Is There A Forum for TV Shows Other Than UK & US?

spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wanted to see if there is a thread anywhere about the brilliant German TV series Deutschland 83 but I've no idea what forum it would be in? I can only see threads for UK & US TV Shows. Isn't there one for TV shows from other countries too? Surely there must be. With all the great TV shows of recent years that have come out of France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and other countries surely DS can't only limit itself to discussions on UK and US shows?!

If there is a thread for Worldwide TV Shows please could someone point me in the right direction as I can't find it. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a thread for it over in the US TV forum.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2089619
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cuttysark wrote: »
    There's a thread for it over in the US TV forum.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2089619

Thanks for the link. Very confusing though. Why is a German TV show in the US TV Shows section? Also, where do discussions about other European countries' TV shows go, please? I just don't understand why there isn't a separate forum for them. Anyway, thanks again.
  • cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No probs, I think if it's being shown in the UK then it can go in the UK TV forum.
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. Very confusing though. Why is a German TV show in the US TV Shows section?
    It premiered in the US.
  • lindenlealindenlea Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I wanted to see if there is a thread anywhere about the brilliant German TV series Deutschland 83 but I've no idea wnhat forum it would be in? I can only see threads for UK & US TV Shows. Isn't there one for TV shows from other countries too? Surely there must be. With all the great TV shows of recent years that have come out of France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and other countries surely DS can't only limit itself to discussions on UK and US shows?!

If there is a thread for Worldwide TV Shows please could someone point me in the right direction as I can't find it. Thanks in advance. :)

There is a 6-page thread on this forum (currently on page 2), here: Deutschland 83.

Scandinavian, French and Irish dramas have been (and are being) discussed on the UK forum - they're not American and they are being broadcast here, so I can't see any reason to post threads anywhere else unless they are also SciFi or Fantasy.

ohglobbits wrote: »
    It premiered in the US.
    Wouldn't it have premiered in Germany?
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When this forum organisation was announced, we were told the UK forum was actually for all countries except the USA. I can't see that written down anywhere now, but I think it's still the convention. For example, Bron / The Bridge is here. As I understand it, the USA gets its own forum because many users come from there and the mods want to accommodate them.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    When this forum organisation was announced, we were told the UK forum was actually for all countries except the USA. I can't see that written down anywhere now, but I think it's still the convention. For example, Bron / The Bridge is here. As I understand it, the USA gets its own forum because many users come from there and the mods want to accommodate them.

Where do the Canadian shows go?
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Canada is part of America isn't it?:p Actually most of the Canadian shows I watch belong in the SF/Cult section. SF/Cult seems to be what they are best at.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Canada is part of America isn't it?:p

Yes but the forum is "TV Shows: US".
    Actually most of the Canadian shows I watch belong in the SF/Cult section. SF/Cult seems to be what they are best at.

That does seem to be a strength of theirs.
  • lindenlealindenlea Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Canada is part of America isn't it?:p Actually most of the Canadian shows I watch belong in the SF/Cult section. SF/Cult seems to be what they are best at.
    Hope there aren't any Canadians here, reading that. ;-)

Isn't The Miss Fisher Mysteries (period detective series) Canadian? Where did discussion of that take place?

All the Aussie dramas are here on the UK TV forum, as well as the European ones mentioned already.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is already a Deutsland '83 thread in UK TV - I suppose DigiSpy's notoriously useless search facility struck again!

UK TV thread