New laptop; new itunes

sabreuk1975sabreuk1975 Posts: 318
Forum Member
Hello;

I have a new laptop and therefore new iTunes; how on earth is it possible to get everything from the iPhone on to the new library - baring in mind not all music was bought on iTunes?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a piece of software called CopyTrans that costs about £13. Look it up using your search engine.

It copies everything from your iPod (or iPhone) to the new laptop. Do not connect your iPod to the new machine until you have all your music transferred across, or you have installed CopyTrans.

I think it is a very valuable piece of software and, without it, I would have lost all my music library.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder why people bother to ask for help and, having been given advice, they never reply. I was prepared to offer the OP free use of my software but he/she went absent.

Had the OP replied with a thankful note then he/she would be better off for their courtesy.

Tough luck, mate, you had your chance. :S
  • chiller15chiller15 Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sirpipe wrote: »
    There is a piece of software called CopyTrans that costs about £13. Look it up using your search engine.

It copies everything from your iPod (or iPhone) to the new laptop. Do not connect your iPod to the new machine until you have all your music transferred across, or you have installed CopyTrans.

I think it is a very valuable piece of software and, without it, I would have lost all my music library.
    That statement has gotten me a bit confused.

To transfer the music off the iPod to the new machine, you have to connect it to the new machine and use CopyTrans. But you said don't connect it until it's transferred. It has to connected to transfer. :S
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could just move the stuff off the old laptop on to the new one?
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could just move the stuff off the old laptop on to the new one?

That's what I was thinking too. Unless the old computer is no longer available for some reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chiller15 wrote: »
    That statement has gotten me a bit confused.

To transfer the music off the iPod to the new machine, you have to connect it to the new machine and use CopyTrans. But you said don't connect it until it's transferred. It has to connected to transfer. :S

CopyTrans tells you when to attach the iPod and then copies everything off it to your computer. When this is completed it starts iTunes and it works perfectly.
  • sabreuk1975sabreuk1975 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    sirpipe wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder why people bother to ask for help and, having been given advice, they never reply. I was prepared to offer the OP free use of my software but he/she went absent.

Had the OP replied with a thankful note then he/she would be better off for their courtesy.

Tough luck, mate, you had your chance. :S

Thank you for your comments; I fell quiet for a very good and valid reason of which is not really relevant here.