Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how long Piers will stand getting up at 3 a.m. I suspect he has a ''get out'' clause in his contract because it will be a long haul to make any significant difference.And strangely he was quoted last week as saying Sky News Sunrise was the competition they were aiming at:o
  • simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Average for first 4 days this week is 620k
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't watched the show, I'll admit, has it regular IACGMOH updates? If so how did it do last year with them?

Surely that's why Morgan started this week,so he could boast about a big boost from last week.
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Ranvir now stopped newsreading on Thu & Fri?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Ranvir now stopped newsreading on Thu & Fri?

Ranvir was in Paris Thursday and Friday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Piers in the Mail on Sunday he only expects to be on GMB for six months.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    According to Piers in the Mail on Sunday he only expects to be on GMB for six months.

Saying that very tongue in cheek I'd imagine.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So that takes him to when ITV have committed to GMB then?

I'm really surprised they have taken him on, because apart from John Stapleton, he's the only true blokey type man that ITV Breakfast have had since Eamonn Holmes left. He seems to go against the grain of what ITV Daytime is about.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »
    So that takes him to when ITV have committed to GMB then?

I'm really surprised they have taken him on, because apart from John Stapleton, he's the only true blokey type man that ITV Breakfast have had since Eamonn Holmes left. He seems to go against the grain of what ITV Daytime is about.

It is probably based on the US statistics from Radio, that people who HATE Howard Stern will listen to his show for longer per day than people who say they like him.

Unfortunately for ITV executives, the vast majority of the UK population who hate Piers Morgan are NOT going to tune in to watch him on TV.
    Unless he was maybe reporting live from an Ebola infected area, or Live from Al-Raqqah the ISIS capital.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    It is probably based on the US statistics from Radio, that people who HATE Howard Stern will listen to his show for longer per day than people who say they like him.

Unfortunately for ITV executives, the vast majority of the UK population who hate Piers Morgan are NOT going to tune in to watch him on TV.
    Unless he was maybe reporting live from an Ebola infected area, or Live from Al-Raqqah the ISIS capital.

Isus In The Morning (aka Anus In The Morning) was popular over there I believe, although he made some very controversial comments at times. Take no hostages sort of host.:D

That's the thing with GMB, there's nothing there for the average viewer to tune in for. It offers nothing special.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the figures consistently remain above 600k Piers well be there longer than 6 months,just shows GMB is presenter driven not content,which is the problem.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Isus In The Morning (aka Anus In The Morning) was popular over there I believe, although he made some very controversial comments at times. Take no hostages sort of host.:D

That's the thing with GMB, there's nothing there for the average viewer to tune in for. It offers nothing special.
    If the figures consistently remain above 600k Piers well be there longer than 6 months,just shows GMB is presenter driven not content,which is the problem.

The one constant in all of the stories I've read about Daybreak with Adrian & Christine, the relaunched Daybreak with Aled & Lorraine, Good Morning Britain and the new Good Morning Britain with Piers Morgan is BBC Breakfast 1.5m.

GMB just needs to forget about BBC Breakfast and look at look at growing their own audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piers is after sunrise,which makes no sense as GMB would have higher figures without Piers,content GMB win/ lose depending what you want at breakfast?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piers is after sunrise,which makes no sense as GMB would have higher figures without Piers,content GMB win/ lose depending what you want at breakfast?

None of the three players in Breakfast here in the UK offer what I want.

America has many good breakfast shows. The UK ones are just drab.
  • Aaron_2015Aaron_2015 Posts: 3,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from news and weather, I can't really see what else you'd want early in the morning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    The one constant in all of the stories I've read about Daybreak with Adrian & Christine, the relaunched Daybreak with Aled & Lorraine, Good Morning Britain and the new Good Morning Britain with Piers Morgan is BBC Breakfast 1.5m.

GMB just needs to forget about BBC Breakfast and look at look at growing their own audience.

Bizarrely Chiles appeared on BBC Breakfast this morning doing a story about motorbikes and was billed as a Radio 5 presenter.
    BBC Breakfast tends to average about 1.6 million.
    Piers said recently he regarded Sky News Sunrise as the competition
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    turned TV on this morning and it was set to ITV. I thought I'd tuned in to a madhouse. Shrieky Susannah in her skin tight dress was on flicking her hair about. Putty nose Richard Arnold was modelling a hand knitted Xmas jumper which was too small and they had the jolly hockey sticks Kirstie Allsopp discussing handmade gifts.

Shouting over them all was Piers Morgan ... It was just a waste of time putting that on because Piers shouted over Susannah, she interrupted Kirstie, RA tried to get a word in. It was just hideous. Why can't they allow one person to speak at a time. It's all "me me me".

Kirstie had this grotesque heavily patterned shirt waister dress which she said someone had made for her .... Presumably because you just couldn't buy a dress like that in the stores. I mean WHO apart from her wears a shirt waister?

Kirstie showed two Xmas stockings trimmed with fake fur and she claimed to have made one of them. Honestly, why bother you can get them in any of the Poundstores and save yourself a lot of bother.

Wasn't a pleasant start to the day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it law that anytime Lorraine celebrates a birthday you have to wear a kilt?
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is either a really great gag or a spectacularly stupid comment. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is either a really great gag or a spectacularly stupid comment. :D

Lorraine never fails to remind us of her birthday either on air or in the column she writes for The Sun, where several pictures of her appear every week. Piers is modest by comparison:D
  • kelvokelvo Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is St Andrews day as well...
  • southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still finding it really strange that the two main presenters only read the top news story then hand over to the news reader to read the rest. Why? Do they really need a third person?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    southlad wrote: »
    I'm still finding it really strange that the two main presenters only read the top news story then hand over to the news reader to read the rest. Why? Do they really need a third person?

The BBC format is much better with the two presenters sharing the news and bringing in sport and weather where necessary.GMB seem to have an extraordinary number of people in the studio for a relatively simple programme.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the Christmas Trees will be there by the morning
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC format is much better with the two presenters sharing the news and bringing in sport and weather where necessary.GMB seem to have an extraordinary number of people in the studio for a relatively simple programme.[/QU

Sunrise is the same,just don't have local news,weather and travel