ITV launches new rebranding

Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
Forum Member
✭✭✭
No more ITV1 - new logos and colour schemes across all 5 channels previously announced back in November go live today ...and there are new News Studios too... Nice :cool:

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-rebrand-goes-live

Comments

• DATMANDATMAN Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched ITV lunchtime news. I don't like the new studio look - the newsdesk is too low and the hundreds of TV monitors in the background are distracting. :(
  • Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But at least it is a bit more down to normal size than the previous studio which was like a barn. Wonder when Freesat will change the channel names (ITV1,ITV1+1 & ITV1 HD)?
    BBC World News (non-Freesat) also re-branded from noon today when they started making their programmes in HD in the new BH studios in central London - no transmissions yet in HD though (in Europe) but this could just be a matter of time. It should result in better quality in SD though on BBC4 and BBC News for their take-up of BBC World News.
  • djmarkdjmark Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the previous Itv news set, prefer the new set.

The channel names have been changed on freesat now, The names changed earlier but then went back to ITV1 :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how much that cost them to design?

Why didn't they just run a school "Design an ITV logo competition" and saved themselves a fortune!

Or maybe they did?
  • AJRevittAJRevitt Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely, 112 using a Sheffield postcode has changed its name from ITV1+1 (Granada) to ITV+1 Border. :confused: Just checked the news and it's still Granada news though - which makes sense as I don't think there actually is a Border +1.

Us Freesat viewers in Yorkshire have always received the ITV Granada timeshift due to the Yorkshire timeshift being encrypted since it's inception. However, Yorkshire +1 went FTA in October, so I would have thought that would have replaced Granada+1 rather than being renamed Border +1 (which doesn't even exist). :confused:
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    AJRevitt wrote: »
    Strangely, 112 using a Sheffield postcode has changed its name from ITV1+1 (Granada) to ITV+1 Border. :confused: Just checked the news and it's still Granada news though - which makes sense as I don't think there actually is a Border +1.

Us Freesat viewers in Yorkshire have always received the ITV Granada timeshift due to the Yorkshire timeshift being encrypted since it's inception. However, Yorkshire +1 went FTA in October, so I would have thought that would have replaced Granada+1 rather than being renamed Border +1 (which doesn't even exist). :confused:

On Freesat, I'm getting no regional descriptors anymore in the label, which is a bit annoying...
  • AJRevittAJRevitt Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    On Freesat, I'm getting no regional descriptors anymore in the label, which is a bit annoying...

Yes, they've all been changed to just "ITV" with the exception of Border and Wales.

As for the ITV+1s, none of them had a regional tag before today, but 112 in the Border region is now "ITV +1 Border", which is very odd considering there isn't a Border +1, it's actually Granada +1. For some reason, I was also assigned "ITV Border +1" earlier this afternoon to 112 using my Sheffield postcode, but it appears to have now gone back to "ITV+1". It's still Granada though. Yorkshire +1 for whatever reason still isn't on the freesat EPG despite being FTA for several months.

EDIT: It's now "ITV+1" in Border itself now. It was definitely "ITV+1 Border" earlier.
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like only a month since they did their last rebranding, guess it keeps the marketing companies happy - personally I couldn't give a ****
  • blueplatinumblueplatinum Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they didn't use it as an opportunity to drop the now dates idea of displaying DOGS.

BBC1 HD looks so much better that ITV HD for this reason.
  • Manc-RedManc-Red Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me the logos look like s*it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manc-Red wrote: »

Designed by a 6 year old who was awarded £5.00 for their time!
  • spacepostmanspacepostman Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Freesat EPG appears to have been updated this afternoon, ITV1 is no more!

As for the dog, it's actually too small if you ask me I have to squint to see it so what is the point!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Will I have to watch ITV to notice?

Hmmm...

Maybe I'll catch their next re-design.
  • Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »
    Seems like only a month since they did their last rebranding, guess it keeps the marketing companies happy - personally I couldn't give a ****

It's actually 7 years- doesn't time fly!
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manc-Red wrote: »

Agreed, the previous ones were miles better. :p
  • leslie123leslie123 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have already posted in the Sky section about loss of regional id's.
  • White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the new look logos.

They just need some decent programming now.
  • JoddleJoddle Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why waste resouces on so called "re-branding" - someone gets to makes a mint for designing new logos - others get paid to decide on the "final look" and then we see ITV in a new style?- I don't think so. Nothing else of consequence has changed as far as the viewer is concerned - so it is a total waste of money.

All things being equal I would have thought the shareholders should be shouting for their money back; the viewers should compain that the money would better be spend on programme content; and the advertisers should complain that prices are already high enough without wasting money on this. It may ony be a small sum compared with other costs but in these hard times everyone needs to be thinking of keeping costs down. If it aint broke then don't fix it.....
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So will ITV be rebranding to ITV England after a year or so now the regions have been killed off?
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    So will ITV be rebranding to ITV England after a year or so now the regions have been killed off?

The regions have NOT been killed off - all that has happened is that the channel IDs no longer state which region they are. Probably a measure to appease advertisers (who after all do fund the channels) and make it more difficult for viewers to view different regions and miss the adverts that have been paid for in their region. The correct region should still be allocated to your postcode.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the new look logos.

Great for HD set up and viewing distance.

I expect there's a few watching ITV HD who don't even notice or are able to read the HD suffix on the new DOG.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    I don't completely buy the idea that ITV has deliberately done this because of the advertisers.

Most viewers outside of this forum will have their local ITV on satellite and will be happy with that. Viewers who have different regions stored will have gone through the bother of finding out the manual tuning details and finding out how non-Freesat mode (or Sky Other Channels) works - you have had to have gone out of your way to add the extra regions. If you're that determined to watch a different ITV region, then you'll be determined to note which ITV region is which in your extra channel line up.

As the regions mostly show the same programme, and different regional news programmes are still clearly marked via EPG entries so that the different variants can still be identified.

It's more likely that as part of the ITV rebrand, they've brought channel labelling on all platforms in line with each other.

Regional names have also been downgraded in the regional news programmes, with former regional names moved to the end of the regional news names.

Interesting that ITV Wales and ITV Border remain labelled - both regions under consideration in the C3 licence review.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's more likely that as part of the ITV rebrand, they've brought channel labelling on all platforms in line with each other.

I think that's probably correct, it's been 'ITV1' on DTT/Cable for years. Satellite was the only platform on which the regional names (now never used outside of local news) had been retained. The names are a thing of the past now; even the iconic Granada TV sign that used to light up the Manchester skyline has been removed.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The regions have NOT been killed off - all that has happened is that the channel IDs no longer state which region they are....
    I was being facetious. ITV PLC have been gradually reducing the individuality of each region to such an extent that it is only the local news and weather left to distinguish them. Removing their identity means we are moving into the final phase of ITV's game plan.
    ...Regional names have also been downgraded in the regional news programmes, with former regional names moved to the end of the regional news names.

Interesting that ITV Wales and ITV Border remain labelled - both regions under consideration in the C3 licence review.
    I rest my case!