Options

New programmes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
Forum Member
Are Top Up TV going to show brand new programmes or launch a new provider next month, as they seem to be ensuring that a number of programmes finish by the end of the month. The one I noticed the most was Chuck, where they are showing quite a few episodes next week. On the programmes page of their website, four out of the five end at the end of this month.

Comments

• Options
    slackereconomyslackereconomy Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we live in hope :) never expected season five of lost so who knows what they have up their sleeve
  • Options
    lgb2100lgb2100 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am guessing .... repeats of Medium Series 3

there's been so many repeats......
  • Options
    choonchoon Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take none of you got the full screen ad saying that The Mentalist starts on 6th April and Dexter Starts on 20th April :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Just checked up on the next 8 days of downloads from "Good Food / UKTV Food" and there appears to be none scheduled!!! Could it be a mistake or could this be part of some forthcoming changes?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Clive123 wrote: »
    Just checked up on the next 8 days of downloads from "Good Food / UKTV Food" and there appears to be none scheduled!!! Could it be a mistake or could this be part of some forthcoming changes?

For the past few weeks (really since the EPG reorgsnisation), I frequently receive messages telling me that certain UKTV Food programmes (Market Kitchen especially) have failed to record; the strange thing is that the majority are present and available to watch.

This phenomenon only seems to happen on the UKTV Food channel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    choon wrote: »
    I take none of you got the full screen ad saying that The Mentalist starts on 6th April and Dexter Starts on 20th April :confused:

Oh think ill like the Mentalist and Dexter .. nice one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The VOD schedule appears to be empty for the next 8 days! UKTV Good Food is also empty. Could these both, be closing and being replace by something else?

ESPN promotional download has also been missing for the last few weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have just spoken to TopUp TV customer services and they have confirmed British Eurosport & UKTV Good Food are closing down to be replaced by new content. They would not reveal what this may be!
  • Options
    freeviewfsn6bfreeviewfsn6b Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    perhaps ITV and Channel 4 content.

we already got recycled BBC content with TUTV
  • Options
    onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    perhaps ITV and Channel 4 content.

we already got recycled BBC content with TUTV

I like watching some of the BBC content as I haven't seen much of it before.
    The days that shook the world documentary series is great and I have watched those prgrammes for the first time even though I appreciate that they will have been on at other times on the BBC.And there are others.

The reason Top Up TV linked up with the BBC is that there were complaints that the content had become top heavy with US content.
    So it made sense to link up with probably the biggest producer of TV in the UK.
  • Options
    onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    I have just spoken to TopUp TV customer services and they have confirmed British Eurosport & UKTV Good Food are closing down to be replaced by new content. They would not reveal what this may be!

I see this as a bonus as I never watch programmes from those providers anyway - ESPN gives me enough sport to keep me happy, and there are enough cookery progammes on TV as it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    It would make more sense to have ESPN Classic on the download.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    I like watching some of the BBC content as I haven't seen much of it before.
    The days that shook the world documentary series is great and I have watched those prgrammes for the first time even though I appreciate that they will have been on at other times on the BBC.And there are others.
    I agree with this....I have watched quite abit from the BBC content. At the moment I have the first 3 episodes of Life on Mars saved to watch when I get chance, as I had never watched them before....looks liek it's around the £10 mark as a boxset, so it's a bargain on TUTV ;)
  • Options
    NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freeing up space for Pick Of the Week maybe hmmm - I should hope NOT!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Both Lozenges have been removed today.
  • Options
    chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    any one know when the new channels start and what they are would be nice if its fx and bravo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Well...

>My subscription Direct Debit increased without an e-mail or letter in advance
    >UKTV Food and Eurosport were removed silently (no message popped up on box as usually happens when channels are removed/added)
    >To date no new content providers added to replace the two removed. Wouldn't call 'Pick Of The Week' new content as it's just programming being grabbed from Freeview.
    >All TUTV seem to be bragging about on their website is the launch of Sky Sports (of no interest to me as not into sport)

So bearing that in mind and my new opportunity to do it that's me off to 'the dark side'
  • Options
    NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris20 wrote: »
    any one know when the new channels start and what they are would be nice if its fx and bravo.

Unlkely theirmovingtowards providers now. The best you could hope for is a service from Fox.