Options

Last night's musical score

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
Forum Member
Anyone else think last night's musical score was as stunning as I did? Murray Gold is a bit of a genius but last night well he excelled himself, particularly with the Ood score.

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousRAnonymousR Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Yea it was brilliant, I'm surprised we don't have a thread every week to discuss the music!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the score, it's part of what has made DW great.
  • Options
    lovelylissalovelylissa Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's going to be a proms which has Murray Gold's music as part of it :)http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/2008/whatson/2707.shtml#prom13

Can't wait!:)
  • Options
    Blackhorse47Blackhorse47 Posts: 4,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've commented on the scores before and I'm a lone, tone-deaf voice on this obviously. But I hate the DW scores. They're intrusive and tedious. Stock exciting music for the exciting bits, plinky-plonky quirky bits for the amusing bits... it's all so predictable and to me appears to be the same sort of nonsense every week. The sooner they stop trying to get a regular annual show at the proms and concentrate on having unintrusive background music that stays in the background the better as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    There's going to be a proms which has Murray Gold's music as part of it :)http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/2008/whatson/2707.shtml#prom13

Can't wait!:)

yeah it says on the DW website that its hosted by FA in July, and there's other music related to space.

MG is genius, and I hope there'll be a TW soundtrack:D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've commented on the scores before and I'm a lone, tone-deaf voice on this obviously. But I hate the DW scores. They're intrusive and tedious. Stock exciting music for the exciting bits, plinky-plonky quirky bits for the amusing bits... it's all so predictable and to me appears to be the same sort of nonsense every week. The sooner they stop trying to get a regular annual show at the proms and concentrate on having unintrusive background music that stays in the background the better as far as I'm concerned.

:eek:-gives evils-:mad:

you're the first person I know to hate it! how can you not like roses theme/ doomsday! -proves point- I'm listening to it right now so there:D:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Actually I'm slightly with Blackhorse on this one...when they do it right its very good but I do find it a bit too intrusive on occasion. So although I don't HATE it I do find it occasionally annoying
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Btw you see if DW isnt nearly as good without the music
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    afraid as much as the score was beautiful the Ood song sounded like they are part of the boys choir at Christchurch. would have been better imho if he had made it slightly more 'alien'....
  • Options
    The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    afraid as much as the score was beautiful the Ood song sounded like they are part of the boys choir at Christchurch. would have been better imho if he had made it slightly more 'alien'....

I know what you mean, and you're not the first person to say it should have sounded more alien, but...

When was the last time you heard an alien sing? Do you know what it would sound like? Maybe it would be surprisingly human? :D

Actually, I can give you an idea...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Slug wrote: »
    I know what you mean, and you're not the first person to say it should have sounded more alien, but...

When was the last time you heard an alien sing? Do you know what it would sound like? Maybe it would be surprisingly human? :D

Actually, I can give you an idea...

he he he!

not disputing the beauty of the piece Slug. just didn't seem to fit.
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member

They sounded almost human when they spoke. So why wouldn't they sound human when they sang? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I am so focused on the show I never really listen to the music,

The song that had me was 'Doomsday' don't know why just summed up the sadness and Rose for me, I also liked the music for Rose in series one with the singing:).