WWE Network

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,982
    Forum Member
    Dax 21 wrote: »
    have a feeling it will 9:99 worldwide which good
    They could Charge £5:99 and get everyone from the us version to the uk one:)

All they have to do is make it the equivalent of $9.99 because that eradicates the need for DNS services. They won't charge £5.99 because they said the pricing will be the same internationally.
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it would be

US $9.99
    UK £5.93
    CAN 10.92
    EURO 7.48

They should encourage folk maybe to sign up for a year in one go with a reduced one off payment..Say 12 months for the price of 10 ;-)
  • Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £5:99 is the same given a few p ;-)
    They have to market in gb ponds over here otherwise banks charge a fee to debit cards:)
  • 123keithy123123keithy123 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    What I got from the article was it would be £9.99
    So yes compared to the exchange rate we are paying more but compared to monetary value its the same...

Or am I just being really dumb :D

Either way its less money and more content compared to what we pay now for one PPV per month so I am a happy 123keithy123 ;-)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £9.99 aint too bad.

although if sky lowered their ppvs to £9.99 i still wouldnt buy them every month to be fair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I got from the article was it would be £9.99
    So yes compared to the exchange rate we are paying more but compared to monetary value its the same...

Or am I just being really dumb :D

Either way its less money and more content compared to what we pay now for one PPV per month so I am a happy 123keithy123 ;-)

That's what I thought too IMO It will be same worldwide
    What ever it is I will be happy to pay
  • eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather ominously the WWE have stated "plus local taxes" on the Ask The Network Twitter Feed. That would mean 20% on top of 5.93- just over seven pounds a month.

Sky are currently rather silent on the Network- I can remember a similar situation when they lost part of the WWE rights to Channel 4 in 2000. Then they flat out refused to admit where the other PPVs were being shown.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting post by Chad over on Cable Forums http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35719999-post1220.html
    Forum Member
    Nobody is going to pay for the network and PPVs, it's simply not going to happen. The big draw is the PPVs and I don't see how WWE would be willing to give up the biggest draw to subscribe.

They have said themselves the same service will be rolled out internationally, Canada are getting the full OnDemand library so why wouldn't the UK?

People won't subscribe to the network at £14.99 every month PLUS a Sky subscription to watch Raw and Smackdown, again it's simply not going to happen. People don't do it to watch a PPV, they won't do it for the network.

If the company signs up with Sky, removes PPV, slims down the OnDemand library and charges £14.99 a month, the network is dead in the UK. There is no point in even launching it because it will fail. People will either sign up for the US version or they won't sign up at all.
  • couchpotato2011couchpotato2011 Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the hell are we going to get all the Raw and Nitro episodes?
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Interesting post by Chad over on Cable Forums http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35719999-post1220.html

Didn't find it interesting, just him saying opposite to what WWE are saying and that we are getting the full online version on 1/10. I can't see another SKY channel just for WWE, wouldn't be worth their while
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the hell are we going to get all the Raw and Nitro episodes?
    They put on 5 raw ep a week nitro in September
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    Didn't find it interesting, just him saying opposite to what WWE are saying and that we are getting the full online version on 1/10. I can't see another SKY channel just for WWE, wouldn't be worth their while

I haven't read the press conference so wasn't sure. I do recall someone here saying WWE network will be the same internationally?
  • eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The WWE need to categorically state what is going on with the Network in the UK as Sky are not going to anytime soon.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    The Chad article was taken from what culture website who aren't the best.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

WWE need to mug Sky off, they are a bigger company and will be more successful without them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read the press conference so wasn't sure. I do recall someone here saying WWE network will be the same internationally?

Yes it will unless wwe tell us different which they would have done already if it was on sky:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    WWE need to mug Sky off, they are a bigger company and will be more successful without them.

In a ideal world all networks would bugger Sky off lol.
    Forum Member

On the earnings call, they said they are rolling the exact same service out globally. They will be monitoring viewing habits to decide who gets localised services first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the earnings call, they said they are rolling the exact same service out globally. They will be monitoring viewing habits to decide who gets localised services first.

Thanks for the info :)
  • Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
    Forum Member

WWE are not bigger than Sky. Sky's PROFIT is over a billion each year.

WWE isn't even worth a billion.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And show Raw and Smackdown on Channel 5?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eljmayes wrote: »
    The WWE need to categorically state what is going on with the Network in the UK as Sky are not going to anytime soon.

Why does it?

Its not due to go live until October 1st (and could always change) and we are only at the start of August.

I know patience is a uncommon trait nowadays but the WWE has more more to do then worry about telling people what is happening with the Network in the UK, They are busy rolling it out to other countries at the moment.

Its not like they are asking people to sign up for it now and not telling them what they are paying for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are not at the beginning of August we are a week in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are not at the beginning of August we are a week in.

What difference does knowing what the WWE Network will be now then finding out on the last day of September really make?