Cat advice needed

chimpsy23chimpsy23 Posts: 196
Forum Member
Some lousy human beings who call them selves neighbors have moved in and moved straight back out and dumped there 4 cats in the process just wondering who's the best people to get in touch with to help the cats find new homes

Comments

• flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Contact your local Cats Protection Leauge. They will be able to help.
  • MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flakecake wrote: »
    Contact your local Cats Protection Leauge. They will be able to help.

^ this.

What a terrible thing for your neighbours to do :( don't know how anyone can just leave their cats behind like that.
  • MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    There's an ad on one of my local rescue websites where a beautiful tortie cat was found in a cupboard by a landlady when her tenants vacated her property :eek: The ad also says the cat's kittens had gone (hopefully this means gone with the owners).

Cats Protection and the RSPCA are full of cats left behind when owners move on. It's really unbelievable, so callous and heartless. Some are left at catteries when owners go away and never return for them (presumably they give false addresses).

When I moved from my previous flat one of my neighbours asked me if he could have Tabitha (my neighbours loved Tabitha, she was a very friendly, pretty cat) but I had chosen my new house with her needs in mind. She loved her old home but I was sure she loved me more and there was no way I could have left her behind - and she quickly learned to love her new home too.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would try a local cat rescue first. The more well known places like cats protection and RSPCA are likely to have no spaces left. Also I found local shelters to be far more considerate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What area are you from. I can try too point you in the direction for help for the furbabys if i know
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or RSPB if u want, they'll deal with it. possibly get the law involved if there is any animal neglect !
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DubDub wrote: »
    or RSPB if u want, they'll deal with it. possibly get the law involved if there is any animal neglect !

The R.S.P.B. take in cats?

I can see feathers been rustled. :)

Ring 0800 Sylvester and Tweety Pie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    premixxed wrote: »
    The R.S.P.B. take in cats?

I can see feathers been rustled. :)

Ring 0800 Sylvester and Tweety Pie.

:D:D i can see the cats being happy though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I wouldnt report or take them to the RSPCA as its a death sentence as they put anything that moves down!.I would either look after them myself and find them homes or find a local cats protection or animal shelter that has a policy of not destroying any healthy animals.
    The RSPCA are a joke, they get loads of money from peoples wills etc and have this carefully crafted caring image. Its rubbish as they have little regard for the animals they are supposed to support.