The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bad.. I could have sworn I saw a Rockstar tweet earlier saying it was a fake. But still, it's an ISLAND.. Not part of America, how can that be real? I'm still THINKING it's a fake..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bad.. I could have sworn I saw a Rockstar tweet earlier saying it was a fake. But still, it's an ISLAND.. Not part of America, how can that be real? I'm still THINKING it's a fake..

Where in America is San Andreas? Also, wasn't the whole map in GTA: SA also surrounded by water?
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not fake, it is from the Official Strategy Guide which has reached some retailers already, all someone has done is snapped an image of the map from inside that.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You do know that every GTA map is an island right ?

Liberty City is multiple islands
    Vice City see above
    San Andreas was huge yet was two islands (i think)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    You do know that every GTA map is an island right ?

Liberty city is multiple islands
    Vice city

*face palm* :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pazza_73 wrote: »
    *face palm* :D

..................sorry ? :confused:
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

GTA SA was surrounded by water:
    http://www.myepsilon.org/maps/gtasa_empty_map.jpg

Also... Hawaii? One state of America but also an island...

You could argue it was two, three or even four islands if you want to be pedantic over water splitting islands... I just say 2 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..................sorry ? :confused:

Double facepalm!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    GTA SA was surrounded by water:
    http://www.myepsilon.org/maps/gtasa_empty_map.jpg

You could argue it was two, three or even four islands if you want to be pedantic over water splitting islands... I just say 2 :D

It's been years since I last played that game.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member

Rockstar have said no such thing. And just to remind you, San Andreas, Liberty City (GTA IV) and Vice City were islands. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Double facepalm!

Here is a triple facepalm to get off on, care to explain what I said wrong ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You've not said anything wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member

you did nothing wrong. Just that you pointed out the correct fact that the other guy seemed to forget when claiming the map was fake :)

Sure, maybe the map is fake, but the island argument was not valid, as you pointed out...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    You've not said anything wrong.

C'mon then, why the "facepalm" ? I'll not be able to sleep tonight if i don't know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pazza_73 wrote: »
    you did nothing wrong. Just that you pointed out the correct fact that the other guy seemed to forget when claiming the map was fake :)

Sure, maybe the map is fake, but the island argument was not valid, as you pointed out...

Thanks...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an extreme attempt if it was a fake... Mock up artwork for an A1 poster (look at the detail) and pay for a single high quality A1 print just to take a photo and throw it on the 'net...

Though, admittedly, when comparing it to GTA:SA there aren't many similar locations but... I dunno... typical R*?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C'mon then, why the "facepalm" ? I'll not be able to sleep tonight if i don't know.

The first facepalm was to the FM who was incorrectly implying that other maps were not islands. The second facepalm was to you for not realising this. Not sure what the third one was for, though.
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    It's an extreme attempt if it was a fake... Mock up artwork for an A1 poster (look at the detail) and pay for a single high quality A1 print just to take a photo and throw it on the 'net...

Though, admittedly, when comparing it to GTA:SA there aren't many similar locations but... I dunno... typical R*?

Because it's not the entire San Andreas from GTA SA, GTA V's version is based solely on Southern California, and this part of the game is the Southern San Andreas State, there's still a North State not included but mentioned in the game, that's where San Fiero now resides. Done to be much more accurate to the real life map.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Because it's not the entire San Andreas from GTA SA, GTA V's version is based solely on Southern California, and this part of the game is the Southern San Andreas State, there's still a North State not included but mentioned in the game, that's where San Fiero now resides. Done to be much more accurate to the real life map.

I know, I've read enough press releases to have spotted that. I'm not going off the whole SA map - I would still have expected a couple of place names from the area immediately north of Los Santos in GTA:SA to have cropped up in the GTAV map... haven't fine toothed it, though... but, obviously, the entire geography is different from SA anyway (wasn't much actual landmass north of LS in GTA:SA before hitting San Andreas Sound and then Las Venturas...)

ETA: Well, there's Mount Chiliad, I suppose...
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    Dont know if this will work - but this is GTA IV over the GTA V map :

http://i.imgur.com/USaFo0Q.jpg

Posting from work, and imgur links dont work anyway - so cant check it!

that is actually insane. wow...just wow
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    The free space (mountains) endless possibilities to be honest (both in single/online play) I think we're onto something pretty special here with GTAV (And only got a week to wait)
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    What was wrong with the old thread?
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    What was wrong with the old thread?

People were asking for a new thread.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    People were asking for a new thread.

Then we'll start an official official one next week when the game is actually out shall we?
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does the map look a bit like Homer Simpson's head? :D