9/11 crashed plane's landing gear found in New York.

manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After almost 12 years, NYPD have found what they believe to be the landing gear from one of the planes which hit the WTC., wedged between two buildings.

From BBC News.

"New York Police have found part of the landing gear of what is believed to be one of jets flown into the World Trade Center on 11 September 2001.

The five-foot piece of metal, including a clearly visible Boeing identification number, was found wedged between two New York City buildings, police said.

It was found on Wednesday by surveyors inspecting a lower Manhattan building."

Comments

• manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing that debris is still being found after all this time.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another nail in the coffin for conspricey theorists
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »

Yeah. Wonder what all those who say that no planes crashed that day will say. Oh wait, maybe it's just been planted? :D :rolleyes:
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really?

"Oh they just happened to find it now after all this time?"
    "How come no one spotted it before?"
    "Its obviously been put there as we are getting too close to the trooth now"
    "More and more people are waking up to this lie ... rant ... gibber ... froth"
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I read this and I'm astounded. It's very interesting (imo), not in a conspiracy theory kind of way, just the fact that they are still finding debris all these years later. Amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read this and I'm astounded. It's very interesting (imo), not in a conspiracy theory kind of way, just the fact that they are still finding debris all these years later. Amazing.

Agreed. It's fascinating. I once read that it's thought there are still human remains lodged in odd places like this one, between buildings etc, where no-one ever thought to look then.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If only.

Sadly those "nutjobs" will doubtless come up with some crackpot theory that this evidence has been planted there by CIA, FBI; and would have been spotted years ago had it been there from the get go.......
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member

Not really. Only those who believe nothing ever hit the building in the first place. To those who believe that 9/11 was planned by the Government, I'd imagine it shall mean nothing in particular.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too, seems bizarre as you would have expected the whole area to have been gone over with a fine tooth comb so how come such a large piece has only just been found :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite a small gap. Here is a link to the story. This gives a slightly different perspective.

Police have taken photographs and are keeping it off-limits until a health assessment has been made by the medical examiner's office.

After that, NYPD Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne said "a decision will be made concerning sifting the soil for possible human remains".

NYPD said the landing gear was found after surveyors hired by the property owner inspecting the rear of 51 Park Place called police on Wednesday.

Analysts suggest a full exploration of the site may require some demolition work on the two buildings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22319253
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Hold on a minute, how on Earth is this a setback for the conspiracy theorists? I think most of them ACCEPT that Planes hit the buildings in New York!

It's the PENTAGON that the conspiracy theorists are worried about and of course the mysterious collapse of building 7, come on people get it right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Hold on a minute, how on Earth is this a setback for the conspiracy theorists? I think most of them ACCEPT that Planes hit the buildings in New York!

It's the PENTAGON that the conspiracy theorists are worried about and of course the mysterious collapse of building 7, come on people get it right.

Some claim they are holograms:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes but some think there were no large passenger jets that crashed in to the WTC that day, only missiles or small drone planes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

Yeah, images superimposed later on to the news pictures from the time.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

there's load of youtube videos saying they were military jets... God knows what they came up as a excuse for the noted passengers on board
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

That must be the very extreme fringe of the theorists ideas, but most thankfully are not like that.

There are till questions about the Pentagon crash that have to be answered as well as the mysterious collapse of building 7, the New York plane strikes however are not the subject of conspiracy but the way the buildings fell after impact is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there's load of youtube videos saying they were military jet... God knows what they came up as a excuse for the noted passengers on board

Apparently they were well paid-off and given new identities. :rolleyes:
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Oh lawdy, dis gonna be good.

*pours a whisky, sits back and waits*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    *pours a whisky, sits back and waits*

Get comfy, could get interesting. :D
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So i wonder where the landing gear on the two other planes that crashed ?? And why has not any piece of the plane that hit the federal building carpark been shown? and does seem strange that both of those aircraft suddenly crashed ,especially the one that hit the car park was in fact less than 20 ft long ,so you may ask what happened to the rest of it ?. Well i can tell you it was destroyed before it hit the ground and not by internal explosion either..
    Also the plane that was taken over (alledged) by its passengers .how??
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Me too, seems bizarre as you would have expected the whole area to have been gone over with a fine tooth comb so how come such a large piece has only just been found :confused:

I said that to my OH just now. The way they put circles on an aerial map of the area and go "outwards" with larger circles. Surely they would have done this to find debris.

Fascinating.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    So i wonder where the landing gear on the two other planes that crashed ?? And why has not any piece of the plane that hit the federal building carpark been shown? and does seem strange that both of those aircraft suddenly crashed ,especially the one that hit the car park was in fact less than 20 ft long ,so you may ask what happened to the rest of it ?. Well i can tell you it was destroyed before it hit the ground and not by internal explosion either..

You been nicking my whisky?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That must be the very extreme fringe of the theorists ideas, but most thankfully are not like that.

There are till questions about the Pentagon crash that have to be answered as well as the mysterious collapse of building 7, the New York plane strikes however are not the subject of conspiracy but the way the buildings fell after impact is.

Jet fuel weakened the towers is what we believe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Personally I don't believe the passengers caused it to crash. Think it was shot down but they've just never admitted it.
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite astounded that there are 5 suspects still in Guantanamo Bay awaiting a trial.

This find is quite astonishing. I was reading the other day how they still sift through rubble to find the remains of people for their families.