The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Quite a nice article on PopLedge about the Jedification of Canada :)

http://popledge.co.uk/2013/01/17/videos-jedward-woo-canada-and-release-happens-in-the-dark-clip/

Good stuff and there is a double spread in bliss magazine too
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, there's a lot of culling before the contestants even get to sing. I believe the X Factor process went like this for the Jeds:

1. Sent in the application form - and this might have included the video.
    2. Selected for the (non-televised) producers auditions in London - they find out via "the letter".
    3. In London, selected for the judges auditions in Glasgow.
    4. In Glasgow, selected for bootcamp.
    5. And you know how the rest of it goes! :)

Though the producers' audition and judges' audition should have been in the same city.....it's somewhat unclear how they ended up in Glasgow instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw Ireland have been drawn in the second half of Eurovision Semi 1 this year and the UK can vote for us this time :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The XF audition video? Didn't they just have to fill in a form and then audition live?

Hey I'm just relaying what Terry told me :D
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have facebook,...go tell Bliss mag how awesome it is to have Jedward in this weeks issue

https://www.facebook.com/blissmag?ref=ts&fref=ts#!/blissmag/posts/10151392223201212

And who you would like to see more of in future issues :)

http://www.facebook.com/blissmag?ref=stream#!/blissmag/posts/10151389180206212
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we haven't mentioned this here yet, the show the twins recorded with the other Much Music host will be aired tomorrow: https://twitter.com/phoebedykstra/status/291705363592527873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Btw Ireland have been drawn in the second half of Eurovision Semi 1 this year and the UK can vote for us this time :)

And the rumour mill is saying it's Girls Aloud featuring Will.I.Am for the UK! :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The twins will be guests in studio on Elev8 at 4pm tomorrow (17.00 CET) on RTE2 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The twins will be guests in studio on Elev8 at 4pm tomorrow (17.00 CET) on RTE2 :)

Thats great :) I don't think we can get it in the UK though, so hopefully somebody will Youtube it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Will it be on livestream rte tomorrow
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the rumour mill is saying it's Girls Aloud featuring Will.I.Am for the UK! :eek::D

If I read it right Will.I.Am can not sing so if this is true UK will again not get enough jury votes to finish on a great place, so I hope for someone else representing UK and I know it is mean to say but I hope for Ireland on ESC 2013 that they don´t make it into the final or that they finish on ESC final not better than on the 20 place(of course I mean this only as long as J&E will not sing (background) for Ireland)

I love J&E´s tweets today , they are all inspiring &so positive :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will it be on livestream rte tomorrow

Not sure yet JR....we'll know tomorrow when RTE publish their live schedule :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    If I read it right Will.I.Am can not sing so if this is true UK will again not get enough jury votes to finish on a great place, so I hope for someone else representing UK and I know it is mean to say but I hope for Ireland on ESC 2013 that they don´t make it into the final or that they finish on ESC final not better than on the 20 place(of course I mean this only as long as J&E will not sing (background) for Ireland)

I love J&E´s tweets today , they are all inspiring &so positive :)

He's definitely not a good singer but he's a very big name (as are Girls Aloud).....I think they would get a lot of media attention in the UK.

As for Ireland, don't forget Jedward did finish 8th in Eurovision so maybe that's the result we should be looking out for :)
  • AgeOfParanoiaAgeOfParanoia Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's definitely not a good singer but he's a very big name (as are Girls Aloud).....I think they would get a lot of media attention in the UK.

As for Ireland, don't forget Jedward did finish 8th in Eurovision so maybe that's the result we should be looking out for :)

Don't think Girls Aloud are that good at singing live either.
    Mind you, whoever we get, surely they will have to do better than 'the hump' !!!

And I also hope Ireland's entry does not do as well as the Jeds (sorry all Irish posters).

It certainly won't be as nerve racking or as interesting as the last two years have been (unless the boys turn up in some official capacity, of course).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think Girls Aloud are that good at singing live either.
    Mind you, whoever we get, surely they will have to do better than 'the hump' !!!

And I also hope Ireland's entry does not do as well as the Jeds (sorry all Irish posters).

It certainly won't be as nerve racking or as interesting as the last two years have been (unless the boys turn up in some official capacity, of course).

Though I'd use Jedward's 8th place finish in 2011 as the benchmark, not the 2012 one :)

I'm pretty sure we'll see a lot of the twins this year, perhaps on Eurosong itself and they'll definitely turn up in Malmo for Eurovision week IMO (perhaps even as part of the official Irish delegation).
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though the producers' audition and judges' audition should have been in the same city.....it's somewhat unclear how they ended up in Glasgow instead.

I believe they couldn't make the London date for judges auditions (a school commitment?) so they went to the Glasgow one instead.
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »

It's possible that Will.i.am won't actually perform on the song. He might just be involved as a songwriter, leaving the Girls to perform it. This scenario gives me hope for the UK! It would easily do better than the Hump, and possibly even better than Blue. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they couldn't make the London date for judges auditions (a school commitment?) so they went to the Glasgow one instead.

That makes sense alright :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's possible that Will.i.am won't actually perform on the song. He might just be involved as a songwriter, leaving the Girls to perform it. This scenario gives me hope for the UK! It would easily do better than the Hump, and possibly even better than Blue. :)

Him turning up on stage in Eurovision with the girls would be pretty cool though : it's not where you'd expect to see a big name US recording artist :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

These response just shows they are maturing giving in delph reasons why they are their top six albums
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read a lot of surprised people on Twitter saying they wasn't expecting that at all :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've read a lot of surprised people on Twitter saying they wasn't expecting that at all :cool:

The Guardian Music Twitter decided to RT it and its thrown people into total confusion...I love it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone has FaceBook and hasn't voted yet, then please can you do it now http://www.facebook.com/questions/356718807768612/

If the Jeds win, they will get asked to perform on the Italian voice :)
This discussion has been closed.