Options

Do RACHEL & PASHA Do It For You ? - Or Are They An Over Rated Couple ? - HOT OR NOT ?

TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
Forum Member
✭✭
Do RACHEL & PASHA Do It For You ? - Or Are They An Over Rated Couple ? - HOT OR NOT ?

Rachel says in the Daily Mail that she is quite clumsy,

" But in what could be considered a warning for whoever partners her on the show, she admitted: ‘I’ve never had any grace, I’ve always been clumsy.

‘I have a ridiculous amount of bruises already from kicking myself. I would just like to learn to control my limbs.’ "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2414530/Rachels-Rileys-countdown-Strictly-Maths-whiz-joins-dance-inspired-wedding.html

On forums some people say that Rachel is ungainly, others have said that she is unsure of herself on the dance floor and cannot shimmy. It has also been said that there is no chemistry between the two of them. On the other hand some have commented that Pasha gets all the contenders each year on Strictly Come Dancing.

Is it all bad ? or is there some potential for progression and a journey for this couple ?.

What do you think ? What does twitter think. ?

Comments

• Options
    samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry we have not seen her dance yet with Pasha so the answer is we don't know. I do hope you haven't taken against her because of one remark. Pasha is a good teacher and I am sure the chemistry will come - how you can make these remarks without seeing them and taking what has been written in some old rag as gospel is very unfair. Give Rachel a chance.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the first view of them - a good looking couple but we need to see more :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samiskim wrote: »
    Terry we have not seen her dance yet with Pasha so the answer is we don't know. I do hope you haven't taken against her because of one remark. Pasha is a good teacher and I am sure the chemistry will come - how you can make these remarks without seeing them and taking what has been written in some old rag as gospel is very unfair. Give Rachel a chance.

I most certainly haven't taken against Rachel, in the interests of fairness the comments and observations of others on the forum after the group dance, have to be taken into consideration.

Chemistry is an instant thing, but personally I did not see any lack of it in their first meeting announcement, and I have great confidence in the ability and talent of Pasha to be able to guide and nurture Rachel on her journey of improvement through Strictly Come Dancing.
  • Options
    ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares what Twitter thinks? And if we do, we can go and look for ourselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let the Pasha magic begin :p
  • Options
    lovetrashtvlovetrashtv Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Pasha is a superstar and a fabulous teacher and Rachel is a beautiful girl!
  • Options
    anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look wise,they are Hot,Hot and Hot!! Waiting to see their dance.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess generically speaking they are one of the hot couples (along with Abbey/Ajaz, Natalie/Artem and probably Sophie/Bendan) if you're going on physicality. But hotness counts for nothing if you aren't hot on that floor too. Pasha will try his best, but if Rachel herself even says that she's not in control of her limbs then maybe this will be a harder task for him this series than usual (which in a way will be a good challenge for him - if ends up to b the case - seeing as he's previously been blessed with girls than can naturally dance beyond a basic standard, up till now).
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miriam_R wrote: »
    I guess generically speaking they are one of the hot couples (along with Abbey/Ajaz, Natalie/Artem and probably Sophie/Bendan) if you're going on physicality. But hotness counts for nothing if you aren't hot on that floor too. Pasha will try his best, but if Rachel herself even says that she's not in control of her limbs then maybe this will be a harder task for him this series than usual (which in a way will be a good challenge for him - if ends up to b the case - seeing as he's previously been blessed with girls than can naturally dance beyond a basic standard, up till now).

I totally agree
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I'm torn because I adore Pasha but I do think the initial outrage that he was given another 'contender' was premature. Granted, it is hard to tell from a group dance but from what I could see Rachel was quite awkward. They do look amazing together and I genuinely think she will give it her all but it will be a slow process but Pasha is perfect to bring the dancer out of her. However, after saying all that I wouldn't want her to win as it would be too 'obvious' if that makes sense but I will enjoy her becoming more confident under Pasha's tutelage.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suse001 wrote: »
    I'm torn because I adore Pasha but I do think the initial outrage that he was given another 'contender' was premature. Granted, it is hard to tell from a group dance but from what I could see Rachel was quite awkward. They do look amazing together and I genuinely think she will give it her all but it will be a slow process but Pasha is perfect to bring the dancer out of her. However, after saying all that I wouldn't want her to win as it would be too 'obvious' if that makes sense but I will enjoy her becoming more confident under Pasha's tutelage.

Good post! In a way, as a foolishly soft-hearted Pasha fan I'm looking forward to seeing the slow process more than if she were a natural dancer. It's the spirit of the thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Good post! In a way, as a foolishly soft-hearted Pasha fan I'm looking forward to seeing the slow process more than if she were a natural dancer. It's the spirit of the thing.

Completely agree !And plus, it's Pasha!
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »

Agree Monkey and suse... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if she looked awkward during the group dance because she really is physically awkward or because she was left shimmying alone in the middle of the dance floor for much of the time. Anyway, she seems really popular (who knew so many people love maths :rolleyes:) which should keep her in long enough to progress if she has even a glimmer of talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    girlcrisis wrote: »
    I'm not sure if she looked awkward during the group dance because she really is physically awkward or because she was left shimmying alone in the middle of the dance floor for much of the time. Anyway, she seems really popular (who knew so many people love maths :rolleyes:) which should keep her in long enough to progress if she has even a glimmer of talent.

I didn't think that Rachel was awkward at all, I feel that she has an inner grace that is struggling to get out, and I'm sure that Pasha will nurture her well.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Young enough to improve even if she starts off a cart horse. The ones that are awkward tend to pick up ballroom and get shown up with the Latin dances ?
    As long as she isn't another Pendleton or Hingis.
  • Options
    mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel looked absolutely terrified through pretty much the entire launch show. It's clear that she feels totally out of her depth. I think she'll probably relax a bit if she stays in long enough - it's a question of whether she'll get the votes she needs to do that or not.

I don't think we can expect much from her at the start when it comes to dancing - she's going to be too tense from all those nerves. Watch her eyes on the launch show on iPlayer - she looks like she's about to bolt for it!

I like her, so I hope she makes it through the early days - at least far enough in to have at least one dance where she feels a bit more relaxed. We'll see though.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They looked good together and happy to be paired up, but Rachel stood out to me during the group dance as being all over the place. She'll either go pretty soon or be one of the best improved by the end.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Face it this way she is one of the contenders for the crown, only Susannah, Ashley and Natalie are higher than her on oddschecker at the moment. Oddschecker have been pretty good this year in fairness as they picked up instantly who would win big brother and celebrity big brother and I can't see it changing. :)
  • Options
    noblernobler Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    how can they be judged as a partnership when nobody has seen them dance together yet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nobler wrote: »
    how can they be judged as a partnership when nobody has seen them dance together yet?

We just enjoy a bit of empty speculation in the agonising wait between the launch show and first dance. Just humour us.
  • Options
    crimsonlakecrimsonlake Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Maybe this is going to be Pasha's last year with Strictly so the producers put him with Rachel to give him a better chance of going out on a high note. Going on the few VT's so far, Rachel seems to be a better partner (as in team mate) than the other two. Pasha always seemed uncomfortable with Kimberley, despite what he has said since.
  • Options
    PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe this is going to be Pasha's last year with Strictly so the producers put him with Rachel to give him a better chance of going out on a high note. Going on the few VT's so far, Rachel seems to be a better partner (as in team mate) than the other two. Pasha always seemed uncomfortable with Kimberley, despite what he has said since.
    Noooooooooooooo :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm Loving Rachel with Pasha, what a lovely graceful Waltz, I think that they will go far, and what a lovely dress, well done the costume department, and well done Rachel and Pasha.
  • Options
    RiverMRiverM Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    both pretty tidy actually