Options

Alicia and Leyla Emmerdale

2»

Comments

• Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    I strongly dislike both sisters and hope they don't stick around.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    thebill22 wrote: »
    I think i can kind of understand why she is like that, i think it is a bit much but i can kind of see why shes like that. Shes brought him up all his life and i think for the son, especially that age, to find out his aunt is his mum is quite a shock and also she feels she will lose him if Leyla tells him which she does'nt want to do. She has'nt been in this situation, Leyla has'nt seen them for years, so she does'nt really trust Leyla to keep it quiet and everytime she thinks she is getting close, therefore wanting to tell him she just overeaccts.

If that was truly the case, Alicia would NEVER have accepted the offer of staying,no matter how desperate.. it's utter rubbish.. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fumb Duck wrote: »
    Not a fan then? :D

Pmpfl :D
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    shinytoy wrote: »
    Hope she gets killed off, she really is the most evil emmerdale character ever!

Evil? She's a lot of things but evil isn't one of them.
    thebill22 wrote: »
    I think i can kind of understand why she is like that, i think it is a bit much but i can kind of see why shes like that. Shes brought him up all his life and i think for the son, especially that age, to find out his aunt is his mum is quite a shock and also she feels she will lose him if Leyla tells him which she does'nt want to do. She has'nt been in this situation, Leyla has'nt seen them for years, so she does'nt really trust Leyla to keep it quiet and everytime she thinks she is getting close, therefore wanting to tell him she just overeaccts. When they get along, i like the relationship so over time i think that will start to come out more as Alicia starts to trust her and there relationship will get better and she will start to respect Leyla a bit more and thats probably when we will see a nicer side to alicia.

Agreed. Putting yourself in her situation, I think a lot of people would be wary. Jacob is her son and he means the world to her. She doesn't have anyone else in her life now she's broke up with his dad and her bond with Leyla is still shaky. She is too hot-headed at times and defensive but what we've seen away from the main storyline is totally different. She can be funny and has shown a nicer side. I think people are way too harsh on Alicia. Since when has being a gobby cow been the worst thing in the world? There are plenty in soapland and some that are much worse.
  • Options
    KFAKFA Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she buggers off as soon as possible
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can't leave yet.
    She hasn't worked behind the bar in the Woolpack yet.
    And all women related to other characters end up behind the bar at some point.

It's the Law.

:D

She hasn't slept with the resident 'hunk' the repulsive Andy Sudgen yet. That's also the law!
  • Options
    shinytoyshinytoy Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Evil? She's a lot of things but evil isn't one of them.

Agreed. Putting yourself in her situation, I think a lot of people would be wary. Jacob is her son and he means the world to her. She doesn't have anyone else in her life now she's broke up with his dad and her bond with Leyla is still shaky. She is too hot-headed at times and defensive but what we've seen away from the main storyline is totally different. She can be funny and has shown a nicer side. I think people are way too harsh on Alicia. Since when has being a gobby cow been the worst thing in the world? There are plenty in soapland and some that are much worse.

nah your missin the point, jacobs really leylas son, thats why i cant stand the way she treats leyla like dogshit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicia annoyed me at first because she was a moaning faced cheeky biatch, i'm kind of warming to her (she's still got the biatch in her) but her character is starting to come out.

Think she is just sh!t scared incase Leyla tells the boy the truth.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    She can't leave - she needs to sleep with at least three blokes in the village, one being Cain - he's had a good run with Charity for soapland.

LOL!!!! You're so right :D
    nah your missin the point, jacobs really leylas son, thats why i cant stand the way she treats leyla like dogshit

But Alicia has been that child's mother from the beginning - basically all Leyla did was give birth. Leyla may regret giving her son away, she might wish she could the clock back but the fact is that ALICIA is that boys mother in everyway that counts and it would be a bit confusing for the boy to be told anything else at the moment, as far as he's concerned Alicia (god help him!) is his mum. I think it would be highly irresponsible of Leyla to rock that boat now.

But I agree, Alicia has one helluva an attitude to someone who gave her the special gift of motherhood when she can't have kids herself AND to someone who has provided shelter for her and her son in her time of need! I want to slap her daft alot of the time :mad: Can't someone tape up that gob?
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member

Yes biologically Leyla is Jacob's mother. But in every other way Alicia is. She has raised him and been there since he was born and Leyla was no where in sight. At any time Leyla could slip up or even intentionally tell Jacob and that would confuse him so much and make him question Alicia. That's why I feel she is so defensive because she is terrified of losing him.

She does treat Leyla badly I agree, especially when she is putting Alicia and her son up. But it's only out of fear that she will either want Jacob back at some point or end up telling him the truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes biologically Leyla is Jacob's mother. But in every other way Alicia is. She has raised him and been there since he was born and Leyla was no where in sight. At any time Leyla could slip up or even intentionally tell Jacob and that would confuse him so much and make him question Alicia. That's why I feel she is so defensive because she is terrified of losing him.

She does treat Leyla badly I agree, especially when she is putting Alicia and her son up. But it's only out of fear that she will either want Jacob back at some point or end up telling him the truth.

Dont forget leyla was forced to give him up by her mum, I know who I feel sorry for n it defo aint alicia
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    That's why I feel she is so defensive because she is terrified of losing him.

But it's only out of fear that she will either want Jacob back at some point or end up telling him the truth.

again.... so why stay ? :cool: her ex will be paying maintenance...

in reality, she would have not have stayed, it's just a hideous storyline, and the actress playing Alicia, has as much charisma and chama as a cold corpse...

She's just not likeable, not even slightly, even Trailor Trash styling, dear god.... :eek: I have absolutely no sympathy for this character or her situation, when she appears on screen, I want to turn off, she's a nasty poison, and I also hope she fall's under the wheels of a passing tractor... TODAY... :D
  • Options
    DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    She can't leave - she needs to sleep with at least three blokes in the village, one being Cain - he's had a good run with Charity for soapland.

True. Women who arrive in Emmerdale always sleep with Cain and/or Carl. Or are at least related to one of them! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    am suprised she aint had pollard yet