Options

The Amazing Race Season 25

Comments

• Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think with the save they should have been given the choice to use it and not face the speed bump or keep it and do the speed bump.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why brings up why, again, I say the express pass is better.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but I am for the idea that there is no special prize (save) for winner of the first leg.
    And the express pass really needs to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I meant 'which brings up why' obviously, posting at a late time.

I wasn't a fan of the second express pass, a team not even earning the right to it. But the save is arguably far worse.
  • Options
    Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    breppo wrote: »
    Indeed large part is down to the casting. I wish they would stop playing it safe and stop casting people that already have TV, showbizz, youtube or other camera experience.
    I don't mind that actually, as long as they are entertaining or watchable I'm fine with it. The surfer girl is quite well-known with a film made of her life, but she is probably one of the best casting this season. On the other hand, the Survivor pair are just insipid, completely uninteresting, can't remember what they did at all this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morocco. Love it.

What an epic fail for the losing team though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care if people have been associated with the media in some way in the past, it's the dull people who are just there are they appeal to the middle of the road US audience that are so bad. Dave and Connor being held up as great stars of their season for instance.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never liked them much on Survivor so they're no loss. Starting to love Shelly and Nici :D

I feel I should dislike the dentists but I don't, they're ok.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Morocco. Love it.
    Nice location, but they are repeating the same task from a previous season (setting up store in exactly the same market place), surely there are other things to do in Morocco?

It would be worth repeating something if it is a particularly good or difficult one (like unrolling the hay bales), but this one isn't.

The female dentist is a bit useless, she messed up tasks two weeks in a row, and appears to have no power of observation or being able to read the clue whatsoever.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex_B1 wrote: »
    Nice location, but they are repeating the same task from a previous season (setting up store in exactly the same market place), surely there are other things to do in Morocco?

It would be worth repeating something if it is a particularly good or difficult one (like unrolling the hay bales), but this one isn't.

The female dentist is a bit useless, she messed up tasks two weeks in a row, and appears to have no power of observation or being able to read the clue whatsoever.

Its going to be another case of Travis and Nicole with The Dentists, she's making stupid mistakes and you can see that he's getting frustrated and he soon won't be able to keep it to him self then she will just crumble.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    Its going to be another case of Travis and Nicole with The Dentists, she's making stupid mistakes and you can see that he's getting frustrated and he soon won't be able to keep it to him self then she will just crumble.

Teams should really try to calm down if they have trouble doing some tasks, read the clue again if necessary. A lot of the tasks aren't that difficult, they just need a clear head and to stay calm. Things go wrong when the contestants allow themselves to get too agitated.

I wonder why the surfer girl didn't do the previous roadblock because that wasn't a physical challenge. Even though she showed that she is quite tough, she might have some trouble with this one if someone hadn't helped her putting the hides onto her bicycle.

I don't think the mother/daughter team U-turning the Survivor team would have made much difference to the result, the Survivor team took a really long time to finish.

The wrestlers don't appear to know the difference between a maraca (nothing to do with Morocco I think) and a tambourine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last team was pretty obvious through most of this leg. I like the self navigation though, it always finds some teams out and the mother/daughter didn't seem good at asking for directions.

The challenges overall good again. The last one, though picturesque, looked a bit processional for a final task. The puzzle was simply too small The production may have go the wrestler to hype up her difficulty with all her moaning to increase suspense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooke was hilarious. She and Robbie were a match.

Poor Shelley and Nici - how could they be so bad at directions? I was hoping for a NEL but it didn't happen
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also hoped for NEL but wasn't to be.

I'm rooting for the wrestlers now I think. The scientists have such a non-edit and are quite dull too, I'm amazed they were even cast.
  • Options
    CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Misty is much more level-headed than Nicole, and Jim is MUCH more supportive of Misty, than Travis was of Nicole. To me, they are absolute favourites to win by a mile, despite their difficult legs recently.

It's a shame we lost Shelley and Nici but I guessed it about 10 minutes in - the edit was SO obvious as 'we're not going to fall out this episode so it shows that we've learned from our arguing earlier in the series…'…!

I like Brooke and Robbie and would like them to win. The doctors are complete non-entities; the Asian gay couple are cute, but not a threat to win IMO; and the others are all a bit too strong for me to want them to win. I like a vague surprise.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Thank the lord they went, now all need is the dentists to go and I will be happy.

The only ones I like are the wrestlers and scientists.

The gays and the cyclists are kinda just there while Adam and Bethany are okay but I am getting sick of the "she only has one arm" being thrown into our faces every episode. Yes its great but show us something more of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The gays and the cyclists are kinda just there while Adam and Bethany are okay but I am getting sick of the "she only has one arm" being thrown into our faces every episode.
    Well, she has only one arm, that does mean she will have trouble with some tasks, and therefore we'll need to see how she deals with the problem. I certainly can't remember the show making a point of it every episode.

I always wonder about teams that drive for miles and miles without stopping to think if they are going in the wrong direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They seemed to have too much pride to admit they were wrong and and to go and ask for directions from the locals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but they were in Morocco FFS. Really stupid not asking for directions before leaving the major area.
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's Kim and Alli's recap on episode 6.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sicily. Beautiful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, beautiful location, but I find the episode disappointing overall. The tasks are not challenging enough, and there isn't really much tension and excitement (you also know that no one will be eliminated when Phil says that they are celebrating the 300th leg of the show).

It says Malta in two weeks' time, so what's happening next week? No new episode?
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Yes, beautiful location, but I find the episode disappointing overall. The tasks are not challenging enough, and there isn't really much tension and excitement (you also know that no one will be eliminated when Phil says that they are celebrating the 300th leg of the show).

It says Malta in two weeks' time, so what's happening next week? No new episode?

Really? I thought this was a good edit as it kept switching who was going every few mins. I liked the tasks as well, go karting seemed fun and the painting task looked very difficult to do. Turns out the opera task was the easier one of the detour. Over this season is so much better then previous season..... I cant ever type the number it was that horrendous I still have nightmares over it.

Wish the wrestlers had a better attitude when it came to the tasks and they did not want to quit so quickly. The Dentists or TeamNoFun I still cant warm too but other than that I like the teams.
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some big award ceremony next week.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else hate non-elimination legs?? I just find it a waste of an episode.

I'm not a huge fan of The Amazing Race but do like to watch if I have spare time and just don't understand the point of them.