Problems with 3 Network ?

GlenskiGlenski Posts: 264
Forum Member
Hello

I have recently upgraded to a Sony Ericsson W995 from a Nokia N95, and find that i have had numerous network issues with '3' ??? very low signal strength, loss of 3G and the dreaded 'Emergency Calls Only' !!!

I never had this problem on '3' with my Nokia N95...

I visited a local '3' store, only to be told that their network has been having issues over the last few weeks, and it is something they are aware of and many other '3' customers have also complained !!

Well this is not good enough - why were we not informed ? why was their website not updated or customers told of this ?

Is anyone else on '3' having the same issues with the network or indeed their mobile phones or a Sony Ericsson W995 ?

It seems really strange to me !!! i feel that i am being fobbed off, and that there is either an issue with my mobile phone, or the phone itself has bad coverage/antenna to pick up the '3' network and all it's features ?

The locations i get the problems are within:

Maidstone, Aylesham, Canterbury, the Medway Towns, mainly areas where i use my mobile the most - it beginning to becoma a pain in the a**e !!

Anyone else have any feedback on this, please post it here.

Thank you

Glenski

p.s. i no longer have my Nokia N95 to see if it is the network !!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I've noticed any problems at all with the network here in Leicester, nor in Birmingham the other day. However, my last handset was a Sony Ericsson (K660i), and it was atrocious at getting a decent signal. So I'd put my money on it being your handset that's the problem.
  • nockie3nockie3 Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the phone - guaranteed :rolleyes:

Send it back and ask for a decent one!
    Honestly, take your pick from any other phone model!!
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a former 3 contract user and a current PAYG customer I can confirm I have had poor experience with signal and call reliability on 3 with a variety of handsets including Nokia, LG, Motorola and Samsung. Best phone I have ever used on 3 was the 3 Skypephone and it was the cheapest!

Plenty of evidence to support that coverage and call reliability seems still to be a big issue with feedback on independent review sites. Hope the link below is helpful.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews12640.html
  • battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'll teach you to get rid of your Nokia :p
  • GlenskiGlenski Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    battlezone wrote: »
    That'll teach you to get rid of your Nokia :p

LOL ... Yes indeed, i've always had Nokias and have had no problems with the '3' network using them, but decided a change because i did not like the Nokia N97 and all the reviews of the phone !! the Sony looked impressive, but we shall see.

Thanks

Glenski
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I had problems when I went from my trusty old Nokia 6120 classic to a SE W595 - only ever seemed to get a decent 3G signal when outside. The local three shop said that the 6120 had very good reception (implying the SE didn't!).

Anyway, about a month ago the signal was particularly rubbish and then about two weeks ago it suddenly improved and now my phone consistently has at least two bars and a nice fat 'H' for the faster type of 3G, so must have be upgrading the network around here.

I was also told that reception on SE phones often improves as the firmware is improved and updated.
  • battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been with 3 from just about the beginning. I used to get the p*ss taken out of me. People used to say it was called 3 because that's how many minutes the battery would last or that's how many times it would take to get a successful call etc. etc!

Anyway, over the years it has improved tremendously. I started off with a NEC then progressed to Ericsson then when the Nokia's became available went back to them (had Nokia on other networks). I've just received my N97 and at first I was a bit dubious, but after trying it out (off line) during the two week grace period I got to like it. Have now took the plunge and put the SIM in so now I'm stuck for 18 months. But. Hey! Ho! Who cares! I'm happy!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glenski wrote: »
    Hello

I have recently upgraded to a Sony Ericsson W995 from a Nokia N95, and find that i have had numerous network issues with '3' ??? very low signal strength, loss of 3G and the dreaded 'Emergency Calls Only' !!!

I never had this problem on '3' with my Nokia N95...

I visited a local '3' store, only to be told that their network has been having issues over the last few weeks, and it is something they are aware of and many other '3' customers have also complained !!

Well this is not good enough - why were we not informed ? why was their website not updated or customers told of this ?

Is anyone else on '3' having the same issues with the network or indeed their mobile phones or a Sony Ericsson W995 ?

It seems really strange to me !!! i feel that i am being fobbed off, and that there is either an issue with my mobile phone, or the phone itself has bad coverage/antenna to pick up the '3' network and all it's features ?

The locations i get the problems are within:

Maidstone, Aylesham, Canterbury, the Medway Towns, mainly areas where i use my mobile the most - it beginning to becoma a pain in the a**e !!

Anyone else have any feedback on this, please post it here.

Thank you

Glenski

p.s. i no longer have my Nokia N95 to see if it is the network !!

I've got exactly the same problems and I can't seem to find anywhere that helps. I would consider keeping on using my N95 but the W995 won't operate without a sim card. The wi-fi connection seems to be non-existant even at home and I've no idea whether it's using the wi-fi or the 3 signal, which is pants. Really annoyed.:(