Options

ibiza 2014

mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
Forum Member
✭✭
anyone been? whats the clubs like? any new exciting dj's?

Comments

• Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Listen to kiss on digital tonight from 8pm there live in ibiza with some big name sets, a must if anyones staying in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Listen to kiss on digital tonight from 8pm there live in ibiza with some big name sets, a must if anyones staying in.

tbh im more interested in new dj's, think the big names now have possibly become lame, playing commercial stuff to the crowds and even paris flippin hilton has a (well paid) set >:(

possibly new fresh dj's who are brimming with newer ideas might be better?...
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    possibly new fresh dj's who are brimming with newer ideas might be better?...

There aren't going to be any DJs with new "ideas". Especially not in Ibiza. If you want cutting edge music you're frankly better off going clubbing in London than Ibiza (UK garage, grime, dubstep, UK funky, 2-step all originated from London).

There are hundreds of genres now, so there's not much demand for any new ones. And anytime a new genre is created it's usually just a variation of an old one. So that's why I think there'll be no new genres that will make it big from Ibiza.

However, I'm sure there'll be some good songs played, although the cheesy euro-dance stuff really isn't my kind of thing...
  • Options
    dreamfishdreamfish Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got back. MK played a blinding couple of sets in Space. I was surprised how good Zoo Project was but the folk in there were young. Loads of house music being played which impressed me. Deep house, vocal house. I tended to stay away from the commercial shit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    There aren't going to be any DJs with new "ideas". Especially not in Ibiza. If you want cutting edge music you're frankly better off going clubbing in London than Ibiza (UK garage, grime, dubstep, UK funky, 2-step all originated from London).

There are hundreds of genres now, so there's not much demand for any new ones. And anytime a new genre is created it's usually just a variation of an old one. So that's why I think there'll be no new genres that will make it big from Ibiza.

However, I'm sure there'll be some good songs played, although the cheesy euro-dance stuff really isn't my kind of thing...

im not thinking of new genres, im more thinking about what the white isle has to offer and if there is anything happening. i dont like those styles you mentioned much/at all.

ive heard deep house is big, (as confirmed by the above post) and xtreme is pretty good.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    im not thinking of new genres, im more thinking about what the white isle has to offer and if there is anything happening. i dont like those styles you mentioned much/at all.

ive heard deep house is big, (as confirmed by the above post) and xtreme is pretty good.

Yeah, deep house has been dominating the charts the past 18 months, so not surprising it's played at Ibiza (although it's very chilled-out, relaxing and mellow compared to the dance music usually associated with Ibiza).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Such a shame what ibiza has become now... Used to be a counter-culture mekkha, not its just saturated with brit lad culture