Options

Programmes Missing From Bbc/itv Player

12346»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friday now, and still no Africa in HD from Wednesday. It really is so hit and miss that it's not very useful, despite the excellent broadcast quality downloads.
  • Options
    RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday now, and still no Africa in HD from Wednesday. It really is so hit and miss that it's not very useful, despite the excellent broadcast quality downloads.

Yeah, really starting to annoy me too. There is only the odd programme I forget to record or have a clash with and always seems to be those that are missing. For me it was Wonders of Life the other week then one of last week's Silent Witness and now Africa. Not exactly fringe shows!

The Wonders of Life episode never did turn up :mad: though the others did eventually.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the last in the series of Africa, so it'll only be available until next Wednesday. Really not good enough for the programmes to turn up days later if they're only on for a week.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it doesn't turn up, Africa is repeated at 5pm on Sunday (and you get DD5.1 too).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    ones that i've noticed missing this week

BBC
    way to go
    bob servant
    being human (no HD)

Sky
    John bishop blah blah
    F1 Show (no HD)
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    BBC2
    Great British Menu. The only listing I have is Tuesday's episode.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sparticle Mystery has been on all week and only one episode is there. I just assumed that all versions of iPlayer updated at the same time.
  • Options
    kramstan70kramstan70 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    ones that i've noticed missing this week

BBC
    way to go
    bob servant
    being human (no HD)

Sky
    John bishop blah blah
    F1 Show (no HD)

Also noticed following shows missing from iplayer in the last week:
    Being Eileen (episode 1 still there but no episode 2)
    The Fixer (BBC2)

Not good enough really, as the service is just too unreliable. If you post on the Sky Help forums about this, the reply you tend to get from Sky (if they bother to respond at all!) is that you will need to contact the BBC as they are responsible for uploading the material. I don't pay the BBC for my satellite TV subscription I pay SKY and so its Sky that should be sorting it out on behalf of customers and liaising with the BBC over this.

The annoying thing is that if you go to the online version of iplayer the missing programmes tend to be there, so there's clearly a problem with the programme providers up-loading material to the Sky On Demand Service and not a problem with iplayer per se.
  • Options
    michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kramstan70 wrote: »
    I don't pay the BBC for my satellite TV subscription I pay SKY and so its Sky that should be sorting it out on behalf of customers and liaising with the BBC over this.

But you do pay the BBC for their content via the license fee!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i just do not understand why there is often such a delay between SD availabilty and HD availability

ie SD versions available but no HD

last few days

Being Human
    Top Gear
    Persons of Interest
    Ncis La

as you can see it's spread across the channels, does anyone have the foggiest why it happens

we pay extra for our HD subscription so surely should get the same service (or better)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    we pay extra for our HD subscription so surely should get the same service (or better)

Ermm - the BBC get the same for SD and HD versions of there output which is NOTHING (which is what SKY get as well).

So I fail to see how the BBC should be expected to upload HD programming "more reliability" for HD subscribers than SD subscribers.

And BBC content is available in HD without a HD subscription!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    greenglide wrote: »
    Ermm - the BBC get the same for SD and HD versions of there output which is NOTHING (which is what SKY get as well).

So I fail to see how the BBC should be expected to upload HD programming "more reliability" for HD subscribers than SD subscribers.

And BBC content is available in HD without a HD subscription!

But we DO pay extra for sky so what's your augument there mate?
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But we DO pay extra for sky so what's your augument there mate?

the argument is, with regards to the BBC content you are talking about, if there was a problem with the content that you accessed via an app on a samsung smart-tv, would you complain to samsung or bbc?

bbc (and any other channel) are responsible for the content. sky simply provide the delivery system.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    BBC (and any other channel) are responsible for the content. sky simply provide the delivery system.

Yes, but Sky could surely raise the issue with the BBC on behalf of their customers! Fact of the matter is that Sky don't seem to be bothered. It's the BBC iplayer content on the Sky platform that's the problem not BBC on demand content on other platforms. That's the issue.
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top Gear is showing up now (in HD).
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being Eileen SD episode 3 turned up last night but no episode 2.

Now we know that BBC 2 HD is replacing BBC HD on March 26 good luck accessing the HD stuff off BBC 3/4 if this is how consistent i player is proving to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Being Eileen SD episode 3 turned up last night but no episode 2.

I'm sorry BBC, but what f*****g use is that. This is the problem, missing episodes, late additions- just not good enough!:mad:
  • Options
    MRLUVALUVAMRLUVALUVA Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed a lot of stuff missing lately. Sea Port never showed up on the iplayer but was on the web version. BBC4 had a programme on entitled Queens of Pop, which again was on the web version. There was also a programme about Prince called "Black music..." something or other. The name escapes me now. And Channel 5, who are normally quite quick at adding things, still haven't put Neighbours on today yet. What to do? Seriously though, Sky Catchup seems to be getting worse instead of better.

Sky should be making sure they get this right. We are SKY customers after all, and we pay for a service, of quite a lot I may add, and this is part of the service offered. If they want to expand their On Demand and Catch Up service, then they should be on at these broadcasters to get it right. If they cannot control the content at this point, then they will have no chance as they add further channels, and just alienate more people in the future.

I don't get this culture of passing the buck. Sort it out, or forget it. What is the point in investing so much for a half ass service?
  • Options
    MRLUVALUVAMRLUVALUVA Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbours eventually arrived, but there are so many adverts in these programmes now. I am giving up and going back to old fashioned recording. You cannot guarantee programmes will be on Catch Up, but at least if you record them you can. Catch up is unreliable and annoying to say the least.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Why is Victoria Woods tea programme only available in HD for part two and not part one ?
    Where is the logic behind this either show both in SD or HD not a mix !