Simpsons tapped out

Comments

• PuckyPucky Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    I know that situation, every time new content comes out I have to store some of the standard houses that I was cash/XP farming with when I first started playing.

I can get rid of some as they're there for cash farming, but I have plenty of cash & XP now so don't need to worry about that too much. I can have a small re-jig to change things around a bit and remove some of the "fillers" I have but I do think that in the end I will have to start again!
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to start again but always think if I do then an event will be released or a level update where I need things. Sometimes wish EA would release a schedule so we know when there is going to be downtime.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I need some downtime, there's so much new content and I need time to really sort out my town!

Also what level is everyone on for the Monsarno building and Herbicide? I'm torn if I should keep upgrading now...
  • MimiMoonlightMimiMoonlight Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain what the point of this money mountain thing is? I don't want to waste all my saved up money on it if all I get at the end is yet another item to take up a lot of space in my town and a new costume for Mr Burns! I've just done to second level (which cost 10,000!) and now it wants me to put another 15,000 into it!
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Also what level is everyone on for the Monsarno building and Herbicide? I'm torn if I should keep upgrading now...

I'm on levels 16 and 15 respectfully. I have a task to craft Gas and Grub but not that bothered about getting it.
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    Just got the money mountain thing. This has come out of nowhere.

Why can't EA release one thing at a time? It's all counter productive to try and keep up with one event while another one is draining money/time/characters.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    Just got the money mountain thing. This has come out of nowhere.

Why can't EA release one thing at a time? It's all counter productive to try and keep up with one event while another one is draining money/time/characters.

It's 100 tasks costing $5.5million, so it's going to take time to do anyway.
    Forum Member
    I hadn't added it all up, but I can at least afford to do it, even if it was all in one go!

Annoyingly though, or perhaps more fairly, It seems to be leaving time between the tasks. I completed the $10,000 task but it won't let me go right to the next one.
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't added it all up, but I can at least afford to do it, even if it was all in one go!

Annoyingly though, or perhaps more fairly, It seems to be leaving time between the tasks. I completed the $10,000 task but it won't let me go right to the next one.

Yeah, I thought mine glitched, but it's back on track now.

I think EA have realised a lot of people pay for donuts outsdie of the correct channels to speed things up. By adding a time staggered unlocks to events and tasks it gives EA more control again.
    Forum Member
    I am not sure if mine has glitched. It won't let me send Burns to throw any more money, yet when I tap on the money pile it gives me the option to send Burns to add more money. I've sent him on another task for now to see if it triggers the money pit again.

I have no donuts at all, I don't bother with them, but the money is mine, I have earned that by playing the game religiously since day 1, so I wouldn't mind that on a task which actually needs high amounts of money, actually being able to send it! :D
  • grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mines glitched, well maybe not so much glitched but broken. I used to run a hacked version which gave loads of doughnuts, ive gone back to the official version but I'm stuck with not being able to build the hospital. Ive looked at the running order to get it but it wont work.
    Forum Member
    It appears that the Money Mountain glitch is known to EA but it doesn't affect everyone. If you're unable to send Burns to throw money then you're also affected. They are working on it apparently.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the money thing seems a bit pointless..all for a vest? ha

see...my...vest
    Forum Member
    My 'senior' group have just lost their task at Monsarno - has this happened to anyone else?
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I've never failed a task, didn't think it was possible!
    Forum Member
    Pucky wrote: »
    Nope, I've never failed a task, didn't think it was possible!

Sorry, I meant the task has vanished off the task list! Still hasn't reappeared this morning (it was called something like 'don't care about the future')
    Forum Member
    Dont care about the future is still there for me and the Burns Money Mountain also works properly too.

I've decided I'm saving up for the Gas n Gulp or whatever it's called and the farmers market. I want something interesting out of this event!

I have enough for a cane field and Monsaro wall, but they both seem pointless.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've decided I'm saving up for the Gas n Gulp or whatever it's called and the farmers market. I want something interesting out of this event!

All I'm after is all the Terwilligers - I'm not really fussed about the craftable things.
    Forum Member
    Yet another thing that requires levels!

I don't think this event actually wants us to craft anything!
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the farmers market a while ago and am about 800 DNAs away from gas and grub so will get that before I do any more upgrading.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I'm not upgrading the opera house, I've had enough of just upgrading.. I actually want to craft some items. Aiming to get farmers market, gas and old simpsons boat by the time the event ends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Hey just Looking for neighbours

Craigius666

Feel free to add me :-)
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member

Craigius666

Added you! :D
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Craigius666

Hi-diddly-ho neighbourino
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member

Really wish i had thought about doing this sooner!!
    Forum Member
    I've added you now too.

I finally crafted the Farmers Market. Now I am looking set to get the gas n gulp and the Simpsons House Boat (although both probably at the expense of the decoy Homer) before this event ends.