Options

Red Dot on C4

Brava 210Brava 210 Posts: 447
Forum Member
I Have noticed a red interactive dot on channel 4 ,but when i press red! nothing happens. Anyone else having this problem...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    yes, the "loading" message comes us, flashes for a moment, stays on for about a minute then disappears as if it was never there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    if it does that, switch the box off and then on again by the remote and then try again and it normally loads :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    yes the old pull the plug out and put it in again trick havnt seen that since 2003!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    ive tried that hundreds of times! i think it mite be a local problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Yeah, here in Bristol just get the loading panel for a while then nothing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Yep, same here in Cheltenham. Re-setting the STB made no difference, the service just says loading then simply disappears as does the red dot. If i pust the red button again nothing happens and worse still it gets stuck on channel 4 and the box locks up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by The Grim Reaper
    Yep, same here in Cheltenham. Re-setting the STB made no difference, the service just says loading then simply disappears as does the red dot. If i pust the red button again nothing happens and worse still it gets stuck on channel 4 and the box locks up!

I have come across this before also - however, did you try pressing the TV button, as you may have actually switched the box into interactive mode, just that there was no application displayed.

Pressing TV should revert to normal mode and hey presto your buttons all work again (well at least they did last time it happened to me).:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Do you have the middle led on ie a return path
  • Options
    Brava 210Brava 210 Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    yes return led is on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I reported this in the blueyonder.support.digitaltv newsgroup and they have escalated it to somewhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    the red dot on c4 is a waste of time anyway (well it was last time I checked)
    there is a stylish interface with content. EG: A button marked "BBLB" leads to some blurb about the program " hosted by dermot thingy ... etc." a button marked "big brother website" tells you that there is a big brother website and what may be on it. Oh and a couple of pay to play games. bad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If anyone still cannot access the red button on CH4 there is a thread in blueyonder.support.digitaltv newsgroup about this titled 'Channel 4 red dot broken'. There are three tickets raised on this for bristol/gloucs users, but if more report this issue then an umbrella ticket can be raised.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by fakename
    the red dot on c4 is a waste of time anyway (well it was last time I checked)
    there is a stylish interface with content. EG: A button marked "BBLB" leads to some blurb about the program " hosted by dermot thingy ... etc." a button marked "big brother website" tells you that there is a big brother website and what may be on it. Oh and a couple of pay to play games. bad

I was about to post a message to the same effect. I dread to think about the service once BB has gone.

The ability to access the live streams and vote on C4 would be nice if it was within one of those tabs, and games on TW are hopeless anyway :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all text and 2 worthless games and the Vote still is not working after 3 weeks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Hello. I am having a little trouble with C4 Active. Frankly its not working. It worked on the first day it was on there and now, it doesn't work at all. The "please wait, loading" message appears, then dissappears and you cant move up or down channels until you press OK or TV. Its stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by sammyc
    Hello. I am having a little trouble with C4 Active. Frankly its not working. It worked on the first day it was on there and now, it doesn't work at all. The "please wait, loading" message appears, then dissappears and you cant move up or down channels until you press OK or TV. Its stupid.

See my post above. Please report this, the more that do the better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so, the purpose of the C4 red button is to apparently allow people to VOTE and to play games.

but, we can't VOTE and the games a crap and slow and a rubbish compared to the SKY chicken feed game

Are we going to get the channel 4 vote option or not?
  • Options
    Carlos_NomadCarlos_Nomad Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by rossgreig1
    so, the purpose of the C4 red button is to apparently allow people to VOTE and to play games.

but, we can't VOTE and the games a crap and slow and a rubbish compared to the SKY chicken feed game

Are we going to get the channel 4 vote option or not?

The games work fine for me, load more or less straight away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Gadget Fiend
    See my post above. Please report this, the more that do the better.

I'm another one in the Bristol area the C4 red button doesn't work for. Who should I report it to? Phone Telewest services?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Since BB has finished I have noticed that the RED DOT on channel 4 has also disappeared (not that it worked for me anyway). Will it be coming back sometime?