The Saturdays in America

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
Forum Member
✭✭
So far we know that....

- They're currently filming for a documentary that'll be shown on the E! channel in America (and also shown in the UK at some point).
- They have a new single called 'What About Us' that apparently features Sean Paul released in the UK January 2013.
- The single got debuted at a club last night in America and it's been called All Fired Up part 2.
- Perez Hilton is supporting them like mad and they're performing the single for the first time at one of his exclusive parties.
- They're attending the VMA's
- More news is coming in September

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They screwed up their chances, not just worldwide but here as well to be big. They have nothing different about them and now just release generic crap like All Fired Up. Difference is songs like Up and Ego could have cemented them a fan base in Europe, Australia and maybe even the United States.

They don't really have many dedicated followers, or their not dedicated enough to buy an album. They've had four albums and two of them have failed to go gold. For a girl band who has continuous top 10 hits, that's appalling.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what?
    If Cher Lloyd can make it.
    Then so can The Saturdays.

Although I'm annoyed that they already announced the single.
    It isnt coming out till January so why torture us now?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SO excited for them - and so excited to see the girls on the red carpet at the VMAs :D Whatever happens at least they tried. Can't knock 'em for that.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I really hope they do well in the US and pick the right singles to release. I can't believe there's news on the new single already and we haven't got to hear it yet :(
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    If it's true that their US single is "All Fired Up, Part 2", I think it'll flop in the US. A song like All Fired Up would've been big any time during 2007-2011 in the US, but I think their music scene is slowly moving away from dance now, to more acoustic music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently they're also appearing on Gossip Girl as well.
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    If it's true that their US single is "All Fired Up, Part 2", I think it'll flop in the US. A song like All Fired Up would've been big any time during 2007-2011 in the US, but I think their music scene is slowly moving away from dance now, to more acoustic music.

Who knows? With the right promo it could do well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »

I think they just meant it's being "labelled" All Fired Up, Part 2, not actually called that. If they did that it would kill their career right then, especially if is meant to be a debut single over there :confused:
    Forum Member
    odie8391 wrote: »
    I think they just meant it's being "labelled" All Fired Up, Part 2, not actually called that. If they did that it would kill their career right then, especially if is meant to be a debut single over there :confused:

I think the song is called What About Us but what they're trying to say is that it's a dance track like AFU. All Fired Up was one of their best singles though. I love it :D
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

I would actually tune in to watch them on it.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    You know what?
    If Cher Lloyd can make it.
    Then so can The Saturdays.

Although I'm annoyed that they already announced the single.
    It isnt coming out till January so why torture us now?!
    America don't know Cher Lloyd like we do, though. They weren't with her during the X Factor. And Want U Back isn't even a bad song.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the Saturdays success in America. I think they are telling us now about their next single for January so that we see light at the end of the tunnel and do not feel that they are abandoning us. Mind you, I will feel a bit abandoned without a classic Saturdays Autumn release!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update -

Apparently they're on the red carpet at the VMA's tomorrow and their new single is getting it's premiere on Ryan Seacrest's radio show in a few weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Update -

Apparently they're on the red carpet at the VMA's tomorrow and their new single is getting it's premiere on Ryan Seacrest's radio show in a few weeks.

I just had a thought. Ryan Seacrest works with E! and works as a producer on some of their shows (i.e. the Kardashians). The Sats might actually get great airplay on KIISS FM (the biggest radio station). Simply because Ryan is a host on KIIS FM and because of the E! connection as The Sats will have a show on E! which he might produce.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to them and all that but can the really afford to take Time out from their career here no shade but it's hardly amazing here it's still kinda like after how many years they're still working on that "breakthrough" here
    Forum Member
    Update -

What do you mean on the red carpet? Are they just going to be attending and having photos taken or will they be performing or making any speeches? When are the VMAs going to be on MTV? Looking forward to hearing the new single. I'm all excited now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eeeee VMAs today. Can't wait to see them there!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you mean on the red carpet? Are they just going to be attending and having photos taken or will they be performing or making any speeches? When are the VMAs going to be on MTV? Looking forward to hearing the new single. I'm all excited now :D

I think they're just attending, but obviously they'll have paparazzi shots from the red carpet (and probably get alot of attention because they have the E! crew following them around too).

No idea when the VMA's are shown in the UK, though.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're just attending, but obviously they'll have paparazzi shots from the red carpet (and probably get alot of attention because they have the E! crew following them around too).

Tommirrow.
    Forum Member

That's not too bad I guess. The VMAs are on tomorrow at 9pm. I might record them and watch over the weekend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a picture of them on Twitter at the red carpet. Vanessa and Mollie have microphones and look like they're "interviewing" Rosie and Sophie from the Ellen show.
  • wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member

Dream come true for me if that happens :D
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    They screwed up their chances, not just worldwide but here as well to be big. They have nothing different about them and now just release generic crap like All Fired Up. Difference is songs like Up and Ego could have cemented them a fan base in Europe, Australia and maybe even the United States.

They don't really have many dedicated followers, or their not dedicated enough to buy an album. They've had four albums and two of them have failed to go gold. For a girl band who has continuous top 10 hits, that's appalling.

I completely agree. They are a poor man's Girls Aloud.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on... what on earth are they doing at the VMA's?:confused:
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on... what on earth are they doing at the VMA's?:confused:

Their agent got them there to see if they could get a calloration that will get them some exposure in the States, I suspect.