Beyoncé at Glastonbury 26/05/11

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
Forum Member
So it's almost here, can't wait for her to show the world what she's capable of. Any predictions? So far seen rumours of Jay Z/Kanye guest appearance, Destiny's Child reunion, even 2,000 backing dancers at one point!! I really want a repeat of her incredible Billboard Awards performance from last month..

Also I'm a bit of a newbie to Glastonbury, hows the best way to watch live? I notice theres a highlight show on BBC2 at 10pm or will the whole set be streamed via the good old red button? Any idea what time her set is likely to start at?

Thanks

[news]Beyoncé covers Kings of Leon, Prince in Glastonbury set[/news]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    date's wrong...

But really excited about this, would love it if the performance could push 'run the world' back up the charts.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's gonna be Kanye/Jay Z as guests which to be honest I'm slightly disappointed by since it's the more predictable option.

Even if she pulled out Sean Paul for Baby Boi instead of Kanye for Ego it would be a bit more unexpected.

However with Kanye/Jay z there I'd LOVE her to sing RiRi's part of Run This Town with them, I think that could be pretty special.

I think a DC reunion would be incredible but apparently she tweeted confirming that was just a rumour (not seen tweet myself but was told about it yesterday) I think the crowd would enjoy it since a lot of DCs song are well known, she'll probably do a medley anyway, having the girls on stage would have made it better.

I'm still dreaming of on last DC tour.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whisper was she was going to do Bohemian Rhapsody!:eek: I'm hoping it was a joke.
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Whisper was she was going to do Bohemian Rhapsody!:eek: I'm hoping it was a joke.

She does it

The only guests i can see her having is Jay Z or Chris Martin.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »

no, she does a "royal" medley of queen, prince (beautiful ones - mariah carey also covered this) and kings of leon (sex on fire)

i don't think you are going to get any surprises over the setlist, it will just be the same as the paris show. her hubby turning up to rap will be as surprising as finding out that santa doesn't exist
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesnt Santa exist??:eek::eek:

REALLY looking forward to seeing beyonce later!!:)
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to this. She's one of those artists that can turn a mediocre song on record to something great live.

Example: If I Were A Boy on The X Factor.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this. She's one of those artists that can turn a mediocre song on record to something great live.

Example: If I Were A Boy on The X Factor.:)

she has a good voice and body, but she just lacks the catalogue and the x factor somehow. i don't know what it is, but before her first album came out i was expecting big things as the circulating tracks at the time were pretty good, but her first album was more of a whimper than a scream and she just didn't get the material

she still has potential though, she's not lost it completely, but then she never really had it all in the first place. kinda close but no cigar. maybe it was her dad that held her back by not getting her the most appropriate deals for her in lieu of the best deals she thought she should have. mariah was held back similarly in her early days
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unique wrote: »
    she has a good voice and body, but she just lacks the catalogue and the x factor somehow. i don't know what it is, but before her first album came out i was expecting big things as the circulating tracks at the time were pretty good, but her first album was more of a whimper than a scream and she just didn't get the material

she still has potential though, she's not lost it completely, but then she never really had it all in the first place. kinda close but no cigar. maybe it was her dad that held her back by not getting her the most appropriate deals for her in lieu of the best deals she thought she should have. mariah was held back similarly in her early days

I'd say Beyoncé epitomises "The X Factor" she has it more than anyone else, she can sing anything and sound amazing.

She's got a solid back catalogue of hits, her new material is possibly her weakest, but I Am Sasha Fierce and B'Day are excellent records.

She sells out arenas worldwide with ease and some amazing performances on award shows and TV shows, not sure what she's lacking in any way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say Beyoncé epitomises "The X Factor" she has it more than anyone else, she can sing anything and sound amazing.

She's got a solid back catalogue of hits, her new material is possibly her weakest, but I Am Sasha Fierce and B'Day are excellent records.

She sells out arenas worldwide with ease and some amazing performances on award shows and TV shows, not sure what she's lacking in any way.

that's what i mean. she's lacking the X factor. the spark that you can't put your finger on

her back catalogue is far from solid, and that's part of her problem
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So should I be watching on BBC3, or red button?
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So should I be watching on BBC3, or red button?

BBC 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's what i mean. she's lacking the X factor. the spark that you can't put your finger on

her back catalogue is far from solid, and that's part of her problem

I'm saying she does have that spark. I started by saying she epitomises The X Factor.

She has it in abundance, more so than anyone else on the planet right now, noone can match her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ICON111 wrote: »
    BBC 2

I heard she was starting around quarter to ten.. Kaiser Chiefs are just finishing up on BBC3. I don't want to miss anything by watching the 10pm BBC2 listing.

The Writing's On The Wall is one of my favourite albums but I don't like much of Beyoncé's music, not sure why I'm so interested. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm saying she does have that spark. I started by saying she epitomises The X Factor.

She has it in abundance, more so than anyone else on the planet right now, noone can match her.

she might epitomise the x factor tv show, all the obvious bits with the main thing missing, but she doesn't have the real x factor which is why her albums are lacking

fortunately for her, she doesn't need memorex, so as long as her competition is people who can't sing like kesha, and she uses the same producers as everyone else and shows her arse on mtv she'll have a few hits

but she could do with a decent producer and writer who can do justice to her talents. and none of that sample someone elses record crap
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she might epitomise the x factor tv show, all the obvious bits with the main thing missing, but she doesn't have the real x factor which is why her albums are lacking

fortunately for her, she doesn't need memorex, so as long as her competition is people who can't sing like kesha, and she uses the same producers as everyone else and shows her arse on mtv she'll have a few hits

but she could do with a decent producer and writer who can do justice to her talents. and none of that sample someone elses record crap

I don't mean she epitomises the TV show, I mean she just has "IT"

I think she sells records by doing more than showing her arse on MTV, her music sells because it's high quality and she has a stunning voice.

Being given the chance to headline a rock festival is further proof of her talent, ability and reputation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mean she epitomises the TV show, I mean she just has "IT"

I think she sells records by doing more than showing her arse on MTV, her music sells because it's high quality and she has a stunning voice.

Being given the chance to headline a rock festival is further proof of her talent, ability and reputation.

but it's the x factor that's missing. she looks good, she has a good voice, but she lacks the catalogue and just something is missing. if she had the x factor and the right hits she could take the music world by storm. as i say, i blame the parents
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't know much about her, but her last few singles that have been hammered on the radio seem very repetitive.i'll reserve judgement for now.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I guess your idea of the X Factor is completely different to what most people's are. You don't become as respected and as popular as Bey if you don't have 'it'. She has 'it' in abundance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but it's the x factor that's missing. she looks good, she has a good voice, but she lacks the catalogue and just something is missing. if she had the x factor and the right hits she could take the music world by storm. as i say, i blame the parents

It's not missing though.

We have Gaga making amazing, complex, visually dazzling videos to get attention. Beyoncé gets more attention in a swimsuit and black and white video.

"could" take the music world by storm? I think she did that a few years ago. The girl is a MEGASTAR, noone comes close to her.
  • xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    she looks great
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just like Jay-Z did.. she is proving everyone who doubted her wrong..!

She looks amazing, she sounds amazing.. Would be great to top it with a Jay-Z/Kanye appearance and DC reunion

Hope she will continue to smash it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twitter's going crazay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xmel05 wrote: »
    she looks great

shame the performance is full of samples, dancers and people pretending to play the music that's sampled

not off to a good start
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I guess your idea of the X Factor is completely different to what most people's are. You don't become as respected and as popular as Bey if you don't have 'it'. She has 'it' in abundance.

my definition is the original one long before the tv show, where someone had that special something that you couldn't name. the special thing that made someone a star. the thing you need on top of sounding and looking good. she's just relied on her real talent so far, which fortunately she has, but if she found the missing x factor she could be a major contender, bigger than madonna, mj and janet instead of just another rnb artist