Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• Holly_EvansHolly_Evans Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Being filmed riding a bike for charity on his tv show, only raised awareness for himself. If airing the programme, raised his target of £20,000 then him being filmed would have been justified. It didnt and he has still only raised 38% of his target.and 477 donations - even with his tv series.

Carl managed to raise 4121.18

There are other ways to donate that through Just giving....:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a celebrity sets a target of £20,000 and fails to achieve it, it would not be unreasonable for them to make up the difference for the charity

£7,665.00 raised with a target of £20,000, Whats he doing to make up the shortfall?
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand all charities rely on the goodness of people donating...my point is the same as yours... When is Andre going to do something himself.. Besides ask his fans to raise the money and then claim the plaudits when HE hands over a cheque..which will have his name all over it ..

These things have not happened yet, so how do you know this.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest you write to Blacksheep management and ask them for a breakdown of fees etc ...

Not wondering that badly Betty. Wouldnt waste a stamp. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a celebrity sets a target of £20,000 and fails to achieve it, it would not be unreasonable for them to make up the difference for the charity

£7,665.00 raised with a target of £20,000, Whats he doing to make up the shortfall?

Just giving only shows donations given via it.
    Any other money raised would not show up if donated in other ways eg directly to Peter, directly to the charity etc

And if there was a shortfall, who knows what he's doing?:)
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one implied the money donated to the foundation doesn't go to the charity it's conected too..

Well as anything good which Andre does seems to be turned on its head here.......make of it what you will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Not wondering that badly Betty. Wouldnt waste a stamp. :D

Though if she was to be transparent about how much and how she was donating money you wouldn't have to waste a stamp;)
    But she's said she is so I believe her, like I believe Peter is funding the buses:)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well as anything good which Andre does seems to be turned on it's head here.......make of it what you will.

When he DOES something worthy of praise he will get it..as he did when he did the bike ride.. But anyone can open a foundation in their name ...it's doing things to raise the money for that foundation that's important

I.e. Ronan Keating walking across Ireland.. Raising awareness and money ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all respect to Ronan his mum died in 1998 and so he has had 15 years to establish his foundation.
    Peter has had 8 months since his brothers death. These things take time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Where the fee for the programme to raise awareness went

A different zeleb a different situation, a different thread, so why compare :confused: is there really no one else you can use to cover his backside with :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched his tv series, he has a lot of overheads in managing/nannying him, for which he is paying..

Him having a stylist is unbelievable. She dessed him in a Wheres Wally t-shirt and he looked ridiculous checking into his presidential suite. Maybe saving on the stylist salary and getting Emily to dress him, would save some money.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having watched his tv series, he has a lot of overheads in managing/nannying him, for which he is paying..

Him having a stylist is unbelievable. She dessed him in a Wheres Wally t-shirt and he looked ridiculous checking into his presidential suite. Maybe saving on the stylist salary and getting Emily to dress him, would save some money.

Seemed a bit over the top for one night for a signing ... Wonder if he pays his brother for doing his hair etc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Filming son for "awareness" on own show.

Filming charity bike ride for "awareness" on own show.

One gets praised and applauded.

@%$£"£$

Some posters wonder why? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seemed a bit over the top for one night for a signing ... Wonder if he pays his brother for doing his hair etc?

My feeling is yes.

Ive never heard of the Alan Shearer foundation. He raised £135,000 from a ball. This is not an advertised event, but is clearly well organized to raise such a phenomenal amount.

http://www.alanshearerfoundation.org.uk/news/2012/alanShearerFoundationBall.php

Peter Andre is just disorganized and expects to receive donations. He really needs to appoint a fundraising manager (which he needs to pay himself), if he is going to align himself to charities and raise significant monies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Filming son for "awareness" on own show.

Filming charity bike ride for "awareness" on own show.

One gets praised and applauded.

@%$£"£$

Some posters wonder why? :)
    http://www.civilsociety.co.uk/governance/news/content/9931/katie_price_backs_mencap_campaign_against_disability_hate_crime

Theres just no comparison between this ^ and someone who filmed a bike ride to boost his ratings and as far as Im aware without reading back, did anyone actually bring KP into this as a positive comparison to PA ?
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As I'm sure you know, Bunny, there's a facility on justgiving to show all donations, online and offline, and anyone who asks the public to support a fundraising endeavour will make sure to document all donations as a courtesy to those who've supported them and of course to show that they've reached their target. It's as much for the supporters as anything else - the feelgood factor that they've helped a fundraiser to reach their target - plus it encourages them to support future fundraising endeavours as it shows the fundraiser takes their fundraising seriously.

To leave it hanging and open to question is not good practice.

And we're back to my original point and the one at the heart of this discussion - ie. the lack of clear info from him and the impression that he does things in a very half-hearted, half-arsed, apathetic manner. It's a shame because if it's the case that he did make up eg. the HIPZ shortfall - let's give him the benefit of the doubt for a minute - then that's fantastic for both him and HIPZ, and it should be publicised since the original pledge was a public one and was appealed for on a public donation platform.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    As I'm sure you know, Bunny, there's a facility on justgiving to show all donations, online and offline, and anyone who asks the public to support a fundraising endeavour will make sure to document all donations as a courtesy to those who have supported them and of course to show that they've reached their target. It's as much for the supporters as anything else - the feelgood factor that they've helped a fundraiser to reach their target - plus it encourages them to support future fundraising endeavours as it shows the fundraiser takes their fundraising seriously.

To leave it hanging and open to question is not good practice.

And we're back to my original point and the one at the heart of this discussion - ie. the lack of clear info from him and the impression that he does things in a very half-hearted, half-arsed, apathetic manner. It's a shame because if it's the case that he did make up the HIPZ shortfall - let's give him the benefit of the doubt for a minute - then that's fantastic for both for him and the charity and it should be publicised since the original pledge was a public one and was appealed for on a public donation platform.

So he will damned if he does and is damned if he doesnt. we all know that this is the way it works on this thread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    So he will damned if he does and is damned if he doesnt. we all know that this is the way it works on this thread

Exactly.

He could walk from John O' Groats to Lands End for charity and he'd never get praised.

I've no doubt someone would say he had a double that was doing it on his behalf.

Because he's lazy don't you know? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.

He could walk from John O' Groats to Lands End for charity and he'd never get praised.

I've no doubt someone would say he had a double that was doing it on his behalf.

Because he's lazy don't you know? :D

The poor, poor victimised soul :cry:
    Forum Member
    Cym wrote: »
    The poor, poor victimised soul :cry:

Only in some peoples imagination. in others he is a good bloke.
  • notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But why not just raise money for cancer research if that's where it's going anyway?
    Why have a 'middle man' foundation?

The other ones I've named raise money for various small cancer charities so I can see the point, but if it's just raising money for cancer research why jot do it direct?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    Only in some peoples imagination. in others he is a good bloke.

Im sure in the easily fooled he is ;)
    Forum Member
    Cym wrote: »
    Im sure in the easily fooled he is ;)

People are not easily fooled, that is why they dont take on board anything those who write derogatory remarks endlessly on this thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    notfussy wrote: »
    But why not just raise money for cancer research if that's where it's going anyway?
    Why have a 'middle man' foundation?

The other ones I've named raise money for various small cancer charities so I can see the point, but if it's just raising money for cancer research why jot do it direct?

JLS and Ronan's foundation raise money for cancer research I believe :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JLS and Ronan's foundation raise money for cancer research I believe :)

Yes, it does, as does the Caron Keating Foundation.

http://www.mariekeating.ie/
    http://www.caronkeating.org/

The JLS Foundation raises money for lots of different charities.

http://www.jlsfoundation.co.uk/

But as it's Peter Andre, he mustn't do things like that - it's not right. ;)
This discussion has been closed.