Time for a new COD thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will you buy the next COD game?
Nearly all the Black Ops chatter on the forums I read up until release day had nothing but high expectations and praise for the forthcoming game, how the mighty have fallen.

Of course nobody could have forseen the problems that now lay seige to the PS3 version (also to a lesser extent, 360 version).

The question must be asked, WHAT HAS GONE SO WRONG WITH THE ONLINE IN BLACK OPS?

The COD series has being going strong since COD 4, none of which have had problems to this extent. How could Treyarch mess up with Black Ops? It doesn't make sense at all.

It is deliberate? Because they want to charge.

The gaming community is powerless to do anything about it, hell, gamers can't get on with each other on different consoles, let alone organise a mass boycott of this scam of a game.

What do you thing should be done?

Comments

• LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably won't be buying any more on release day, just traded in BO for AC: Brotherhood.

After hitting max level I don't see the point in losing all the hard work just to do it again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    Probably won't be buying any more on release day, just traded in BO for AC: Brotherhood.

After hitting max level I don't see the point in losing all the hard work just to do it again.

Same here I would say, leave it a month or 2, keep an eye on the forums. Let all the sheep beta test the sodding game, then buy if its any good.
  • SegaGodSegaGod Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i not played black ops for a few weeks because of the connection problems. is it still playing up then?
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    SegaGod wrote: »
    i not played black ops for a few weeks because of the connection problems. is it still playing up then?

Playing up, in the last couple of days it has been getting worse;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Yes, i will be buying the next COD, but it'll probably be taking a back seat next year due to the likes of Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, Elder Scrolls V, Forza 4, and whatever else gets announced for a November release next year (assuming that they all don't get delayed until Q1 2012 due to fear of COD...).
  • SegaGodSegaGod Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing up, in the last couple of days it has been getting worse;)

thats a shame. the game was great first few weeks. i hope treyach sort it soon
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will buy another COD game.

However, i will never be excited as i once was about the product. Its been ruined.

I'll always have the fond memories of MW2's heyday though. That was some fun shit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the same with Modern Warfare 2 everybody hyped it up then majority of people hated it. I don't think I'll buy the next COD, esp not on release day, there's too many other and better games out next year.
    Forum Member
    It was the same with Modern Warfare 2 everybody hyped it up then majority of people hated it. I don't think I'll buy the next COD, esp not on release day, there's too many other and better games out next year.

It's not a majority though, as the sheer number of people still playing MW2 and BO can attest to. If anything, it's a minority of internet forum posters who don't like it (quite a few of which i'm betting are just hating on it because it's perversely seen as "cool" to hate on popular things). If it was a "majority" of players then it wouldn't still be the most played online game on Live and PSN. The people who still enjoy COD greatly out number the ones who now dislike it, it's just that the latter have a loud internet voice that creates the illusion that "everybody" hates it.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure yet if I will buy into the next COD or not. Problems aside, I think the next COD has a LOT to live up to in terms of gaming modes and challenges after Black Ops. A straight up standard modes for online cobbled with a lacklustre solo campaign wont cut the mustard.

It'll still sell by the bucket load though whatever they do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aint the next one set in space? Might as well just play borezone :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    It's not a majority though, as the sheer number of people still playing MW2 and BO can attest to. If anything, it's a minority of internet forum posters who don't like it (quite a few of which i'm betting are just hating on it because it's perversely seen as "cool" to hate on popular things). If it was a "majority" of players then it wouldn't still be the most played online game on Live and PSN. The people who still enjoy COD greatly out number the ones who now dislike it, it's just that the latter have a loud internet voice that creates the illusion that "everybody" hates it.

Well I've only met one person who actually likes MW2 and it gets ripped to bits on this forum and others I read. Also not one person on either my Xbox 360 or PSN friends list has played it in ages yet most people where still playing COD4 a good 18 months after release.

I think the thing that ruined MW2 (imo) is the killstreaks esp the nuke. The maps were horrible too (again imo) most were camp or snipe fests.

I think whether people love COD or hate it (whatever incarnation) its needs an overhaul and not just the same old recycled gme with different maps year after year.
    Forum Member
    Well I've only met one person who actually likes MW2 and it gets ripped to bits on this forum and others I read. Also not one person on either my Xbox 360 or PSN friends list has played it in ages yet most people where still playing COD4 a good 18 months after release.

Most of the people on my friends list are playng BO as i write this. Obviously MW2 has now been overtaken by BO, but as someone who hasn't got BO yet and still plays MW2 from time to time i can say that there is still a hell of a lot of people playing it on Live, more so than the average forum user would have you believe with nonsensical blabbering about it being "the worst game ever!!!" and screams of "nobody plays it anymore!! COD's for losers!!" (and by the way, i'm NOT aiming that at you Snake, just so you dont get offended).

I imagine that COD4 still has a fair few people playing it mainly because it hasn't been as badly hacked as the later games. That and the cocky 12 year olds have moved onto the new shiny version of COD making it more pleasant to play for the enthusiasts. To be honest, MW2 has improved in that regard since BO came out, i can't actually remember the last time i was told to "go have some tea and crumpets you gay motherf*cker!" by someone with a high pitched Justin Bieber esque voice! lol.
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    I think you realise 'problems' with a game when you play it for 60 hours or more.

I'm having a lot of fun on Black Ops with my mates and it's the best one so far in my opinion.

I will probably buy next year's one because it's the biggest online game on the consoles and all my mates play it. Obviously if a worthy challenger comes out and it's better, I may not buy next year's one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tommyd1258 wrote: »
    I think you realise 'problems' with a game when you play it for 60 hours or more.

I'm having a lot of fun on Black Ops with my mates and it's the best one so far in my opinion.

I will probably buy next year's one because it's the biggest online game on the consoles and all my mates play it. Obviously if a worthy challenger comes out and it's better, I may not buy next year's one.

You have the benefit of a 360 though where host migration works most of the time, connection interruptions are minimal and the game isn't AS broken.
    Forum Member
    CSI-uk wrote: »
    You have the benefit of a 360 though where host migration works most of the time, connection interruptions are minimal and the game isn't AS broken.

Surely Treyarch are working on this? I can't imagine that it's good from a publicity angle for Activision if the game is noticeably broken on one console and not the other, especially with a release this big.
  • Roge8014Roge8014 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    The next CoD title definately won't be a day one purchase for me now. I've already mentally put aside my £40 / £45 for Uncharted 3.

MW2 was (and still is) undeniably popular. Someone on the EA Battlefield forum posted the X Box Live stats and both BO and MW2 is still played in huge volumes.

For me, I think I'll defect to the Battlefield series. Whilst not as easy to pick up and play, it's stable and more often than not the servers are working.

I'd go back to CoD4 but none of my friends play it anymore nor seem to want to "go backwards" ( as they see it ).

I'm a social player and BO has not yet delivered, I'm now doubting it ever will - shame because I actually like BO.

CoD should now go XBox exclusive - the contempt that Activision seem to have for Playstation is all too evident ( to me ).

I'll be waiting for the Battlefield 3 beta with great interest.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tommyd1258 wrote: »

plus one on that, on pure gameplay/modes to play.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right now one of the big problems with games coming out from activision, is this microsoft deal

It should be scrapped, and microsoft should be fined, for what ever reason the courts can find

When a game is developed, for each platform there should be developers just forthat platform, but all following the same game play

We would have a better game if microsoft wern't calling the shots, like cancelling Double xp becuase microsoft not ready ??
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    When a game is developed, for each platform there should be developers just forthat platform, but all following the same game play

That is exactly what happens. There will have been seperate divisions within Treyarch working on the different console versions of the game. I'm sure that they didn't intentionally gimp the PS3 version because of a deal with MS.
  • CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    That is exactly what happens. There will have been seperate divisions within Treyarch working on the different console versions of the game. I'm sure that they didn't intentionally gimp the PS3 version because of a deal with MS.

I don't think it was to appease MS, it was to make their lives easier, they quite obviously spend less time porting from xbox for PS3 and PC versions.

I love the game when it works but that just makes the buggy multiplayer sting all the more(on ps3 at least).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't been on since the patch and to be honest I'm not in a hurry to play it any time soon either.

It's not that I think it's bad or because of all the connection probs but I just don't get that urge like I have with other games. MW2 was possibly the best example of this for me.... all I wanted to play was MW2 even when I got new games.

I played it pretty solid until about 3 weeks before BO was released which is a full year. How many games can hold your attention for that long? Yes it had problems but the majority of the problems are people related and you will get this in any game. But BO just doesn't make me want to play it so for me I think MW2 is better and I've been playing that over the last few weeks instead of BO.

Having said all that, I'll be interested in the next one though I don't get dragged in by the hype like many people on here seem to and I won't just buy it regardless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSI-uk wrote: »

Quoted from truth!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Anybody care to explain whats wrong with the ps3 version? I assume this is from the 1.04 patch
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a thread around here and the last 20 pages or so are dominated with what problems people have.