Options

Peter Kay's Car Share (iPlayer - All Episode Discussion + Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isnt the idea of car sharing to have two people with cars so it cuts down on two people driving ? Does she have a car ? Should'nt they take turns driving and car share the car share, so to speak.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    BBC 1 are showing the entire series again on terrestrial TV, starting with Episode 1 tonight at 9.30pm.

In view of this, it does make me wonder about the timing of the release of the Car Share DVD. Viewers can just record the series from TV and make their own DVD!

Because the DVD will be a £9.99 impulse purchase as a Xmas present for someone they hate.
    pete137 wrote: »
    Isnt the idea of car sharing to have two people with cars so it cuts down on two people driving ? Does she have a car ? Should'nt they take turns driving and car share the car share, so to speak.

He picks her up on his way, so it's best he drives to her. As for why she doesn't drive, if I was car sharing, only I would be driving. They share petrol costs etc so that would be enough. However, I wouldn't want to car share either.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Because the DVD will be a £9.99 impulse purchase as a Xmas present for someone they hate.

So, you don't Peter Kay? That's the vague impression I'm getting...
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    bart4858 wrote: »
    So, you don't Peter Kay? That's the vague impression I'm getting...

Bleedin obsessed or something, dislikes Kay but keeps coming back this thread again and again.
    I think the FM likes/wants attention, negative or positive.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    I forgot how funny this was. Enjoying it being repeated.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Was this not filmed for just one week of driving? Maybe one week on one week off.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I forgot how funny this was. Enjoying it being repeated.

Just a shame we are not getting a Christmas special. I think it would have been ideal in the 10pm Christmas Day slot. Maybe next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Just a shame we are not getting a Christmas special. I think it would have been ideal in the 10pm Christmas Day slot. Maybe next year.

Very sad as it looks like there is not much on tv to get excited about again this year :(
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D He's basically just saving her a bus pass.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched it again as well.........and enjoyed it again !
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also about people who have spare seats in their car offering lifts to fellow commuters.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »

I think the BBC massively underestimated it's success, to be honest.

As Peter's character, John Redmond, was put in charge of the shop's Christmas and Kayleigh repeatedly says how much she loves Christmas one, or more, episodes in December would have made a lot of sense to cash in on its popularity.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As Peter's character, John Redmond, was put in charge of the shop's Christmas and Kayleigh repeatedly says how much she loves Christmas one, or more, episodes in December would have made a lot of sense to cash in on its popularity.

It did seem they were massively setting up for a Christmas special, but maybe the actors made other commitments before anything firmed up?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I think it was written with a christmas special as the next step, However the BBC held onto it and moved it around so much that everyone involved probably got booked up before the BBC realised a christmas special was a good idea
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    I think it was written with a christmas special as the next step, However the BBC held onto it and moved it around so much that everyone involved probably got booked up before the BBC realised a christmas special was a good idea

I get the feeling that might well be what happened.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This completely passed me by when originally screened but I watched episode 1 on iPlayer last night, more out of curiosity than anything, and it's brilliant! Definitely be watching the repeated series on Friday nights. :)

I agree that the BBC missed a trick not getting a Christmas special made, it seemed a no brainer to me after watching just one episode.
  • Options
    vernallvernall Posts: 370
    Forum Member

I agree,why would the BBC want to put something of any good on for us on Xmas Day........they will just churn out the same old Strictly rubbish,about 3 hours of Eastenders with someone dying no doubt
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    vernall wrote: »
    I agree,why would the BBC want to put something of any good on for us on Xmas Day........they will just churn out the same old Strictly rubbish,about 3 hours of Eastenders with someone dying no doubt

Yup can't have the BBC 'broadcasting' stuff that you don't like can we, it's a broadcaster.
    East Enders has it's Christmas 'spectacular' or whatever you'd call it, and people tune in, in greater numbers for it.
    I don't watch East Enders or Strictly, but I live on my own so I'm not somehow forced to watch stuff I don't like.

Right, there's no Christmas special, there's little point in random speculation when people actually know nothing about what has or hasn't happened behind the scenes.
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Kay confirms Car Share will be back for a Second series & explains why there isn't a Christmas Special http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03bmj6j
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    Peter Kay confirms Car Share will be back for a Second series & explains why there isn't a Christmas Special http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03bmj6j

I wish he'd just tell us when they'll be filming, why cant he just get to t'point?
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »
    I wish he'd just tell us when they'll be filming, why cant he just get to t'point?

He did, he said they plan to film a new series next summer when the nights get longer so they can do the filming
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    He did, he said they plan to film a new series next summer when the nights get longer so they can do the filming

Are you sure? I didn't hear anything about that at all. ;-)
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure no Christmas special because it's dark during commuting time is a valid reason.

They could script that they are coming in late, maybe following the Christmas party, and hence film it in daylight.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »

Aww fantastic news to hear that. Series two is already written and ready to roll !!! Of course it makes sense when you hear why they are not doing a Christmas special. They could hardly be filming in the dark with daylight gone by 4.30pm in December. Everything in this show depends on maximum daylight in the car. So filming next May/June, probably on telly box by August hopefully ! Can't wait.
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving watching the repeats.
    Great acting