rake us pace

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
This looks really good, anyone else going to be tuning in?

Trailer

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIf6MgnY9_I

Comments

• ninz39ninz39 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch the Australian one which this is based on its superb!! This is gonna have to go some to beat that
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ninz39 wrote: »
    Watch the Australian one which this is based on its superb!! This is gonna have to go some to beat that

I'd second that, the original was just perfect. I'll give the Fox version a go, but I don't have great hopes I'm afraid
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,808
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    I'd second that, the original was just perfect. I'll give the Fox version a go, but I don't have great hopes I'm afraid

My feeling exactly. I love the original and am looking forward to season 3 which starts on 23 Jan in Australia. Hopefully I will be watching it sometime over the weekend. :cool:
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »
    My feeling exactly. I love the original and am looking forward to season 3 which starts on 23 Jan in Australia. Hopefully I will be watching it sometime over the weekend. :cool:
    Thanks for the heads-up on Australian season 3, for some reason I had it in my head that there was going to be a longer delay after season 2... really looking forward to it now!

I'll give the US version a try, too, there are lots of ways they could take the basic storyline...
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the heads-up on Australian season 3, for some reason I had it in my head that there was going to be a longer delay after season 2... really looking forward to it now!

I'll give the US version a try, too, there are lots of ways they could take the basic storyline...

My apologies, the information I found previously regarding the air date for Rake Season 3 was not correct.

I have now found out that the actual premiere date is set for February 9.
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Just giving the US version a go now doesn't seem too bad.

Are you aware your drivers licence is out of date?
    Yes I had a birthday.
    2 years ago?
    Yes that one.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that the US Pilot is being shown later as Fox wanted to air a stronger episode first. Fox has to be the worst network out there for sticking with shows and helping them.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you haven't seen the original then the American remake will be epic
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you haven't seen the original then the American remake will be epic

If you have, it will look a bit pale in comparison.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ironjade wrote: »
    If you have, it will look a bit pale in comparison.
    I think you're right - all the time I was watching, I couldn't
    help thinking "If I hadn't seen the original, I'd really be enjoying this"... empirically it seems fine, I'm just not sure how long I'll stick with it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder for fans of the original, season 3 started today

As mentioned by Gillypoots:
    My apologies, the information I found previously regarding the air date for Rake Season 3 was not correct.

I have now found out that the actual premiere date is set for February 9.
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    Just a reminder for fans of the original, season 3 started today

As mentioned by Gillypoots:

I thoroughly enjoyed the opening episode of season 3 of this great Aussie series.

I really can't imagine that the US version will overall ever be able to match the original.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed the opening episode of season 3 of this great Aussie series.

I really can't imagine that the US version will overall ever be able to match the original.

Just watched the first two episodes, it's so so much better than the US version, I'd forgotten how much I love it