2016 BDO Darts Thread

Comments

• Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    What is the situation with Jaws ? Does he still have a PDC card then ? Or has he dropped that far down. I did notice Alan Tabern hasn't entered Q School too.

EDIT - Just read on the PDC thread that Colin Lloyd has retired

He was into the 100's on the Order of Merit, he would have had to play Q School.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was into the 100's on the Order of Merit, he would have had to play Q School.

Wonder what Tabern is doing then. Might have realised that he is past his best. God knows why Barrie Bates keeps trying. He's only 2 places above me in the rankings :D
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »

Someone on the SOS forum has put the final yesterday at 1.6 milion while the PDC final got 900k.
    PDC final got 908k on its two channels. BDO got 2.2m on BBC

Now thats naughty Darren, you were comparing a Sky average viewing figure with a BBC peak figure. Tut tut.

Actual figure for the final on the Beeb was 1.68m if you want to make a correct comparison, which Misawi97 was doing ;)

The lowest figure since records began.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now thats naughty Darren, you were comparing a Sky average viewing figure with a BBC peak figure. Tut tut.

Actual figure for the final on the Beeb was 1.68m if you want to make a correct comparison, which Misawi97 was doing ;)

The lowest figure since records began.....

Will you post the figures from the site then please. I can see the BBC ones on BARB but the Sky ones aren't on as it wasn't in the 'others' top 30 that week. Only sport is football on both Sky and BT

And viewing figures have gone down for every show and terrestrial channel over the years. EastEnders is at 7m, used to be over 20m
    Forum Member
    908k is correct as an average for the Sky final, my only point was is that you had obtained the BBC peak figure from somewhere and using that as the figure. Lakeside final got 1.68m average with an extra 0.08m watching on BT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    908k is correct as an average for the Sky final, my only point was is that you had obtained the BBC peak figure from somewhere and using that as the figure. Lakeside final got 1.68m average with an extra 0.08m watching on BT.

I got the figures from SOD thread at first because they weren't available on BARB. Now they are but I still cannot see the Sky ones anywhere. Can you post them please ? BARB doesn't have them.
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    I got the figures from SOD thread at first because they weren't available on BARB. Now they are but I still cannot see the Sky ones anywhere. Can you post them please ? BARB doesn't have them.

http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/weekly-top-10?
    692K on Sky sports 1
    216K on Sky Sports darts

908K average for the darts

edit forgot the link to the sky darts channel.
    http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/weekly-top-10?
    Forum Member

Yes they do, look at the Top 10 section. However I see I have been beaten to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So both the BDO and PDC finals down quite a bit on last year. I don't see what this is proving ? All TV shows are getting less viewers every year rather than more, certainly in the case of terrestrial telly. This just shows 'The Taylor Factor' to me. When he is playing the crowds ( still ) are there.
    Forum Member
    Im not trying to prove anything, just saying comparing a peak to an average is a bit misleading ;)
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So both the BDO and PDC finals down quite a bit on last year. I don't see what this is proving ? All TV shows are getting less viewers every year rather than more, certainly in the case of terrestrial telly. This just shows 'The Taylor Factor' to me. When he is playing the crowds ( still ) are there.

A lot of people don't like to admit but Phil Taylor is still a very popular player and a major draw.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wow. Who got the 1st ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mandy Solomons & Val Maytum have made nine darters in ladies competitions apparently :)
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thays is indeed a fine interview - thanks for that Darren.
    The design and navigation on that website is blimming awful though.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Waites and Gulliver were on the Balding show the other night. Not the most interesting interview imo but there was a gasp by the audience when they were told how much prize money they won respectively.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deta Hedman was on Pointless tonight with Andy Fordham, too.
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live coverage of the Dutch Open in my home town:
    http://www.rtvdrenthe.nl/tv/programma/67/Drenthe-Dart
    Don't know if its geo-blocked but you can give it a try.
    Worked last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read this on a forum.

This is true?

The new events were promised and to be run by a guy called Warren Brown as Deluxe Sporting Events, the BDO gave them the "contract"

A quick delve into their accounts reveal they are £140k in debt and a google search revealed that they have a history of events not happening and refunds were let's say delayed.

Deluxe strung everyone along for weeks on twitter and facebook promising Mega rich sponsors, telephone number prize pots, TV coverage and of course the #newera for the BDO

Several announcements of announcements later it looked like the event was going ahead but with no TV and a greatly reduced prize fund BUT was still going ahead. A few weeks later and no tickets people asked for refunds, he blocked them and didn't refund or claimed that he had already done so.

Event cancelled and BDO left to pick up the pieces as in sorting out refunds for people

Deluxe claiming that the event has only been delayed and will be on later in the year but credibility shot, he's now claiming that channel 4 are interested in showing the new events and by all accounts has pissed off Eurosport leaving coverage of existing events in doubt
  • Chris_WilsonChris_Wilson Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Just read this on a forum.

This is true?

what forum did you get that from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what forum did you get that from?

http://www.tsod.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15769
    Forum Member
    Yup that's all true. The BDO have seemingly got a random bloke to organise 8 events, he hasn't a clue what he is doing and as result the first one was cancelled at three weeks notice (see the BDO website for info).

Oh and it's been announced today that the BBC will no longer be showing Lakeside.

Not been a great month for the BDO!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup that's all true. The BDO have seemingly got a random bloke to organise 8 events, he hasn't a clue what he is doing and as result the first one was cancelled at three weeks notice (see the BDO website for info).

Oh and it's been announced today that the BBC will no longer be showing Lakeside.

Not been a great month for the BDO!!!

Players let down again.

The press release from the BBC/PDC regarding the new PDC tournament and confirmation of BBC dropping the Lakeside even had the words "exciting new era" in it.

Barry Hearn trolling
    Forum Member
    Indeed, and who can blame him, the BDO organisation of these new events has been a disgrace. The next one is meant to start 6 weeks on Friday, now try and go and find a ticket for it...