The Saturdays in America

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my. :D

Too much... http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2JWhoqCUAAx41D.png

First British girl group to hit the red carpet at the VMAs since The Spice Girls, who several American interviewers at the awards have said they're like. Ha, stick that in yer pipes and smoke it haters. They're not doing you any harm by chasing their dream. :D Why bother posting if you don't like them or their music? Good for them, whether it works out or not at least they tried and actually put effort in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »

First British girl group to hit the red carpet at the VMAs since The Spice Girls, who several American interviewers at the awards have said they're like. Ha, stick that in yer pipes and smoke it haters. They're not doing you any harm by chasing their dream. :D Why bother posting if you don't like them or their music? Good for them, whether it works out or not at least they tried and actually put effort in.

They showed up for an award show where they are nominated for... absolutely nothing.

Hilarious. Yep, definitely a girlband.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://vimeo.com/49010372

First performance of 'What About Us'. They got tons of great reviews and people said the song was MASSIVE live.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Sounds good
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Is Vanessa pregnant? :o
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »

So every time you post something negative about a singer, can we quote this back to you?

The Saturdays have zero chance of making it in America. Bland, lifeless, uninspiring, average vocals, lackluster choreography and faceless music has pretty much guaranteed that.

However, good on them for chasing the dream...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So every time you post something negative about a singer, can we quote this back to you?

The Saturdays have zero chance of making it in America. Bland, lifeless, uninspiring, average vocals, lackluster choreography and faceless music has pretty much guaranteed that.

However, good on them for chasing the dream...

Yet they've got an E! documentary, support of Perez Hilton, a radio tour, most likely promotion on Ryan Seacrest's channel and a very good single behind them? I wouldn't say they have zero chance, but even if they flop at least they tried.

I would hardly say lackluster choreography. That choreo in the video above is pretty good, as is the vocals (even though it's LQ). Plus, they're a pop girl group, they're not really expected to come out with deep music.:p They're supposed to be releasing fun, pop songs.

But you clearly know best. :D
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Yet they've got an E! documentary, support of Perez Hilton, a radio tour, most likely promotion on Ryan Seacrest's channel and a very good single behind them? I wouldn't say they have zero chance, but even if they flop at least they tried.

I would hardly say lackluster choreography. That choreo in the video above is pretty good, as is the vocals (even though it's LQ). Plus, they're a pop girl group, they're not really expected to come out with deep music.:p They're supposed to be releasing fun, pop songs.

But you clearly know best. :D
    The choreo is pretty good? They look like five friends that have had one too many cherry lambrinis on a night out! Their vocals aren't great at all, besides Rochelle and Una, Vanessa is now very av erage and the other two are horrific.

The Sugbabes and Stooshe have managed in the past to come up with something interesting and relatively deep.

Girls Aloud are releasing fun, pop songs. The difference is that the actually do it well. They aren't the most talented, but they have the full package, when the Sats dont.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    i hope they make it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    The choreo is pretty good? They look like five friends that have had one too many cherry lambrinis on a night out! Their vocals aren't great at all, besides Rochelle and Una, Vanessa is now very av erage and the other two are horrific.

The Sugbabes and Stooshe have managed in the past to come up with something interesting and relatively deep.

Girls Aloud are releasing fun, pop songs. The difference is that the actually do it well. They aren't the most talented, but they have the full package, when the Sats dont.

I wasn't going to argue with your own opinions, no matter how ill formed they are, until I read the bit about Sugababes and Stooshe. Sugababes haven't been 'deep' for years, pop music has changed and they changed with it. The Saturdays are no more shallow than Sugababes' recent material.

Stooshe are so deep, they recorded a song called F**k Me and then changed a few lyrics for radio but left the orgasmic noises in. They now seem intent on releasing watered down Amy Winehouse type productions and passing them off as 'Motown inspired', hardly innovative music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    delete
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The Saturdays in America"

Is this another one of those ITV2 fly-on-the-wall shows? Can't imagine it's anything else
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    "The Saturdays in America"

Is this another one of those ITV2 fly-on-the-wall shows? Can't imagine it's anything else

It's on E!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what about us sounds like a hit! ...im so excited.
    i really hope they make it in America ..these girls deserve it x
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    It's on E!

And is The Saturdays in America the name of the show?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And is The Saturdays in America the name of the show?

Who knows. That wasn't my point if you read my reply properly. The poster I responded to said it was on ITV 2
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Who knows. That wasn't my point if you read my reply properly. The poster I responded to said it was on ITV 2

Ah I get it now :) I'm looking forward to the show though.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'who several American interviewers at the awards have said they're like'

They're not though are they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are doing this well.
    It is late obviously but they are getting good exposure, so I hope it goes well for them.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Ah I get it now :) I'm looking forward to the show though.

Hopefully the show gets a worldwide release and give them exposure in Europe, Asia and Australia
  • LMLM Posts: 63,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck to them
    Their music is awful at the moment so if they go back to the music they did for their first two albums, they may have a chance. Their are no girlbands in America at the moment so they may make an impact
  • WPaulVanDykWPaulVanDyk Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Bit late in my view. Shouldn't they be in America when they had 1st album out. I am sure if they made it the fans they get might wonder why we hadn't had them before and want the previous albums they released. As for being a success who knows. Good luck to them but i don't like it when bands here go to America years later after being a success here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just checked out their new song live sorry sounds bad,All Fired Up was their only chance of getting no.1 shame it missed out.

still think the girls need to record my song Outta Control though :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they'll crack America, but I think Little Mix could be a threat as they might follow the same formula as 1D and try and break America in early 2013.

Lol we might get the female form of The Wanted Vs 1D with the Sats Vs Little Mix in America.