Options

ipod touch shipping date

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    This month has gone rather slowly ever since I ordered an ipod touch. I guess I'm pretty sad. :p
  • Options
    PR.PR. Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still thinking about cancelling mine. The issue with the negative screen really concerns me as I want to be able to watch films and tv shows on it.

Lack of lyrics is also irritating, seems a step backward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Just looked at my amazon account for my pre order. says stock is in 24th and will be with me on the 25th as i asked 4 next day delivery
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    both the 8gb and 16gb are available (unless they are already sold out) in ALL UK Apple Stores today and Today some people in the US had their iPod touches shipped (with FedEx) , so if they are making their way to england and online orders in the US are starting to ship cant be too long before online orders start arriving.
  • Options
    Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    When will the ipod touch be available in Pcworld?

My current nano is faulty so i may need to take it back and see what they say ;):D
  • Options
    mitchell2k4mitchell2k4 Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    i spoke to the Online Apple Store today who said they will be getting stocks this weekend - however they will not ship until the 28th.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I'm really wanting to get an ipod touch. Ever since the iphone was revealed in the US I've wanted to have the iPod features that are on it.

I just wish it came with more memory, oh well. :)

Has any one here got an iPod touch yet? I'm really tempted to go through to the Glasgow Apple store to get one. I wonder why apple are happy to sell them already in-store but not to start shipping early on the online store?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive heard that all apple stores have them in stock now however, they are not fully stocked and the stock is still trickling in in small batches. However they are arriving every 2nd day at the main uk stores. Now we are in the same situation as the US, Why sell them first in stores? if we knew that alot of people would have waited to get one from a store
    however...

Who actually lives near an apple store? My nearest is 2 hours by car. Some cities you would expect to have them, dont!
    I know apple stores are seen as "exclusive" but why cant we have them in every major city like other small retailers! e.g Game, Gamestation etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Waiting for pc world! ARGHH

Currys have them on their website.

When will they be in store at pc world?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Placed my order with the apple online store on the night they were announced (5th September). My online order status thing now says that it's in transit to me. TNT are delivering and the estimated delivery date says 28th September (Friday) Checked the TNT tracking on their website and they have collected my item so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow sometime. My order on the apple online store when I originally placed the order said the estimated delivery date would be 2nd - 4th October.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Placed my order with the apple online store on the night they were announced (5th September). My online order status thing now says that it's in transit to me. TNT are delivering and the estimated delivery date says 28th September (Friday) Checked the TNT tracking on their website and they have collected my item so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow sometime. My order on the apple online store when I originally placed the order said the estimated delivery date would be 2nd - 4th October

My Current Delivery Status In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule which says 5th October. I ordered mine on the 6th of this month. Ahh I want it now!
  • Options
    jonm01jonm01 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ordered min when they were announced.

It 'shipped' on the 24th but I don't know where exactly they are sent from. hasn't arrived yet.

Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow for the weekend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Regent Street Store have been saying they will definately have new stock either tomorrow or Saturday.

I'd imagine tomorrow for the weekend rush.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HMV told me that they've been delayed until late October.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Comet in Swansea told me they're not released until 9th November:mad: I explained that this was the date the iPhone was realeased but he insisted he was right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :( I want one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    I've just cancelled mine in favour of an unlocked iphone from ebay US.

It cost me about the same price as the 16gb I'd ordered and I will only be getting 8gb, but I get more software features, an external speaker, volume control buttons on the side, a less scratchable surface on the back and the advantage that there are already lots of hacked applications for it.

It still fits all my music on and then some (im upgrading from a 2gb nano so "not enough space" is not an issue to me), and the iphone just seems like an ipod touch but better. I probably won't be using it as a phone, which people find strange but then again its the "best ipod ever made" so why not just use it as an ipod?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they not just blown the hacks out the water ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7017660.stm

Would love a phone but on vodaphone for 12 months so touch for me as the unlocks are very dodgy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played with one today. Simply glorious.

Arndale Manchester said they will be getting a shipment in in the morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Ordered an iPod Touch on the Apple site. Yesterday it was showing as dispatched and in transit with TNT.

Spoke to Apple yesterday to find out whereabouts it was, when I should expect it, and whether I might be able to go to a TNT depot to collect.

The guy said it will arrive on Tuesday, but it's currently at the Suzhou depot if I wanted to go there. Not knowing where Suzhou was, I did a quick search on Google Maps....

...think I'll wait another few days for it to arrive then!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Ipod touch arrived this afternoon ordered on the 5th September. a thing of beauty, off to play now :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6th Sept here and still waiting :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All this hype and you cannot get them,

Well online anyway,
    Are they in stores to buy like pc world and so on?
  • Options
    Sport1Sport1 Posts: 8,819
    Forum Member
    I managed to walk into Comet (Greenwich) on Friday and buy one. I'm in love with it ! I'm not sure if a lot of stores have stocks or whether I just got lucky.
  • Options
    madzo2005madzo2005 Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has anyone seen them in stores such as HMV, Currys, Comet outside of the London area