Options

Wil you still be interested

year 1957year 1957 Posts: 212
Forum Member
DS birthday`s

Just been looking at the DS birthdays list and was surprised at the age of some of the
members on here especialy PEACH45 and JOLLY OLI the first is 101 and the second
is 94, i find this really heartening and hope i will still be interested in the world around me when and if i reach such an advanced age.

I am in my early 50`s and i feel old already PEACH45 and JOLLY OLI , make me think
i should rethink my perspective and get engaged in life again and stop thinking it`s all
over.

Any way i wish them a very happy birthday, and ask the question do you think you will still be interested at their age:)

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Unless they find some way of remaining healthy and being able to actually live a life, I wouldn't want to live until 101. I can't imagine anything worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    year 1957 wrote: »
    DS birthday`s

Just been looking at the DS birthdays list and was surprised at the age of some of the
    members on here especialy PEACH45 and JOLLY OLI the first is 101 and the second
    is 94, i find this really heartening and hope i will still be interested in the world around me when and if i reach such an advanced age.

I am in my early 50`s and i feel old already PEACH45 and JOLLY OLI , make me think
    i should rethink my perspective and get engaged in life again and stop thinking it`s all
    over.

Any way i wish them a very happy birthday, and ask the question do you think you will still be interested at their age:)

You don't think those are their real ages do you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unless they find some way of remaining healthy and being able to actually live a life, I wouldn't want to live until 101. I can't imagine anything worse.

You will probably change your mind when you are 100.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You will probably change your mind when you are 100.;-)

I doubt it. I haven't even hit a quarter of that and I wake up in the morning sometimes wondering why I bother with my plethora of health issues lol.
  • Options
    year 1957year 1957 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    You don't think those are their real ages do you?

Don`t know to be honest,but if true it is impressive.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    year 1957 wrote: »
    Don`t know to be honest,but if true it is impressive.:)

Oh yes I agree if it is true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I doubt it. I haven't even hit a quarter of that and I wake up in the morning sometimes wondering why I bother with my plethora of health issues lol.

Ahhhhhhhh sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    How do we know they are both still living? Just saying...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahhhhhhhh sorry to hear that.

Lol no worries, even if I was healthy I would probably feel the same. I'm not having kids, I will likely/most definitely have killed my fella off in the next twenty years so I'll be all alone and stuck in a care home. Screw that lol.

If there was a way to keep people healthy (like I think we should just come up with a way to replace organs fully with artificial ones, probably wouldn't work but if it could then it might allow us to be healthier in older age) then I might go for it but other than that, I can't see it being much fun myself.
  • Options
    sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do we know they are both still living? Just saying...

True, social media and all our internet log ins won't know when we die! Perhaps there should be a section in wills for such things : passwords to stuff so people can 'deactivate' you!?