Villas-Boas gone by Christmas?

Comments

• celesticelesti Posts: 26,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His money won't go with him though, so he could continue to fund the club after his death.

Not saying this is the most likeliest of scenarios, but you never know.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fire off as many managers as Chelsea wants, it won't paper over the cracks, still the same players trotting out week after week.

Agree 100% with you!

We keep hearing about a new direction but the same tired/over the hill/useless players are being used again and again.Seriously, how many more appallingly bad games does Mikel have to play before he's dropped?
    The worrying thing though is that the youth players simply aren't up to it either, so at the mo AVB has next to no other options. To start being competetive with Man City we are now looking at Abramovich having to get his wallet out again and spending another 100 million on new players.

Having said that. AVB's decision to play a highline with slow centre backs is defensive suicide! Plus, no matter what defensive tactics we use Luiz is simply a disaster waiting to happen. As a defender he's a clueless, headless chicken, and that's such a shame because he's the kind of character fans would love to see become a success.

If AVB is sacked i'd like to know where on earth they'd go from there? We've had a World Cup winning manager who lasted just over half a season. I certainly wouldn't want Jose to return or other even the popular Hydink. Defiantely would not want the likes of Martin O'Neil either.
    My punt would be yet another massive gamble and go straight to Lamps and appoint him as player manager. If not him then maybe even Beckham who i think will make a great manager oneday.

Anyway, as bad as things are at the mo, i would like to see them give AVB at least until this time next year.
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    celesti wrote: »
    His money won't go with him though, so he could continue to fund the club after his death.

Not saying this is the most likeliest of scenarios, but you never know.

True. Jack Walker did that with Blackburn. Just wondered if anyone knew for sure he would do that.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a die hard United fan, but I have to say AVB certainly needs to be given more time, for petes sake its not even christmas and there are already calls for the mans head.

He needs to be given more time, there are probs at Chelsea, an ageing team, and player power in the dressing room makes life very difficult at the moment.

United gave Sir Alex time, and look what happend :), but unfortuantly this dosnt happen any more and mangers are sacked very early on.

If some of these players actually pulled there fingers out and put in a decent peformance maybe the manager wouldnt be under so much pressure.

He does have to take some of the blame though, stange tactics, and team selections.

AVB out before christmas, who knows now.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    It goes without saying that he needs more time, but......

.....everyone knows why we are conceding so many goals, but he's doing nothing to stop it. We can play his attacking game without compromising the defence, but he's refusing to do what's best for the team. That kind of stubbornness won't win him any favours with the fans or management, so as long as he keeps telling the defence to push up, he only has himself to blame for the criticism he is receiving.

As things stand, we've lost 4 games without even playing Man City or Tottenham yet. Man City are a scary thought at the best of times, and with the pace Tottenham have, we really don't stand much of a chance of keeping them quiet. That could be 6 defeats before Christmas. That's unacceptable. Could be a sackable offence in his first season, but shouldn't be, as long as there are signs that positive changes are coming. There are mentions of new contracts for Drogba, Anelka, and Kalou. 3 players who represent what is wrong with the current Chelsea. Drogba doesn't care, Kalou isn't good enough, and Anelka......can be good, can be terrible. The talk is from the manager, so is this what he wants? I can only assume so, since our young, exciting forward is stuck in the reserves while the first team are failing to outscore the opposition, and failing to look like they even care about it.

The right way to play football is to win. Identify your mistakes. Fix them. Improve the team. Stop pretending the world is out to get you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmmm, maybe they aren't quite so certain of continued CL football in the new year after all.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea what Cech thought he was doing for the second goal? Most odd in that he almost seemed to take his hand away and also never seemed to get off the ground properly either.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He shouldnt be sacked. This isnt his side. This is Mourinho's team. Its an ageing side and he needs to be able to build his own squad.

Cant keep sacking Manager's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    He shouldnt be sacked. This isnt his side. This is Mourinho's team. Its an ageing side and he needs to be able to build his own squad.

Cant keep sacking Manager's.

Roman's record on patience doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny though does it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea messed up not selling terry. £30 mil and could of got him of the wage bill. Nobody will touch that racist **** now.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    Roman's record on patience doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny though does it.

Therein lies the problem. Seems to have more patience for player's who are no longer cutting the mustard than giving the manager time.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listening to Gellum Balligae, that is spelt incorrectly, and he categorically stated he won't go and he's there to overhaul the team come what may.
    I thought they had one more season in them. Clearly not.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsea messed up not selling terry. £30 mil and could of got him of the wage bill. Nobody will touch that racist **** now.

They were offered £30 million for Terry? Seesh, they should have drove him to whoever was offering that.

I'm very surprised that AVB didn't have a clear-out in the summer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But let's not forget Chelsea won the double that season When they didn't sell JT
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were offered £30 million for Terry? Seesh, they should have drove him to whoever was offering that.

City and they dont need him now,

AVB cant have a clear out until the Roman is ready to get his cheque book out again. Not forgetting that many of these players are old and it wont be easy to get rid of them as they are on huge wages.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    It all depends on the Valencia game. If he gets through, he's bought himself some time.

If not, then goodbye.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all depends on the Valencia game. If he gets through, he's bought himself some time.

If not, then goodbye.

I dont know. It would cost over £10 mil to sack him and then who do they get? Rafa Benitez (he has a good record in europe and roman craves the CL). They cant keep changing Managers. The ghost of mourinho is always there while the side is full of mourinho's players.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know. It would cost over £10 mil to sack him and then who do they get?
    And it cost Roman £13 million to take him from Porto :eek:
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see AvP is sporting a beard, maybe he is taking up a part time job as Santa as his impending sack looms.

I like this foresight, it will stand him in good stead in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know. It would cost over £10 mil to sack him and then who do they get? Rafa Benitez (he has a good record in europe and roman craves the CL). They cant keep changing Managers. The ghost of mourinho is always there while the side is full of mourinho's players.

That's the bottom line. The team needs to change.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member

The most surprising thing is that he seems to want to hang on to the players who need to go.
    AVB cant have a clear out until the Roman is ready to get his cheque book out again. Not forgetting that many of these players are old and it wont be easy to get rid of them as they are on huge wages.

There's nothing to suggest that he is unwilling to spend. The squad has needed a clear-out for a few years now. In that time we have spent £16m on Ramires, £71m on 2 players we'd be lucky to get £71 for now, £7m on Courtois, £25m on Mata, and £18m on Lukaku. The problem is not that he doesn't want to spend, its that nobody at the club is smart enough to spend it right. Roman knew in January that Ancelotti would be gone in the summer, he should have saved his money and brought in AvB with the instructions to bring in as many players as he wants, as long as he can get rid of 10 first team players.
    Hilario Turnbull Luiz Bertrand Bosingwa Malouda Mikel Kalou Anelka Drogba

OK, one isn't first team, but he's too old to be a reserve.

There's been a lot of talk about us bringing in younger players. They are there now, but he won't trust them to not-be-worse than the shit we're sending out twice a week.

On the bright side, we have Sturridge and Mata.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of the old players bring in the new like Man U and Arsenal. The problem is not the managers but the ageing players who get up to more off the pitch than they do on the pitch. Managers need time to transition teams, you can't expect instant change.

Even Man City kept with their manager after an ok season last year, but they stuck with him and now they are reaping the benefits.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member

10m is nothing to Abramovich. It's one less small yacht in his fleet.

When AVB is inevitably sacked, Hiddink will be brought in.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10m is nothing to Abramovich. It's one less small yacht in his fleet.

When AVB is inevitably sacked, Hiddink will be brought in.

Hiddink, that wonderful success with Turkey, and why do people keep posting about Mata being a success? where was he yesterday?