Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get the hatred towards Reid. She was perfect when on BBC breakfast, and from the little ive seen of GMB she is bot bad on there either
  • Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it seens the itv boss peter fincham backs Good Morning Britain

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/itv-boss-peter-fincham-backs-4092043
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    I dont get the hatred towards Reid. She was perfect when on BBC breakfast, and from the little ive seen of GMB she is bot bad on there either

I agree with u
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it seens the itv boss peter fincham backs Good Morning Britain

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/itv-boss-peter-fincham-backs-4092043
    Ratings of 600,000 a day? Where did they get those figures from? :confused:
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

From about 12 months ago. According to the Ratings Thread it was 420,000 yesterday, BBC 1.44 million .Unreported by the Mirror was that Fincham said he did not expect ratings to improve in the near future. He can hardly say he's going to ditch it as he claimed the credit for bringing Chiles and Bleakley from the BBC although he's kept quiet about Susannah Reid.
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's no different to a football chairman saying he has complete faith in his manager- and then sacking him 2 or 3 matches later.

He was never likely to say 'I have my doubts' or 'It's not going very well'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

maybe from barb
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe from barb

Recent BARB figures have been around the 400,000 mark since the school holidays, yesterday the BARB figures were apparently 420,000 (as stated above by ftv).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recent BARB figures have been around the 400,000 mark since the school holidays, yesterday the BARB figures were apparently 420,000 (as stated above by ftv).[/QOTE]

yes its not looking good for itv
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    It really is looking dire for GMB & ITV.
    But hey Peter Fincham believes it will improve :rolleyes: so nothing to worry about...
    Viewing figures have dwindled dramatically since the April launch and I cannot see them improving anytime soon, even though it is the summer holidays I cannot see GMB shooting up to 600,000 come September.

RIP ITV Breakfast, 1983-2014

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    It really is looking dire for GMB & ITV.
    But hey Peter Fincham believes it will improve :rolleyes: so nothing to worry about...
    Viewing figures have dwindled dramatically since the April launch and I cannot see them improving anytime soon, even though it is the summer holidays I cannot see GMB shooting up to 600,000 come September.

RIP ITV Breakfast, 1983-2014

:)

we will see
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet GMB is jarring for London viewers as when they go to local news, it goes from a GMB view of St. Paul's in bright blue sky bathed in sunshine to a live dull overcast view of St. Paul's. :D
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    As I am off for two weeks I was able to watch some extended coverage of GMB today, I did notice the exclusion of Miss Reid (who only had a week off 11-16 August) and is off again today, this does not bode well for her, especially if ITV had a slight increase in viewing figures during her holiday.

The content is as bland and irrelevant as ever though, Ben is still doing those pointless and stupid pre-recorded VT's to each region, Dickie Arnold is still there polluting GMB like a 'bad smell' and of course the competitions are still as excruciating to watch as ever.

Since the April relaunch (banded as more News based) I have yet to see any evidence of this, it is the same monotonous drivel aimed at hosuewives, the bigoted and people with an IQ in double digits. :p

I would happily bet Susanna Reid will be gone by Christmas, Ranvir or Kate will replace her and the ITV bosses will have what they want: A re branded GMTV covering the same drivel under the guise of GMB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor old Sean was more or less cut out of it completely this morning, he looks rather embarrassed sitting there in the odd wide shot.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »
    I bet GMB is jarring for London viewers as when they go to local news, it goes from a GMB view of St. Paul's in bright blue sky bathed in sunshine to a live dull overcast view of St. Paul's. :D

I've never noticed that. Now I'm going to see it all the time aren't I?! :D:o

Well I will on the odd occasion I actually watch GMB..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear ITV should have got Ms Willoughby and I bet at a fraction of the cost.. Never mind she beat Cheryl Cole.... Just!

Holly Willoughby Beats David Beckham, Kate Middleton And Susanna Reid To Be Crowned The Winner Of The Best Celebrity Smile.

Results in Full

Holly Willoughby – 22%
    Duchess of Cambridge – 19%
    Beyoncé – 16%
    Harry Styles – 13%
    Anne Hathaway – 10%
    David Beckham – 8%
    Susanna Reid – 5%
    Kim Kardashian – 4%
    Joey Essex – 2%
    Cheryl Cole – 1%

She could always top up her orange tan..
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/susanna-reid-orange-twitter-reacts-4074685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Oh dear ITV should have got Ms Willoughby and I bet at a fraction of the cost.. Never mind she beat Cheryl Cole.... Just!

Holly Willoughby Beats David Beckham, Kate Middleton And Susanna Reid To Be Crowned The Winner Of The Best Celebrity Smile.

Results in Full

Holly Willoughby – 22%
    Duchess of Cambridge – 19%
    Beyoncé – 16%
    Harry Styles – 13%
    Anne Hathaway – 10%
    David Beckham – 8%
    Susanna Reid – 5%
    Kim Kardashian – 4%
    Joey Essex – 2%
    Cheryl Cole – 1%

She could always top up her orange tan..
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/susanna-reid-orange-twitter-reacts-4074685

Holly won't be right for the show and she having her baby
  • mrs brownmrs brown Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Poor old Sean was more or less cut out of it completely this morning, he looks rather embarrassed sitting there in the odd wide shot.

He should be sat on the sofa when doing the sport as he does look stupid at the desk
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The shot of London behind the team isn't live?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GMB runs so much smoother when SR is not on the programme, it might just survive if she was sacked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stapleton was presenting a phone-in on LBC in London yesterday, obviously looking ahead to a future without GMB. That's him and Charlotte taken care of then.
  • simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't see susanna being replaced at christmas just because charlotte will more than likely start her maternity leave at that time and probably won't return until at least august.
    Think it would be disastrous that a show that will be nine months old at that time would want to start the new year two presenters down,don't think that the line-up which would include ben,kate,ranvir and sean would be a ratings booster.
  • simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to feel sorry for charlotte,gone from sunrise where she was an intelligent,articulate warm friendly presenter,now she has announced she's pregnant she's just a pair of legs.
    Can't see sally nugent,louise minchen and isabel webster being described this way,just shows the audience good morning britain are aiming at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to feel sorry for charlotte,gone from sunrise where she was an intelligent,articulate warm friendly presenter,now she has announced she's pregnant she's just a pair of legs.
    Can't see sally nugent,louise minchen and isabel webster being described this way,just shows the audience good morning britain are aiming at.

I think the truth is they don't know what audience they're aiming at. One minute there's talk of a harder news edge, the next Andi Peters making a fool of himself.Then there's Ross King with his friends the Hollywood stars giving sycophancy a bad name(did he even meet Robin Williams let alone know him personally ?)Viewers just aren't that stupid.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    The shot of London behind the team isn't live?

It`ll have a longer life than the presenters!