Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Will Eva ever replace 'me best barmaid' ? Sigh.

I hear they've put a plaque on a bench in the smokers' hut. 'Dedicated to Tina - me best barmaid. She spent many a happy hour here topping up her tan to a lovely shade of nicotine brown. :o

'Please feel free to throw your drink over this plaque.'
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Please feel free to throw your drink over this plaque.'

What a good idea! :D But a waste of good alcohol! :o
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely Gary would know the name of Kal's daughter - there cant be that many people around with her name.....would he not have twigged?

Oh but no...this is Corrie! LOL
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Kal getting Gareh to do his odd jobs in the gym? Wouldn't he ask Jason who built it all in the first place?

And since when is Gary short for Gareth, it's a completely different name :D
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was nonsense. No way Gary was drunk enough to think that they had sex when they didn't.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    Surely Gary would know the name of Kal's daughter - there cant be that many people around with her name.....would he not have twigged?

Oh but no...this is Corrie! LOL

Aliya is quite a common name, and Gary might not have known Kal even had a daughter. They don't seem that close.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a qualified dog handler and trainer, I do not believe that Eccles would have shown any interest in the bracelet just under the door.

If you have recorded it and look carefully, you will see a hand on the other side of the door tapping away to attract Eccles attention!
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Aliya is quite a common name, and Gary might not have known Kal even had a daughter. They don't seem that close.

I personally have never heard that name. I thought it was common knowledge that Kal had a daughter.

Maybe I've just missed loads!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna -.'you two (Gareh and Izzeh) could do with going out more!'

Is she having a giraffe? They're out all the time :D

They certainly go out more than my husband and I go out. But then again we have a child to look after unlike...oh. Yeah. Hmmmm.
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was nonsense. No way Gary was drunk enough to think that they had sex when they didn't.

That's what we said - if he'd been that drunk he'd have still been out of it, and probably throwing up, unable to stand etc, the next morning!
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be wrong (haven't run the Sky+ back to check yet) but I could swear that the slippers "Amy wrapped" for Steve were in the same paper that Lloyd used to wrap the CD case.....

Also, all this tosh about buying Steve the pants presents because his real one was the party. That is, the party he didn't want held in, wait for it, the pub he owns and runs. Woo! I think I'd rather have the slippers!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What time were they throwing that party anyway? Three o'clock?

And when Michelle was pretending to be a cab customer, Steve has supposedly gone to get a pasty then said 'oh I'm 20 minutes away' does he always keep paying customers hanging about like that? :confused:
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a qualified dog handler and trainer, I do not believe that Eccles would have shown any interest in the bracelet just under the door.

If you have recorded it and look carefully, you will see a hand on the other side of the door tapping away to attract Eccles attention!

also he (she?) would have noticed it weeks ago

Amy not invited to her father's birhday party? was she home alone or upstairs playing on her I pod
  • Options
    RedpoppyRedpoppy Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did Aliya's jacket appear from that she was wearing when she was outside talking to Gary - she wasn't wearing it when she gestured to him to meet her outside!
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »

I thought that they were in the army together.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    I thought that they were in the army together.

They were - and that's how he was introduced to the programme - but I think we're meant to forget that.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    They were - and that's how he was introduced to the programme - but I think we're meant to forget that.

I remembered:)

The writers seem to forget loads of things.
    ie Nick called time on his and Leanne's marriage in January this year.
    Steve has a twin brother Andy who should have been present at Steve's and his 40th do.
    Jim would have sent a 40th card to his Steven.
    etc etc etc
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    I remembered:)

The writers seem to forget loads of things.
    ie Nick called time on his and Leanne's marriage in January this year.
    Steve has a twin brother Andy who should have been present at Steve's and his 40th do.
    Jim would have sent a 40th card to his Steven.
    etc etc etc

That, more than most recent SORs - is ridiculous that he would have been excluded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    That, more than most recent SORs - is ridiculous that he would have been excluded.

Andy wasn't even mentioned.
  • Options
    MallyminxMallyminx Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Andy was mentioned very briefly. While Steve was unwrapping his pressies he said to his mum : Don't forget to phone Andy, and she said: I won't.
    That was it! I agree, he should have been at the party.
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what was ailya calling her grandfather?
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I see Alya has filled Tina's fiesty boots, just as Eva did with the job boots and Steph with the house boots.

And handy she did a degree in textile design. She'll need it when she (inevitably) joins Underworld.
    stevepjk wrote: »
    what was ailya calling her grandfather?
    Babaji, which is like grandfather, or how you would address old men respectfully in Asian culture. I think in Urdu anything with the -ji suffix is honorific.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallyminx wrote: »
    Andy was mentioned very briefly. While Steve was unwrapping his pressies he said to his mum : Don't forget to phone Andy, and she said: I won't.
    That was it! I agree, he should have been at the party.

Oophs! My excuse is that I was probably semi-comatose by then! It was such as dull episode. Steve's presents. Slippers and a coffee table? Where will they even put a coffee table? And why do we have to continually hear about how lovely Michelle is - apparently?!
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle sitting in the back of Steve's cab stating that she would support him whatever he does to improve himself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does this "support" include ridiculing him and sniggering at him with Liz?
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might of taken the piss out of Steve for giving him useless presents, but imagine if he did the same to Michelle? There would be hell to pay and he and he would be expected to buy something really expensive for her and she would still be miserable. I know it was meant to be funny but was Lloyd really that thick to give Steve empty CD cases?
This discussion has been closed.