Options

Adding Hard drive to a Xbox 360 Slim

GageGage Posts: 1,253
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm thinking of purchasing the TRIXES Black HDD Hard Disk Drive Case

link below

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRIXES-Black-Hard-Disk-Drive/dp/B004UR7OS0

Am I right in thinking I can use my laptop's 2.5 sata drive (250gb) and put it in and work fine on live without being banned?

Comments

• Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    You need to follow a guide to make it work with Xbox 360 It will not just work when you put it. No you will not get banned; why would MS ban you potentially losing them more profit from xbox live. I've been using none official HDD's for years now.

Also you don't even need a case they just slide in anyway the case is really just pointless.

now the only HDD's sizes that work ( if you use bigger drive it will only show space of bin file you used )

20gb
    120gb
    250gb
    320gb
  • Options
    GageGage Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have a 250gb drive so that should work then

I did see a YouTube video of someone just slotting it in, but I didn't like that idea as the drive isn't properly secured (just imagine the sightless glitch or knock) but some suggest adding blu tac and foam around the drive, but I'd rather just get the case, its only a fiver.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used my old 360 Hard drive in my new slim by using a case like the one above. Had to break the old 360 memory case open. (You wont have to do that). Then all I did was put Hard Drive into case and slot into slim. Easy.

Also you will get it for that price on ebay
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only specific Western Digital Bevs drives will work and you will need to run a utility to write a custom security sector onto it. It's not just plug an play with any old hard drive.