Most 'emotional' event in Cult?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    Oh and this one

"the hardest thing is this world, is to live in it" - Buffy tells dawn this before sacraficing herself. Gets me everytime. The whole conversation they share sends shivers down my spine especially when the conversation overlaps scenes of the group gathering over Buffy's body.

Aw, that one gets to me to, get a bit teary and shiver down my spine too :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first time I ever bawled my eyes out in a tv show was the LOST season 5 finale, when Juliet - my favourite character - is pulled down into the hatch... I was so busy crying that the whole shock involving Locke had no effect until I'd rewatched it.

The raft launch in Season 1 is extremely emotional aswell, but a sosmeone said in an earlier post, Michael Giacchino's score should be applauded for that emotion.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    zounds wrote: »
    Don't want to mention anything from the new season for fear of spoiling, but here's a great little compilation vid (first two seasons) that someone has just put up about the roller-coaster of emotion that is Debra Morgan (Dexter).

Great tune from 'The Lost Boys':

Dexter - Don't Cry Little Sister

Oh God, just thinking about what Trinity does sends a shiver down my spine. Such an awful awful waste and a fantastic character gone. :(
    Blemished wrote: »
    Two off the top of my head from LOST are:

When Alex is shot. I think it's because it was so sudden in a way and such a shock to Ben who obviously wasn't expecting it in the slighest.

I can't even play the music from S4 without that making me bawl my eyes out. Also "Life and Death" grabs me just there every single time even when it's the happy scenes. God, I love "Lost" so much, I don't know what I'll do when it's all over. :(
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Last nights CSI in america, at the end, thats all I'm going to say incase I let slip any spoilers.
  • BuncecountBuncecount Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last 5 minutes of Fringe season 1 finale, maybe not the most emotional but one the best in TV history.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was kinda annoyed at killing Ianto off in torchwood, but Tosh/Owens deaths were a big surprise.

After watching a few Doctor who dvds with adric before earthshock, when i watched that it had the same effect of Tosh/Owens.

Killing off David Tennant is a bad idea.

Watch the ratings go dead high for the last 2 specials, dead high for the first of series 5, 2 million lower for the second, by the fifth they will have dropped by 5 million then like 2 million a week (saddos like me with nothing to do :p) by the last episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Killing off David Tennant is a bad idea.

Watch the ratings go dead high for the last 2 specials, dead high for the first of series 5, 2 million lower for the second, by the fifth they will have dropped by 5 million then like 2 million a week (saddos like me with nothing to do :p) by the last episodes.

Doctors come and go, it wont dent the show. The ratings were staggering for Eccleston, and stayed about the same for Tennant.

Aaaanyway - I'd have to agree with Buffy - The Gift. Beautiful, understated and heartbreaking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buncecount wrote: »
    Last 5 minutes of Fringe season 1 finale, maybe not the most emotional but one the best in TV history.

Agreed, that was a hugely awe-inspiring moment.

I think the most emotional for me has to be Desmond/Penny's phone call in Lost's "The Constant". Everything about that scene was perfect from the two-seasons long build up, to the acting, to the writing, to the direction, to the music. Absolutely perfectly executed television; easily the most powerful scene I've ever watched in a TV show/movie.

Lost has had a lot of brilliant emotionally-tuned moments really.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Why do people constantly think that a new Doctor will kill the show? Doesn't the fact we're currently on the Tenth incarnation tell anyone that the show will outlive its stars? Doesn't the fact it survived the departure of Tom Baker prove that even the biggest and most popular actor can walk out on the show and it still live on for nearly a decade?

I'm hoping Ten's death is up there as previous regenerations haven't always had the poignancy they should have (sometimes due to lack of a longterm companion being present!).
  • KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many shows to list.

They generate intense ANGER in me whenever they seek to equate "drama" with a blatant attempt to make people blub like babies.

The music swells, the eyes moisten... and I throw something at the TV wishing that Number 6, Steel, John Drake, Captain Scarlet (original), McGill, John Steed, Admiral Nelson, David Vincent or Jon Pertwee's Doctor would just walk on and give everyone a slap

Seconded.

However, having agreed with the above post.

OP good question :)

Big endings, and I am surprised that no one has mentioned it but "Blake's Seven"

"Terminal" Zen’s death scene
    "Blake" the closing scenes (transmission date 21st December) Boy did I have a bad Christmas!
  • KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people constantly think that a new Doctor will kill the show? Doesn't the fact we're currently on the Tenth incarnation tell anyone that the show will outlive its stars? Doesn't the fact it survived the departure of Tom Baker prove that even the biggest and most popular actor can walk out on the show and it still live on for nearly a decade?

I'm hoping Ten's death is up there as previous regenerations haven't always had the poignancy they should have (sometimes due to lack of a longterm companion being present!).

Well said.

I would add, if you can survive Bill to Pat, Jon to Tom, Peter to Colin, Colin to Sylvester. This is a walk in the park!

I would point out that Mrs. Kaylan and I have discussed how I am going to cope.

Apparently my behaviour during and after TSE and JE, was akin to a 44year old man going on a 4 year old, or words to that effect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... I'd like to come up with one that isn't a death but they're so well handled and the characters so well written that you can't help but care when they shuffle off!

Actually when the fleet is flown into the sun in Daybreak, with the original theme playing, made me nearly shed a tear.
    y.

Non-death related, Hmm. How about when Starbuck spent the night with Apollo on New Caprica before the occupation, And Apollo declares his love for her, Then he wakes up in the morning to find her gone, He then discovers later on that she married Anders.

Another two: When Tory shuts Cally out of the airlock after she's just discovered that her husband is a Cylon.

Also when Chief discovers that Tory killed Cally in the season finale, And he strangled her.

Come to mention it, The end of the 3rd season when we discovered that Saul Tigh, Anders and Tyrol were Cylons, That music was chilling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    Non-death related, Hmm. How about when Starbuck spent the night with Apollo on New Caprica before the occupation, And Apollo declares his love for her, Then he wakes up in the morning to find her gone, He then discovers later on that she married Anders.
    That was such a kick in the gut. Hard to watch, but brilliantly handled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why everyone's fussing over Ianto's death - I cried but I cried SO much more at Tosh/Owen dying - especially Tosh's computer message at the end - "I hope I did good".

If I had to list all the Who stuff I've cried at, I'd be here for years.
  • humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw the last episode of twin peaks in my early teens. i can remember being disturbed by it's conclusion and dale cooper (brilliantly played by kyle maclachlan) expression while looking into the mirror and the words (which i forget) he kept repeating. believe it or not, it was the first time i'd seen evil truimph over good.

a real, seminal moment in my adolescence.
  • martinamerlotmartinamerlot Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spock's 'death' at the end of TWOK gets me every time. :cry:

And going back to my younger days...when Michael Praed's Robin of Loxley is killed in Robin of Sherwood.
  • ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buffy - The Gift

but loads more Buffy aswell!
  • AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Six Feet Under S5 EP12 final episode gets you every time :cry:
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star Trek nemesis when data dies I find that very sad surprised no ones said this yet.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's because it's generally seen as cr*ap by many Trek fans. (Clearly it touched you though, & and I do respect that of course).
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another BSG moment (I watched it last night), at the end of "Islanded In A Stream Of Stars," Tigh and Adama sit and drink in Bill's quarters, Bill having just told Saul that they're abandoning ship, and the pair toast Galactica.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another BSG moment (I watched it last night), at the end of "Islanded In A Stream Of Stars," Tigh and Adama sit and drink in Bill's quarters, Bill having just told Saul that they're abandoning ship, and the pair toast Galactica.
    How about when Tigh tells Adama he's a Cylon? and Bill Breaks down with his son comforting him?
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    AxeVictim wrote: »

94 posts before this came up, yet when talking about how to shows end this is always the best. I watched it on a train the other week, and burst into tears, it's just so tough not to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    AxeVictim wrote: »

Absolutely agree with that one. I balled my eyes out.

Speaking of Six Feet Under, but not necessarily death scenes - I also think the guy who played Billy gave very emotional performances, especially his scenes with Brenda. I'm thinking of the scenes after the tattoo removal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    for me it's always been the episode of sliders where the professor gets killed, i was upset for days and my mum didn't care

and if i have to say a moment form Buffy its when jenny calender gets her neck snapped and is left in Giles apartment with the roses.

and doctor who the fact that the 9th and 10th doctors faces weren't in the title sequence, bring on the smith and the ways of the mofat