Options

iPod Video, Fuji FinePix camera and SE K800i working together?!

OK heres the lowdown. I am going travelling, so will be taking lots of pictures that I want to backup along the way. I also want to listen to music when im bored, so im looking to kill two birds with one stone.

I have been looking about the net and I am thinking about getting an iPod Video (http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.aspx?sku=325810&cks=ASS&assoc=8070E5CC-28EB-433D-8345-6176BFE08D72), then a camera connector (http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?pg=1&mco=C6C85707&productLearnMore=M9861&nplm=M9861) to transfer/backup the pictures from my Fuji FinePix directly to the iPod - saving having multiple memory cards.

Thing is, I will also be taking pictures using my SE K800i mobile, so does anyone know if mobiles are compatible with this sort of connector?

Also, does the above sound like a reasonable way of going about things, or could I do better?!

Comments

• Options
    WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    I would say its highly highly unlikely to work with the K800 -

a) I struggle to even get photos onto a PC from the phone - its seriously buggy.

b) Photos on the K800 are stored in the depths of a folder, and the ipod wouldn't know what to look for. I've found you can't even charge your k800 off one of these USB adaptors - it needs a PC or mac to do anything.
  • Options
    BugPowderDustBugPowderDust Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weeksy wrote: »
    I would say its highly highly unlikely to work with the K800 -

a) I struggle to even get photos onto a PC from the phone - its seriously buggy.

b) Photos on the K800 are stored in the depths of a folder, and the ipod wouldn't know what to look for. I've found you can't even charge your k800 off one of these USB adaptors - it needs a PC or mac to do anything.

Sorry, but that's totally wrong.

I have had a K800 for over a year. Getting files off the phone is a piece of cake. Plug phone in, choose File Transfer mode, let the PC detect the phone (no drivers needed on XP SP2), and hey presto it's mapped as a removeable drive. Nothing could be simpler.

And you CAN charge your phone from the supplied USB adaptor, just put it in that same File Transfer mode and it charges.

If none of the above works for you, maybe you need to update your phone firmware?
  • Options
    WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member

I have had a K800 for over a year. Getting files off the phone is a piece of cake. Plug phone in, choose File Transfer mode, let the PC detect the phone (no drivers needed on XP SP2), and hey presto it's mapped as a removeable drive. Nothing could be simpler.

And you CAN charge your phone from the supplied USB adaptor, just put it in that same File Transfer mode and it charges.

If none of the above works for you, maybe you need to update your phone firmware?

Ok sorry, didn't mean to give the wrong info.

I've had a LOT of problems getting it to connect personally - maybe a firmware update is in order.

However I am still not convinced you could copy from the phone to a iPod.
  • Options
    jammersjammers Posts: 4,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have problems with this - it charges extreamly slowly - a couple of hours seems to add 2 or 3% to the battery life. It is also the only thing that will cause a kernal panic on my Mac.

I prefer to transfer and sync via Bluetooth.
  • Options
    BugPowderDustBugPowderDust Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jammers wrote: »
    I have problems with this - it charges extreamly slowly - a couple of hours seems to add 2 or 3% to the battery life. It is also the only thing that will cause a kernal panic on my Mac.

I have heard rumours that you need to install the drivers to get the phone to charge 'properly' from the USB port, but I only charge my phone once in a blue moon from my laptop, and it seems to charge OK when I do... but I am usually doing an emergency charge, and never waiting for it to be full
  • Options
    jammersjammers Posts: 4,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard rumours that you need to install the drivers to get the phone to charge 'properly' from the USB port, but I only charge my phone once in a blue moon from my laptop, and it seems to charge OK when I do... but I am usually doing an emergency charge, and never waiting for it to be full

Drivers for the Mac from SE - lol and pigs may fly lol.

The file transfer stuff and that works via cable but sync only works via iSync and Bluetooth and with the Kernal Panics it causes I rarely use the cable anyway.

Role on iPhone :-)