ep 2/12: 653k
    ep 3/12: 649k
    ep 4/12: 599k
    ep 5/12: 657k
    ep 6/12: 610k

K
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I thought that was odd too but I guess it shows that Pierre fundamentally doesn't trust Josephine for a serious relationship, whatever he claims. You'd expect her to say that she didn't sleep with Thomas but maybe due to her self-esteem issues she sort of expects Pierre to have a low opinion of her and can't really argue with it. Either that or maybe she was momentarily stunned by what Pierre had said and couldn't react - as someone in the Guardian comments said.

Ah, maybe. I did wonder when she told Thomas to leave her alone because "I'm not worth it" whether part of her meant it and it wasn't just to get him to back off. I am surprised at Pierre not even questioning it though, especially since Sophie is not exactly trustworthy. I hope this isn't the end for them! :(
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting how french job titles are rendered into their british equivalents rather than direct translations, e.g Laure is Chief Inspector instead of Captain and references to the Lord Chancellor's office.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Didn't know that Gregory Fitoussi was in Mr Selfridge.

Yes; he plays a French window dresser, Henri Leclair - funny to hear him speaking English all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Last week I thought this series was lagging a little but really enjoyed episodes 7 & 8. Plenty of nerve-racking moments.

When they make a biopic of Arsene Wenger's life they have the perfect actor.........:p

Roban
  • FranglaisFranglais Posts: 3,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering how many of these actors /actresses speak good quality English on a par with our Danish friends from Borgen?
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Franglais wrote: »
    Just wondering how many of these actors /actresses speak good quality English on a par with our Danish friends from Borgen?

French people don't generally speak English as well as Danes though, looks like Gregory Fitoussi does though.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Officials:

Table so far:

Overnights:

ep 1/12: 594k (2.65%)
    ep 2/12: 433k (2.2%)
    ep 3/12: 454k (2.0%)
    ep 4/12: 408k (2.1%)
    ep 5/12: 452k (2.05%)
    ep 6/12: 357k (1.8%)
    ep 7/12: 430k
    ep 8/12: 357k

Officials:
    ep 1/12: 823k
    ep 2/12: 653k
    ep 3/12: 649k
    ep 4/12: 599k

K

Why do more people watch the first episode and not the second, what's the point of that?
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the guns will end up in the hands of the immigration terrorists, that must be how they are going to link the gangsters with the open borders guys.

Not much discussion about the Spiral plot compared to the Danish programmes in this thread? I remember finding twenty or so pages after a Saturday night there's not even much discussion while the programmes on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much discussion about the Spiral plot compared to the Danish programmes in this thread? I remember finding twenty or so pages after a Saturday night there's not even much discussion while the programmes on.

I know - I was thinking the same. Most of the oldtimers i.e. names I recognise from other Euro subbed dramas have gone silent. Surprising seeing as things have really got going in this series now! Even the episode blogs at the Guardian aren't attracting many pages of comments for Spiral.
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do more people watch the first episode and not the second, what's the point of that?
    I can understand people not wanting to watch both episodes live as subtitles demand more concentration - especially after a beverage or two! Maybe they record the second one to watch and enjoy at leisure.
    Forum Member
    I know - I was thinking the same. Most of the oldtimers i.e. names I recognise from other Euro subbed dramas have gone silent. Surprising seeing as things have really got going in this series now! Even the episode blogs at the Guardian aren't attracting many pages of comments for Spiral.

Maybe that's because it's not very PC (despite BBC4 being a co-producers), the criminals are usually minorities from the Paris banlieues, i.e. the kind of villains the Paris police would be dealing with rather than the fantastical villains the BBC favours like "Christian Terrorists" or far-right skinheads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe that's because it's not very PC (despite BBC4 being a co-producers), the criminals are usually minorities from the Paris banlieues, i.e. the kind of villains the Paris police would be dealing with rather than the fantastical villains the BBC favours like "Christian Terrorists" or far-right skinheads.

Well people used to comment on Spiral here - they just seem to have disappeared for this series. The comments that are at the Grauniad are mainly favourable too - it's just that we're only at p.2 there instead of with TK it would often go to about 10 pages. I've been talking about it there as it's so quiet here! Ah well! :)
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best guess is that (statistical variations notwithstanding) some people watch the first episode "live" on TV and the second on iPlayer on their PCs (which aren't counted by BARB)...

K
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    elfcurry wrote: »
    I can understand people not wanting to watch both episodes live as subtitles demand more concentration - especially after a beverage or two! Maybe they record the second one to watch and enjoy at leisure.
    The best guess is that (statistical variations notwithstanding) some people watch the first episode "live" on TV and the second on iPlayer on their PCs (which aren't counted by BARB)...

Yep, this is certainly what happens in the Croissant household - if we're in we watch the first one, fall asleep towards the end of it, watch the second one on iPlayer the next day :):o
  • babspankybabspanky Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elfcurry wrote: »

I prefer to watch it all on catch up. Sometimes as late as the following Saturday. I kind of want to hoard it as I enjoy it so much. :o
  • babspankybabspanky Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

K

Oh really - real viewing figures must surely be considerably higher then?
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people watch it on iplayer, a double bill until 10:55pm can be late for some people. There are no repeats either. I watched the first couple of episodes on iplayer until I could catch up as I was away at the time when it came back on.

On the series as a whole I think it has picked up and I think there is the potential here for some major twists/departures from the show.

-Pierre is messing with the wrong guy. If he gets on the wrong side of a gangster like Jorkal he could be in some serious trouble.

-Tintin I expect will recover and probably save the team in some way towards the end of the season. Until then he is going to hinder the team due to what looks like post traumatic stress.

- I can't see these Sarahouis letting Gilou off lightly. It looked like one of the brothers saw Gilou (or suspected it was him) when he escaped the bar with that evidence during that police raid.

- That Police bounty website, Special Branch know about it but have they taken it down? If not could Laure and her team be targeted at some point? Maybe they will, Tintin saves the day and get's his mojo back.

- If Josephine was a man she would have cast iron balls. How long can she keep messing with Special Branch and aiding the extremists?

Bremont seems to be good for Laure so I hope she doesn't start a fling with Sami (but that looks like where we are heading).
  • Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it.
    I hope the guy with the dwarfy arms gets knocked off by the Sarahouis.
    I also want to see some more fingering in an evening gown.
    How long before the bullets in the skip corpse get analysed?
    How long before hook-nose get blackmailed by his new gangster boss?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it.
    I hope the guy with the dwarfy arms gets knocked off by the Sarahouis.
    I also want to see some more fingering in an evening gown.
    How long before the bullets in the skip corpse get analysed?
    How long before hook-nose get blackmailed by his new gangster boss?

Dwarfy arms = Gilou? You want Gilou to get done in?! Nooooo - he is an awesome character. :( Not sure the Sarahouis are going to do anything big time but I do wonder how or if they're going to link in with other plotlines - or are they just there to show that Gilou is being his usual reckless self?

And 'hook-nose' = Pierre? That's genuinely the first time I've seen someone say something derogatory about his looks if so! Most women (I know you're not one) go nuts for him.

I'm still too excited to see what happens now that Samy is back. :D At the same time am worried something bad might happen to him though.
    Forum Member

And 'hook-nose' = Pierre? That's genuinely the first time I've seen someone say something derogatory about his looks if so! Most women (I know you're not one) go nuts for him.

I know, he's the Spiral heart-throb.

Dullest character in it though.
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I can't understand why Joséphine is putting herself out so much for Thomas and co :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, he's the Spiral heart-throb.

Dullest character in it though.

Even though (or probably because) he looks like a male model, he isn't really my cup of tea - much prefer Samy and even Vincent is a bit of a grower.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    I can't understand why Joséphine is putting herself out so much for Thomas and co :confused:

She hates the police with a passion, presumably dating back to when she went to the police and told them her Father was beating her and they just took her straight back to him. My take is that is why she has such a determination to defend anyone the police are accusing, even domestic terrorists.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Interesting how french job titles are rendered into their british equivalents rather than direct translations, e.g Laure is Chief Inspector instead of Captain and references to the Lord Chancellor's office.

Perhaps they do that to make it easier for viewers to make the comparisons between the ranks and organisations
    Franglais wrote: »

Amr Waked who plays Yannis the (Greek??) anarchist with the walking stick seems to speak fairly good English

Not only has Pierre gone over to the Dark Side but Gilou has managed to set Amina on the path to corruption but getting her to help when he broke into the Sarahoui's boat.

Was Pujade the only honest policeman in the whole of Paris???