The Tardis

I watched Doctor Who since around 1965. I was always under the impression it was just an erratic old time-machine run by a similarly erratic Doctor. Then Jon Pertwee started calling her 'She' and explaining it's a living thing! Tom Baker treated 'her' the same way in certain episodes.
And in "The Doctor's Wife" we found out that "she" is real!!

I cannot get my head around this! The TARDIS is a time-machine in my mind - and just that! I hate the fact that it is a living thing. OK - I admit that it is now a fact!
But does anyone else (like me) just prefer it to be a proper disfunctional Space/Time- Machine? It would be sooo 'normal' (if you know what I mean) :):)

Comments

• ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrong forum;)

Actually I quite like the idea of a semi-sentient Tardis - it explains why the Doctor keeps turning just when something is kicking off.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I cannot get my head around this! The TARDIS is a time-machine in my mind - and just that! I hate the fact that it is a living thing. OK - I admit that it is now a fact!

The Idea of the TARDIS being "alive" first appears in The Edge of Destruction (First Doctor Third Story) so was introduced long before the Third or Fourth Doctors.