TV series.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Redmond wrote: »
    Strange that they are showing Fire Walk With Me first, although it does work chronologically, it did come after the series and would spoil the main mystery for those that haven't seen the TV series.

True, if nobody's seen it I'd strongly advise against watching the film first. The reveal in the series is just too epic to have it ruined.