Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Azealiabanks just went to see Alexandra!

She cares

Alex x azealia could easily happen

They're friends. Alex posted a picture with her when she was in America last year. Not sure Azealia would do much for Alex (plus she's risky to be associated with now), but the collaboration would be hot.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I seen Alex tonight at bodyguard, the show is very good and very high budget, staging is amazing and the trailer don't do it justice! Alex does a hot dance break down which slayed all her previous choreography she's ever done in 'I'm every woman' ... Her acting skills were quite impressive though as a fan of Alexandra burke I found it took me like the first half to believe it but that's just because I'm used to how alexandra speaks, not Rachel. I would say 90% of the show was live but this is my opinion, I'm convinced 'I will always love you' was all pre-recorded vocals, sounded amazing though, she got a standing ovation anyhow! If you ain't seen it yet I would say you need to see it, the show was full and Alexandra received the best reaction from crowd though I'd say the girl playing Rachel's sister was a pretty good vocalist and actress aswell. Highlights of the show for me was the scenes in the lodge cabin and the scene of Alexandra and frank in the bar, she came across really funny in that scene had the crowd in hysterics. She looked really stunning in some of the outfits, so classy! It made me realise how much of a disaster her styling has been up to recent points, she's such a pretty girl but throughout hoh in particular they made her look unflattering in every way possible!! I didn't have time to wait around and meet her even though I'm not sure I'd have wanted to anyway. I hope we hear music from her, I may return for the last show in August!! It was a really good see, my first theatre experience thanks to Alex and I really enjoyed it. Alex stole the show for me....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Great to hear about the good review.

I've already seen it with Beverly Knight in, so I'll be able to make a direct comparison haha.

Also I don't think they would take the risk of pre-recording vocals :/ .... if anyone found out it would be a disaster!!!

Although it must be so hard for alex to perform those hard vocally demanding songs every single day!! Who knows how they do it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great to hear about the good review.

I've already seen it with Beverly Knight in, so I'll be able to make a direct comparison haha.

Also I don't think they would take the risk of pre-recording vocals :/ .... if anyone found out it would be a disaster!!!

Although it must be so hard for alex to perform those hard vocally demanding songs every single day!! Who knows how they do it!
    All of it was live but I will always love you, you could tell a bit of a difference from live vocals to pre recorded studio vocals, it's still different vocals from the trailer but it's definitely mimed that bit! The audience are tricked obviously because the rest of it was live so it weren't noticeable but it was really good, I was pleasantly suprised and it was sold out.
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Just got my tickets to go and see it on the 21st! Exciting!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    Just got my tickets to go and see it on the 21st! Exciting!:D

Yay I'm going to go again end of August sometime
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Omg Alex knows Azealia?
    I need a collab asap
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Omg Alex knows Azealia?
    I need a collab asap

They've known each other for a while it's through that manny guy, azealia was at Alex's birthday last year also
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    They've known each other for a while it's through that manny guy, azealia was at Alex's birthday last year also

I remember that but I didn't think Azealia cared this month I hope her and Alex both secure decent labels in the next few months even weeks if possible
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So The Bodyguard is to go on a two-year UK tour?

If Alex signs up, I'm done. Not waiting until 2017 for new material.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    So The Bodyguard is to go on a two-year UK tour?

If Alex signs up, I'm done. Not waiting until 2017 for new material.

She can't do that I'll give up if she does
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She said after bodyguard in interview I read yday she's going straight to America so we will soon see if it's truth or not or if we got lead on lol not here for two year bodyguard, three months is okay!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said after bodyguard in interview I read yday she's going straight to America so we will soon see if it's truth or not or if we got lead on lol not here for two year bodyguard, three months is okay!

If it's the Alex we all know I really don't think she'd do that she wasted her money for a whole 12 months going out networking recording getting management for who? She's coming another possibility if anyone gets the chance to meet her and finds out she's label less is Russell Simmons he's a very bery close friend to Kevin liles who just created a label "AllDefDigital" they have this group signed currently http://youtu.be/-8vE0bsmxIg Alex could try there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So hilary duff can swing a deal at RCA after ages away

But to be fair she has the polished career mould on lock
    Lizzie McGuire star
    Fair music career
    Able to do different types of music
    Artistic (musically)
    And a Disney superstar

Just praying for Alex to get announced soon :( remember when we were expecting laface/epic announcement i hope Jojo surprises her with a contract when she gets back
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilary Duff is a completely different story as she has an obvious market and target audience.

With regards to the two year UK tour of The Bodyguard, nobody is going to commit to the role for a whole two years. It takes up way too much time. They'll most probably have a few different leading females during that two year period.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Great to read such a positve review in addition to wow-ed audiences on twitter giving such fantastic feedback.

Like some others on here & David etc mentioned, firmly agree the Bodyguard has it's benefits in enaging with a live audience every night which in turn enables Alex to connect and remind people of her talents, so many have said their view on her has changed since seeing the show and that is so nice to see. It's a nice platform and while there is more work to do after its done, it's nice to see Alexandra's best asset (performing) being the tool to connect and engage audiences and potential new followers/fans that may have their interest in her spiked after the show.

Great to see Azealia Banks attend a show and talk about it, I personally wouldn't read too much into the photo at this stage but who knows. Connections have to start & continue somwhere so no harm in being optimistic lol.

As for the tour, I cannot see Alex doing it for the two years, no chance! I wouldn't be shocked if she did it for a cameo period & I wouldn't be adverse to that but I guess that will depend on how her music is. I'm just excited to see the show in a fortnight hehe!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nation wrote: »
    Great to read such a positve review in addition to wow-ed audiences on twitter giving such fantastic feedback.

Like some others on here & David etc mentioned, firmly agree the Bodyguard has it's benefits in enaging with a live audience every night which in turn enables Alex to connect and remind people of her talents, so many have said their view on her has changed since seeing the show and that is so nice to see. It's a nice platform and while there is more work to do after its done, it's nice to see Alexandra's best asset (performing) being the tool to connect and engage audiences and potential new followers/fans that may have their interest in her spiked after the show.

Great to see Azealia Banks attend a show and talk about it, I personally wouldn't read too much into the photo at this stage but who knows. Connections have to start & continue somwhere so no harm in being optimistic lol.

As for the tour, I cannot see Alex doing it for the two years, no chance! I wouldn't be shocked if she did it for a cameo period & I wouldn't be adverse to that but I guess that will depend on how her music is. I'm just excited to see the show in a fortnight hehe!!!

Enjoy the show!!
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    You can say all about Alex, but you know that she's not a dumb ass... She wont take this role for another 2 years, it is really too long.
    I can say form my experience (I play in theater) that playing the same show all the time can be a bit boring... And I bet she is already bored...
    She will go to America for sure.. The only question is if will she get signed to any label? Let's just hope Jojo will do something
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I don't usually post on here because there's too much speculation a lot of the time which gets me too worked up!!

But just wanted to say - there is absolutely no way that IWALY in The Bodyguard is pre-recorded!! I know what you mean by it sounding slightly different but that's just because (I think) she's rehearsed so much over and over and she gives a bit extra to that song. In previous performances - ie, the first couple of weeks-or-so, before her voice had adjusted to the new regime - she held back a bit in earlier songs, because she KNEW she had to nail IWALY. There's no way it's pre-recorded:

1 - this is the West End we're talking about!!
    2 - Why would there be pre-recorded vocals with a live band?
    3 - She sings it differently every night. Her ad-libs are different, sometimes she takes more time with the opening lines, sometimes she gets emotional and has to pause before her last few lines, etc. So unless she's pre-recorded it 75 times, with pauses for when she knows she's going to cry, it's certainly live
    4 - Sitting front row, TRUST me, it's live.

I also completely agree that the trailer doesn't do it justice!! But also, she's improved massively since that trailer was filmed, and I also don't think that the trailer was done with a live audience there - because she always feeds off an audience's energy

Also, in reply to someone questioning whether Alex is going to the US in September - I'm fairly sure she is, because Sheniece is going stateside in Sep (according to twitter) so that would make sense!!

Anyone who hasn't seen TBG I HIGHLY recommend you go! Dayseats are just £25. You're massively missing out if you can't make it!

Okay, that's my annual DS post done...
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    never mind.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Yay I'm going to go again end of August sometime

Sweet! I'm so excited. The show ends too late for me to get a train home, so I'm gonna wait for her at the Stage Door, and get a photo!! *If I can*

I really cannot wait for this. I got a stalls one, so I'm right in the middle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Clumsyflic wrote: »
    I don't usually post on here because there's too much speculation a lot of the time which gets me too worked up!!

But just wanted to say - there is absolutely no way that IWALY in The Bodyguard is pre-recorded!! I know what you mean by it sounding slightly different but that's just because (I think) she's rehearsed so much over and over and she gives a bit extra to that song. In previous performances - ie, the first couple of weeks-or-so, before her voice had adjusted to the new regime - she held back a bit in earlier songs, because she KNEW she had to nail IWALY. There's no way it's pre-recorded:

1 - this is the West End we're talking about!!
    2 - Why would there be pre-recorded vocals with a live band?
    3 - She sings it differently every night. Her ad-libs are different, sometimes she takes more time with the opening lines, sometimes she gets emotional and has to pause before her last few lines, etc. So unless she's pre-recorded it 75 times, with pauses for when she knows she's going to cry, it's certainly live
    4 - Sitting front row, TRUST me, it's live.

I also completely agree that the trailer doesn't do it justice!! But also, she's improved massively since that trailer was filmed, and I also don't think that the trailer was done with a live audience there - because she always feeds off an audience's energy

Also, in reply to someone questioning whether Alex is going to the US in September - I'm fairly sure she is, because Sheniece is going stateside in Sep (according to twitter) so that would make sense!!

Anyone who hasn't seen TBG I HIGHLY recommend you go! Dayseats are just £25. You're massively missing out if you can't make it!

Okay, that's my annual DS post done...

Lol hi flic, hmmmm.... I'm not convinced tbh, I've only seen it once so can't say for sure but the sound quality was a lot different compared to when she sang live and the tracks which I thought were pre-recorded.

I think all was live bar that one song... It was good though, pre-recorded or live... I enjoyed it and agree that its worth seeing.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Surely if the vocals were pre-recorded so would the music be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Surely if the vocals were pre-recorded so would the music be.

I thought the music was aswell