Options

Odd Tv Problem (or is it) ?

GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Noticed my Samsung UE40ES6710 Tv's blacklight coming on, when the Tv is switched off.

Woke up about half 3 in the morning, and noticed the room was bright, as my Tv's backlight had come on (no picture/sound, just the backlight), then about a minute (or less) later, the Tv just made the clicking sound you get when you switch it off with the light blinking (which also happened), before the backlight went off again.

Is this a problem, or could it be something to do with the Tv checking for updates (OTA), as i noticed the same thing a couple of days ago, also at around the same time in the morning, on that occasion though, i was still half asleep, so thought id just left the Tv on, so just switched it on, then back off :p

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found it is normal (its the standby updating), so its not buggered, or possessed! :D
  • Options
    webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised you can notice a BLACKlight coming on! :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    webbie wrote: »
    I'm surprised you can notice a BLACKlight coming on! :):)

Haha, just noticed that, oops :p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    StilianStilian Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I was kind of scared when I first noticed my Bravia KDL-32EX650 turn itslef on during the night but than I saw it is updating... damn smart TVs :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Hi Folks

Does that mean that if I switch my smart tv off at the wall overnight I will not get any updates ?

Max
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Skylon wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Does that mean that if I switch my smart tv off at the wall overnight I will not get any updates ?

Max

Yes it does, its best to leave on standby, so if theres any Freeview/Freesat updates etc..., they can automatically be updated in the early hrs of the morning, and welcome to DS Max :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Thanks
  • Options
    StilianStilian Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    You can also check if there is an option to turn automatic updates off, but unfortunately some TVs don't have this option, not that it is a big deal though.