My Mad Fat Diary Series 2 Starts 17th February 10pm E4

Comments

• misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Stacey was Sophie Webster's ex girlfriend in Corrie wasn't she?

It was, Sacha Parkinson. My friend said she was really lovely on set (and not just because he fancies her ;-) )
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish Izzy and Chop get to show their faces more later in the series.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    I do wish Izzy and Chop get to show their faces more later in the series.

I'd forgotten about Chop! :o
  • alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem with Izzy and Chop is they're kind of "what you see is what you get" characters. I don't think either have ever pretended to be something they're not or are hiding any secrets like Rae, Archie and Chloe have done. So there isn't as much to do with them compared to other characters.

I think things might happen with them in upcoming episodes though. Spoiler, as it's including things from the episode 4 and the episode 5 trailer.
    Chop is the only one of the gang who didn't seem supportive of Archie coming out. Izzy on the other hand seemed very happy about it. In a trailer for episode 5 Rae's narration says that Chop is getting a bit jealous of Izzy talking to guys at college, but he isn't worried about it (for now, anyway). Also, I noticed Izzy being very huggy with Archie, when they never seemed that close before. Now I don't think Chop is going to worry about Archie hanging around Izzy for obvious reasons, but it might cause some conflict between them. In short, I won't be surprised if Izzy and Chop break up at some point.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite simply the best thing on TV at the moment isn't it? I particularly like the way that the writer/s avoid moralising in the way that you inevitably get with other dramas. I think that's what makes it so effective; you do get to cheer sometimes when the baddies get their just come-uppance, but there are also times when you simply have to accept that shit happens.

I couldn't resist looking at the meeting between Rae, Claire and Sharon on the website. I could hardly believe Sharon's broad accent :o so she does well to manage an English accent that is at least consistent, even if not exactly accurate. I'm not even sure that Rae herself speaks in a Stamford accent to be honest, which is more like a set of bagpipes with pneumonia and blocked sinuses.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode on E4 was possibly the finest since the show started! Pretty much perfect. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg I've just watched episode 5 on 4OD! :o
    Just much happens.. I will use the following words .
    Heartbreaking! :(
    Shocking!:o
    Frustrating! >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll wait until next week so that I can record it and skip the infuriating adverts.

By the way, when you quote a post containing a spoiler it enables you to see the entire contents, even if you didn't want to. I don't understand why people feel the need to add spoilers. What's the point?
  • Songbird90Songbird90 Posts: 489
    Forum Member

I watched it too, i seriously hope it gets better in the next 2 episodes!
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its hard to take it seriously with all those OLD people pretending to be teenagers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it had been set in the 1970s, to make it look realistic, they'd all have to have been played by 30-year-olds.
  • Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Episode 5 was...
    ...grim to say the least. Everyone seemed to turn against Rae, even Kester! And Liam, who I thought could make Rae feel good about herself, was so unbelievably insensitive. That boy is screwed up. Too bad Finn left, he was Rae's last hope.

Izzy cheating on Chop was kind of out of the blue, this couple hardly gets any screen time. I'm glad Archie confronted Chop, we know Finn would have put those idiots in their place, but HE'S GONE NOW.

I hope things get better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 5 was...
    ...grim to say the least. Everyone seemed to turn against Rae, even Kester! And Liam, who I thought could make Rae feel good about herself, was so unbelievably insensitive. That boy is screwed up. Too bad Finn left, he was Rae's last hope.

Izzy cheating on Chop was kind of out of the blue, this couple hardly gets any screen time. I'm glad Archie confronted Chop, we know Finn would have put those idiots in their place, but HE'S GONE NOW.

I hope things get better

what gone for good???
  • Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what gone for good???
    He only goes to Leeds but it seemed like he would be away for a while.
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the latest episode! The bits with Archie especially so. Loved that Finn was so understanding. He's the perfect human being, bar the smoking. Rae's a fool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things will get better, otherwise it'll all be very depressing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadySponge wrote: »
    Things will get better, otherwise it'll all be very depressing.

Well, the original books were, but I expect more of a sugar-coated resolution with the tv series.
  • JillstarJillstar Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To anyone who has already seen ep.5:
    Does anyone else think Rae's dad might be gay? I know he said in that ep that he wanted to tell Rae his side of the story (or something along those lines). Rae's mum has also not said anything about how they split up and I don't think anything has been mentioned about him having a wife/family yet.
    I think in the diaries of the real Rae Earl, she mentions that after her parents split, her mum married a man who later came out as being gay. I wonder if they have merged these two people for the show?
    It would also tie in nicely with the whole plot with Archie and maybe make Rae feel less of an outcast in her family. Although I know that in the past MMFD hasn't really stuck to the generic storyline resolutions, so this might not be the right ending here.
  • cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    It's quite simply the best thing on TV at the moment isn't it? I particularly like the way that the writer/s avoid moralising in the way that you inevitably get with other dramas. I think that's what makes it so effective; you do get to cheer sometimes when the baddies get their just come-uppance, but there are also times when you simply have to accept that shit happens.

I couldn't resist looking at the meeting between Rae, Claire and Sharon on the website. I could hardly believe Sharon's broad accent :o so she does well to manage an English accent that is at least consistent, even if not exactly accurate. I'm not even sure that Rae herself speaks in a Stamford accent to be honest, which is more like a set of bagpipes with pneumonia and blocked sinuses.

A much better study of teenage life than Skins, I reckon. Episode 5, whilst grim, was very realistic and reminded me very much of teenage me and my friends and the stupid things we sometimes did. :blush:
  • JillstarJillstar Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else watch it tonight? What did you think?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Jillstar wrote: »
    Did anyone else watch it tonight? What did you think?

I watched....to be honest I spent most of the episode trying to work out if Rae's dad was Keith Allen or not! Gutted that Finn has gone to Leeds. hope he comes back, a more perfect specimen of man would be hard to find :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rae found out tonight that what you want isn't always what you need. Growing up fast is never a good option.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Did anyone else watch it tonight? What did you think?"

I did.
    Its so good but so painful as well. Its like watching a train wreck. A brilliantly acted, all too real, train wreck :(

Come on Kester - we need you to knock some sense into Rae. I think he really wanted to kill Liam for what he said.

My worry is that there is only one episode left and there's no way they can sort out this whole mess in 1 hour. It doesn't look good for any more cute, sexy Rae/Finn moments :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I watched next weeks episode on 4od. A few queries.
    I am a little confused about the Chloe situation. When reading Chloe's diary, Rae noted how Chloe wrote how differently the situations happened. For example Chloe saying Rae was really pretty, also the time she asked if she could leave to meet that guy. Did Rae imagine her saying worse then? Bit confused by that entire thing.
  • MsJoaquinMsJoaquin Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kat180 wrote: »
    "Did anyone else watch it tonight? What did you think?"

I did.
    Its so good but so painful as well. Its like watching a train wreck. A brilliantly acted, all too real, train wreck :(

Come on Kester - we need you to knock some sense into Rae. I think he really wanted to kill Liam for what he said.

My worry is that there is only one episode left and there's no way they can sort out this whole mess in 1 hour. It doesn't look good for any more cute, sexy Rae/Finn moments :cry:

I have a feeling the last is going to be very rushed :(

as for Rae & Finn my speculation is

I have a feeling something bad is going to happen between Rae & Liam and somehow Finn is there to help her, but I think it will be the same as last series a few scenes towards the end, the shows writer did say it has a satisfying ending but there is so much to tie up at this point, I just dont think they have the time to have a proper ending like I said its going to be very rushed I think